Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

AFL Footy is back! Woohooo!

AFL Footy is back! Woohooo!

Old Mar 28th 2005, 12:39 am
Forum Regular

wafoo1 is just really nicewafoo1 is just really nicewafoo1 is just really nicewafoo1 is just really nicewafoo1 is just really nicewafoo1 is just really nicewafoo1 is just really nicewafoo1 is just really nice
Default Re: AFL Footy is back! Woohooo!

Originally Posted by Scossie
And about time too!

New season kicks off, (or rather bounces down) tonight.

I'll be off to Subi Oval on Saturday night to hopefully watch Freo pull off a famous victory against reigning Premiers, Port Adelaide.

Go The Dockers..!!
Most ridiculous game known to man!
Old Mar 28th 2005, 12:50 am
been there........

TheCrone has much to be proud ofTheCrone has much to be proud ofTheCrone has much to be proud ofTheCrone has much to be proud ofTheCrone has much to be proud ofTheCrone has much to be proud ofTheCrone has much to be proud ofTheCrone has much to be proud ofTheCrone has much to be proud ofTheCrone has much to be proud ofTheCrone has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by wafoo1
Nah! That's golf!
Old Mar 28th 2005, 5:15 am
Scottish Aussie ©

Scossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PommieLeague
But I follow a sport that been ridiculed so many times because 'its not fashionable' amongst the middle classes who control the media and hence, bingo! The masses see RL as stumbling block to the 'global development' on union.
I love rugby league full stop, no other sport comes anywhere near.
Oh for God sake, change the bloody record mate!

We all know you like Rugby League. You don't have to constantly drone on about it!
Personally, I'm not a great fan of RL, but I don't post on a RL thread boring all the other readers to sleep about the sports that I do like!

This is an AFL thread, & you have the second highest post count on it.

Why?

If you're not the least bit interested in Australian Rules Football, then why contribute to a discussion on a subject you don't care about?

If you have any relevant comment on this weekends AFL results, or any other matter pertaining to Aussie Rules, then post away. Knock yourself out.

If, on the other hand, you just want to bore us all to death by telling us for the 500th time how fantastic Rugby League is, don't bother.
Old Mar 28th 2005, 7:25 am
PommieLeague

Originally Posted by Scossie
Oh for God sake, change the bloody record mate!

We all know you like Rugby League. You don't have to constantly drone on about it!
Personally, I'm not a great fan of RL, but I don't post on a RL thread boring all the other readers to sleep about the sports that I do like!

This is an AFL thread, & you have the second highest post count on it.

Why?

If you're not the least bit interested in Australian Rules Football, then why contribute to a discussion on a subject you don't care about?

If you have any relevant comment on this weekends AFL results, or any other matter pertaining to Aussie Rules, then post away. Knock yourself out.

If, on the other hand, you just want to bore us all to death by telling us for the 500th time how fantastic Rugby League is, don't bother.
Seems obvious to me their is a 'protection' on this AFL thred yet my NRL thread was moved to another forum. The mods must also be pro AFL hence my request gone unoticed.
If I choose to talk about NRL as much as some choose to talk about AFL, whats the problem? Dont like an alternative view do we? Must we all become robotic AFL supporters just because I live in WA?

Old Mar 28th 2005, 7:26 am
PommieLeague

Originally Posted by wafoo1
Ahh someone else who isnt brainwashed, welcome to the world of freedom of speech.

Old Mar 28th 2005, 7:41 am
PommieLeague

Originally Posted by Bordy
LMAO, I knew that was coming.
Matter of 'who you know' isnt it.

Old Mar 28th 2005, 9:00 am
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TheCrone
Nah! That's golf!
Do you know ,why its called GOLF. ??? BECAUSE ALL THE OTHER 4 LETTER WORDS ,WERE TAKEN. ............ mm
Old Mar 28th 2005, 9:00 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mr mover
Do you know ,why its called GOLF. ??? BECAUSE ALL THE OTHER 4 LETTER WORDS ,WERE TAKEN. ............ mm
LMAO Nice one!!
Old Mar 28th 2005, 9:29 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Matter of 'who you know' isnt it.

Did you just lift your ball & storm off shouting "I'm not playing"
Old Mar 28th 2005, 9:38 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Seems obvious to me their is a 'protection' on this AFL thred yet my NRL thread was moved to another forum. The mods must also be pro AFL hence my request gone unoticed.
If I choose to talk about NRL as much as some choose to talk about AFL, whats the problem? Dont like an alternative view do we? Must we all become robotic AFL supporters just because I live in WA?
your paraniod man !!!!!!!!!!
take yir thumb oot your mouth and stop greetin
Old Mar 28th 2005, 11:33 am
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

You just completely miss the point every time don't you? The AFL fans wouldn't jump on a rugby thread slating the game because it's not their preference. You jumped onto this one doing that. As someone else said, if you hate AFL so much, then why not just ignore the bloody thread instead of stirring it up?

As for protection ... I've explained to you already why your rugby thread was moved
Old Mar 28th 2005, 11:37 am
PommieLeague

Originally Posted by wmoore
You just completely miss the point every time don't you? The AFL fans wouldn't jump on a rugby thread slating the game because it's not their preference. You jumped onto this one doing that. As someone else said, if you hate AFL so much, then why not just ignore the bloody thread instead of stirring it up?

As for protection ... I've explained to you already why your rugby thread was moved
Neutral??

Old Mar 28th 2005, 11:41 am
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Neutral??
Within reason.
Old Mar 28th 2005, 12:31 pm
Scottish Aussie ©

Scossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wmoore
Well, I was gonna reply to PL's comment on my earlier post, but wmoore has just done it for me with the above.
Hit the nail on the head WM methinks...

Anyway.... Back to the real issue!

Results from AFL, 2005, Round 1, are as follows:

Brisbane Lions 18. 8 116 def. St Kilda 13.15 93
Kangaroos 16. 9 105 def. Carlton 12.13 85
Fremantle 13.10 88 def. Port Adelaide 7.11 53
Melbourne 15.13 103 def. Essendon 8. 9 57
Sydney Swans 18.10 118 def. Hawthorn 8. 7 55
Geelong 25.10 160 def. Richmond 15. 8 98
West Coast Eagles 9.10 64 def. Adelaide 7.11 53
Western Bulldogs 16.16 112 def. Collingwood 11.14 80

Feeling pretty proud of myself at the moment.

In my Footy tipping competition, I tipped 6 out of 8 with
no real recent form to go on...

Woohooo!
Old Mar 28th 2005, 1:48 pm
What's happening dudes?

Originally Posted by hevs
Is anyone else sickened by the unsportmanly behaviour of Mal Michael against poor Nick Rewholdt last night??
Not the AFL apparently. I still haven't seen it (it's on Sky Sports here on Friday night and Saturday afternoon for anyone interested) but I'm surprised by this.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.