Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Affadavit required - wot's this?

Affadavit required - wot's this?

Old Oct 11th 2003, 5:25 pm
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute
Default Affadavit required - wot's this?

OMiGawd - it's all happening fast now!

Just when we thought we had the winter to relax in, email from lady who's been given our case. She sends list of documentation required: US FBI fingerprint checks, Oz Police checks and the like.

Up at dawn yesterday - into Chichester to get photos done at 0900 - straight to hospital for XRays - pick 'em up at 1300! Then to Brighton for Sussex police fingerprinting. Very interesting - never had that done before. Wife's dabs poor quality due lifetime of hard work.

Lovely chat with lady in fprint office who's doing her final day there

Then back to Chichester to get XRay reports - pull up outside hospital exactly at 1300.

Back home, picking up money orders at bank for all the charges involved.

Relaxing, innit?

QUESTION: Case officer wants affadavit of wife's and my children, domicile, DODs etc. What is acceptable from the UK? Solicitor? Notary?

Long lie down............
Old Oct 11th 2003, 5:27 pm
A Male Member

PeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud of

Solicitor is what i used, but i believe you can use a notary or a magistrate too.
Old Oct 11th 2003, 5:45 pm
small steps long journey

seang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond repute

Lovely chat with lady in fprint office who's doing her final day there
wouldnt happen to be a certain member of this forum was it?
Old Oct 11th 2003, 6:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

Was it Polllyana it was her last day on Friday?!
Old Oct 11th 2003, 6:35 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Yep, I admit it....it was me! Don't know who was more surprised, Rog or me! I've seen so many people come through the office to have their prints done - and only on my last day do I see someone I know!
By the way Rog and Mrs Rog - I don't normally have a wine glass in my hand while working!!!

Nice to see you - the day just got chaotic from there on!
Old Oct 11th 2003, 6:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

jeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant future

Originally posted by seang
wouldnt happen to be a certain member of this forum was it?
"Wow"......... thats what i thought would'nt that be weird ...
Old Oct 11th 2003, 6:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

jeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant future

Originally posted by jeannie
"Wow"......... thats what i thought would'nt that be weird ...
Did'nt see next post so it was weird......you guys should go out and buy a lottery ticket...... .........
Old Oct 11th 2003, 6:58 pm
small steps long journey

seang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond repute

By the way Rog and Mrs Rog - I don't normally have a wine glass in my hand while working!!!
lets hope the case officer doesnt turn around and say-"cant accept these f/prints due to the wine stains -you HAVE to go back to the EXACT SAME person who took the original prints to get them done again"
Old Oct 11th 2003, 7:08 pm
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Ah, he'll be OK! Owing to it being my last day (and to me drinking!), my mate took his prints, not me! I was just lurking at my desk trying to look inconspicuous........
Old Oct 12th 2003, 11:53 am
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

Polyfilla:

Ok, we've been rumbled!

Can't keep meeting like that - and since you're now a free agent I guess it won't happen......

Was that an half-empty case of wine I spotted under the desk? (Just joking).

It'll be a real drama if the FBI or Oz Feds come back with hits on our dabs/records, won't it?

The only brush I had with Oz police was about 12 years ago when I was pulled over for a random breath test. Hadn't had a drop for some 4 days (working, you see). They couldn't believe that I had zero alcohol - probably the first nil result they'd ever seen in NSW. As I pulled away they were packing up and going home, disappointment written all over their faces!
Old Oct 12th 2003, 12:48 pm
Home and Happy

Hi Rog,
That wine was so funny - we had a retirement do about 3 weeks ago for a longstanding member of staff, and the bottle had got left in the fridge. When I went in on Friday, they reckoned if I was going to be an Aussie, I had to be able to take my drink! So I set out to prove I could.....!!!
The guy that took your prints by the way, is the one who gave me the weirdest leaving present in history - see my thread called "Leaving Presents"!!! If you ever have to go back there, you won't see him in the same light again!!!

See ya,

Polyfilla

(the ex-fingerprint technician!)
Old Oct 13th 2003, 7:26 am
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally posted by Pollyana
Hi Rog,
That wine was so funny - we had a retirement do about 3 weeks ago for a longstanding member of staff, and the bottle had got left in the fridge. When I went in on Friday, they reckoned if I was going to be an Aussie, I had to be able to take my drink! So I set out to prove I could.....!!!
The guy that took your prints by the way, is the one who gave me the weirdest leaving present in history - see my thread called "Leaving Presents"!!! If you ever have to go back there, you won't see him in the same light again!!!

See ya,

Polyfilla

(the ex-fingerprint technician!)

We DO have a history of having to re-do everything, but I think the next set of dabs might well be in the States. Just as well! But they do change their underwear every year there regardless of need........