Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

advise please on shipping tools etc??

advise please on shipping tools etc??

Old Aug 23rd 2007, 10:13 pm
Forum Regular

bu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of light
Default advise please on shipping tools etc??

Hi, i am a builder/bricklayer hopefully moving to the Mandurah area of W/A. would there be a problem with me taking all of my tools over e.g. mixer, wacker plate, breaker, chain saws, etc.? only i have been told that there might be a problem taking patrol engined items over. I was even considering taking my tipper trailer if it would fit into a container! hopefully i will get a response. thanks a lot,Paul.
Old Aug 24th 2007, 12:17 am
BE Enthusiast

Steve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: advise please on shipping tools etc??

Originally Posted by bu1lder
Hi, i am a builder/bricklayer hopefully moving to the Mandurah area of W/A. would there be a problem with me taking all of my tools over e.g. mixer, wacker plate, breaker, chain saws, etc.? only i have been told that there might be a problem taking patrol engined items over. I was even considering taking my tipper trailer if it would fit into a container! hopefully i will get a response. thanks a lot,Paul.
You need to have a look at the AQIS web site:

http://www.daff.gov.au/aqis

The main problem seems to be that whatever you decide to take needs to be spotlessly clean (as in a brand new state)
Old Aug 24th 2007, 5:32 pm
Forum Regular

bu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Steve G
You need to have a look at the AQIS web site:

http://www.daff.gov.au/aqis

The main problem seems to be that whatever you decide to take needs to be spotlessly clean (as in a brand new state)
thanks for that i will have a look, i thought if i remove petrol etc. i would be ok? any way c'est la vie!
Old Aug 24th 2007, 7:05 pm
Just Joined

paedar is an unknown quantity at this point

speak to some of the main aussie shipping companies they should be able to tell what to take and how it all works
Old Aug 24th 2007, 8:00 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by paedar
speak to some of the main aussie shipping companies they should be able to tell what to take and how it all works
do you mean the moving companies? eg. pickfords etc? are they in the fone book? thanks for your response.
Old Aug 29th 2007, 7:15 pm
Just Joined

paedar is an unknown quantity at this point

yes maybe anglo pacific, crown removals and the rest. im sure they are online if you do a search.
Old Aug 29th 2007, 9:33 pm

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

I brought my Stihl saw with me no problem at all. I ran it dry then left the fuel cap off for a week or so to allow any residue to evaporate, I then used a full Stihl oil capsule to squirt into the engine through the spark plug hole, a few pulls of the cord to work it around then replace the plug. It took less than 10 mins to flush it out & start it this end.
Tools do not have to be spotless they should be free from soil contamination & rust [the aqis guys seem to have a problem with rust] hammerite is cheap though paint your rusty stuff & bring all you can. We had an old Ifor Williams tipper trailer it would have been worth it's weight in gold here.
Old Aug 30th 2007, 1:08 pm
Forum Regular

Oakwood 2 is a name known to allOakwood 2 is a name known to allOakwood 2 is a name known to allOakwood 2 is a name known to allOakwood 2 is a name known to allOakwood 2 is a name known to allOakwood 2 is a name known to allOakwood 2 is a name known to allOakwood 2 is a name known to allOakwood 2 is a name known to allOakwood 2 is a name known to all

My sons a bricklayer & shipped his mixer trailer and a whole load of tools
to sydney in feb the only problem he had was had he owned them for 12
months prior the mixer had not to much use as he only used it for his
foreigners he is only 24 and the bloke he worked for had one thay
used so his looked in quite good nick but lucky enough i contacted travis
perkins who had a copy of recipt on there computer to prove he had purchased it over twelve months before which in the end we did not need but apart from that it took 10 weeks
on the boat and by the time he got them in sydney We used john mason
at Liverpool
Old Sep 25th 2007, 9:40 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by cresta57
I brought my Stihl saw with me no problem at all. I ran it dry then left the fuel cap off for a week or so to allow any residue to evaporate, I then used a full Stihl oil capsule to squirt into the engine through the spark plug hole, a few pulls of the cord to work it around then replace the plug. It took less than 10 mins to flush it out & start it this end.
Tools do not have to be spotless they should be free from soil contamination & rust [the aqis guys seem to have a problem with rust] hammerite is cheap though paint your rusty stuff & bring all you can. We had an old Ifor Williams tipper trailer it would have been worth it's weight in gold here.
thanks a lot for that, i also own a tipper trailer would you advise on bringing that aswell?
Old Sep 26th 2007, 8:51 am

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bu1lder
thanks a lot for that, i also own a tipper trailer would you advise on bringing that aswell?
If you have spare room in the container & it's spotless of any dirt,soil,clay etc I'd say fill it with your other stuff & bring it.