Advise please

Old Feb 7th 2012, 1:54 pm
Just Joined

Clive D is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Advise please

Hi.. I'm getting stressed here,i live in the UK and have been applying for jobs sending in CV/resume to company's as well and i am not getting any replies. At the moment i am using a recruitment agency,they have found a potential employer for me,i had an interview with them on Skype and impressed them,they are coming over in Apr for final interview.the company are cotes hire,so fingers crossed, my job in the UK is a mechanical fitter and i work for Eurostar repairing their trains, trying to find similar work is proving to be difficult...

Cheers
Clive
Old Feb 7th 2012, 2:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Advise please

What advice did you want?

Think you might have missed a question!!!!
Old Feb 7th 2012, 2:29 pm
Just Joined

Clive D is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Pomster
What advice did you want?

Think you might have missed a question!!!!
Why is it so hard getting employment , when allegedly Aus has high need for skilled workers
Old Feb 7th 2012, 3:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to behold

I don't think there is a high need any more in most sectors. No more than normal..
Old Feb 7th 2012, 3:46 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Clive D
Why is it so hard getting employment , when allegedly Aus has high need for skilled workers
Partly because if the job is given to someone in the UK who has no current visa the company has to wait for the visa to come through, then for the person to move to Aus - all takes time. Employ an Aussie and its usually 2 weeks notice then they can start. Employ a potential migrant and it can take months.
Old Feb 7th 2012, 4:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

DC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to behold

Above advice is correct, and also employers are less likely to respond to someone on the other side of the world. This is true everywhere to some extent, but seems to be especially so in Australia.

Are there any job fairs with Aus employers in your field which you could attend?
Old Feb 7th 2012, 6:49 pm
no stressin no fussin....

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute

And with lots of people out of work the job crisis is a myth unless you are highly skilled in certain sectors. Lots of highly skilled and unskilled people are looking for work.
Old Feb 7th 2012, 7:02 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

You are not experiencing anything unusual and have been one of the lucky ones in getting to the interview stage even. There are plenty of people, including skilled people out of work in australia. The skilled migration prpgram is a long term program, it doesn't mean things are so desperate that new migrants are being met off the plane with job offers.
Old Feb 7th 2012, 7:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

sassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond repute

Hi.. I'm getting stressed here,i live in the UK and have been applying for jobs sending in CV/resume to company's as well and i am not getting any replies. At the moment i am using a recruitment agency,they have found a potential employer for me,i had an interview with them on Skype and impressed them,they are coming over in Apr for final interview.the company are cotes hire,so fingers crossed, my job in the UK is a mechanical fitter and i work for Eurostar repairing their trains, trying to find similar work is proving to be difficult...

Cheers
Clive
To even get to the interview stage whilst in the UK you should count yourself very lucky. MY OH was made redundant a few months ago and put in about 200 job applications, 90% of which he never had a reply to. Of those 200 he only got 2 interviews.
Old Feb 8th 2012, 8:37 am
Forum Regular

trejon is just really nicetrejon is just really nicetrejon is just really nicetrejon is just really nicetrejon is just really nicetrejon is just really nicetrejon is just really nicetrejon is just really nice

Hi Clive.
If you are a Mech fitter that has been working on Eurostar trains I have no idea why Coates Hire would be talking to you. You would be better off talking to the rail networks or rolling stock manufacturers.
Where are you interested in coming to?
If it is Queensland, I might be able to give you some more appropriate leads.