Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

advise on moving to Australia

advise on moving to Australia

Old Jan 1st 2007, 6:02 pm
Forum Regular

angiemarie is a jewel in the roughangiemarie is a jewel in the roughangiemarie is a jewel in the roughangiemarie is a jewel in the rough
Default advise on moving to Australia

Me and my partner are planing on moving to Australia aventualy. At present i am training to be a hairdresser and he is training to be a mental health nurse, will these help us get into australia how long do we have to of been working in the line of work we are in. Any advise will be great.
Old Jan 1st 2007, 6:30 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: advise on moving to Australia

Originally Posted by angiemarie
Me and my partner are planing on moving to Australia aventualy. At present i am training to be a hairdresser and he is training to be a mental health nurse, will these help us get into australia how long do we have to of been working in the line of work we are in. Any advise will be great.
Once qualified - possibly. However rules may have changed by then. Start at http://www.immi.gov.au
Old Jan 1st 2007, 7:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

Australia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond repute

Hi, no expert on this but believe once your otehr half is qualified he'd be able to seek sponsorship from an employer and get straight out to Aus! Apparently this is fairly common. Hardressers as far as I'm aware need several years experience!
Good luck
Old Jan 1st 2007, 7:48 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Australia_bound?
Hi, no expert on this but believe once your otehr half is qualified he'd be able to seek sponsorship from an employer and get straight out to Aus! Apparently this is fairly common.
Why on earth would he want to be tied to an employer rather than have his own permanent visa?
Old Jan 1st 2007, 8:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

Australia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JAJ
Why on earth would he want to be tied to an employer rather than have his own permanent visa?

I'd go for it if it was an option, would rather have a job lined up than have to find one once there! was only a suggestion lighten up
Old Jan 1st 2007, 9:12 pm
JAJ
Retired

I'd go for it if it was an option, would rather have a job lined up than have to find one once there!
In that case it's usually better to sort out your own visa anyway, then get the job offer. You can then leave your employer if you're treated badly.
Old Jan 3rd 2007, 5:25 am
BE Enthusiast

wintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to all

Originally Posted by JAJ
In that case it's usually better to sort out your own visa anyway, then get the job offer. You can then leave your employer if you're treated badly.
you mean when your treated badly. seen it so many times employers have you where they want you
Old Jan 4th 2007, 1:03 pm
Forum Regular

angiemarie is a jewel in the roughangiemarie is a jewel in the roughangiemarie is a jewel in the roughangiemarie is a jewel in the rough

how long will my partner have to be training as a mental health nurse be for we are allowed in to australia and how long do the visas take to come thrue
Old Jan 4th 2007, 3:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

how long will my partner have to be training as a mental health nurse be for we are allowed in to australia and how long do the visas take to come thrue
Once qualified can get to Aus! But all depends on what type of visa you want to go for!
Old Jan 4th 2007, 5:08 pm
Happy migrant

Kapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond repute

Once your partner has qualified and is registered he can apply to have his skills assessed. If he passes the skills assessment, medicals and police checks he will get a visa.
There is lots of info on this on the nursing section of the forum. I recently bumped a thread on there that explains the process very clearly.
As people have already mentioned there are different types of visa. Employer sponsored visas are quicker but you are then tied to that employer. If you don't like your job you are stuffed.
On advice from another forum member I am applying for an independent visa that will give me permanent residency and freedom to move around.
Hope this helps.

Last edited by Kapri; Jan 4th 2007 at 5:08 pm. Reason: punctuation
Old Jan 4th 2007, 7:15 pm
Forum Regular

tony_russell is just really nicetony_russell is just really nicetony_russell is just really nicetony_russell is just really nicetony_russell is just really nicetony_russell is just really nicetony_russell is just really nicetony_russell is just really nicetony_russell is just really nicetony_russell is just really nicetony_russell is just really nice

Originally Posted by wintersgills

you mean when your treated badly. seen it so many times employers have you where they want you

too true mate, sponsorship is a very bad idea, i've seen it loads of times too. What if you dont get on with the boss or your collegues? "If you dont like it, you know what to do" attitude, then they revoke your visa and you gotta come home, they got you by the balls. You end up getting mugged off with some crap job earning half the money you should. No get a propper visa, get paid. enjoy
Old Jan 5th 2007, 9:08 am
BE Forum Addict

kevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond repute

Wont you be trained as a hairdresser before he completes his training?

Why not go on your skills?
Old Jan 5th 2007, 7:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by kevinbloomfield
Wont you be trained as a hairdresser before he completes his training?

Why not go on your skills?
I think would need around 5 years experience as hairdresser, can be very easy to get visa when a nurse (depending on which visa they want)
Old Jan 6th 2007, 9:36 am
BE Forum Addict

kevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond repute

I think would need around 5 years experience as hairdresser, can be very easy to get visa when a nurse (depending on which visa they want)
Yep, I was having a blonde moment :-))
Old Jan 6th 2007, 3:09 pm
Forum Regular

also my partners university have asked for him to get a police check from when he was on a years working holiday visa in oz a couple of years ago how do we go about getting this since we are in the uk.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.