Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Advice on where to settle.

Advice on where to settle.

Old Nov 8th 2009, 9:17 pm
Forum Regular

Laura1888 is just really niceLaura1888 is just really niceLaura1888 is just really niceLaura1888 is just really niceLaura1888 is just really niceLaura1888 is just really niceLaura1888 is just really niceLaura1888 is just really nice
Default Advice on where to settle.

Not sure if this is the right section to post this in but im looking for more info on places to live in on the sunshine coast or north brisbane areas.
We are inthe process of applying for visas and have been to sunshine coast/Brisbane twice and its definitely where we want to settle when we get there but not been in each town for longer than a few days so just want some info on the best places to stay. I know its individual preference but just want ideas of whats its like to live in some places, ie what there is to do there, jobs, good expat communites and house prices (renting to start with tho)
Places we were thinkin were possibly Redcliffe or Caloundra? Love Noosa and Hervey Bay but would preferably like to live closer to Brisbane.
It is just me and my husband and we are in our twenties. Just looking for a nice friendly place with good places to eat and drink and quite close to coast. Be bringing our dog as well so good places for walking etc.
Any info is appreciated so throw some at me.
We need as much help as we can get. I realise we can move around once we are there and settled but want a good place to start.
Old Nov 9th 2009, 11:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

jothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Advice on where to settle.

Originally Posted by Laura1888
Not sure if this is the right section to post this in but im looking for more info on places to live in on the sunshine coast or north brisbane areas.
We are inthe process of applying for visas and have been to sunshine coast/Brisbane twice and its definitely where we want to settle when we get there but not been in each town for longer than a few days so just want some info on the best places to stay. I know its individual preference but just want ideas of whats its like to live in some places, ie what there is to do there, jobs, good expat communites and house prices (renting to start with tho)
Places we were thinkin were possibly Redcliffe or Caloundra? Love Noosa and Hervey Bay but would preferably like to live closer to Brisbane.
It is just me and my husband and we are in our twenties. Just looking for a nice friendly place with good places to eat and drink and quite close to coast. Be bringing our dog as well so good places for walking etc.
We need as much help as we can get. I realise we can move around once we are there and settled but want a good place to start.
If you use the search option (right hand side of page) on the towns you listed - you should get some info to start with!

Can't help at all in those areas but good luck! U didn't mention work options - presuming you'll need to work that might have a bearing too?
Old Nov 10th 2009, 1:27 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, definitely consider work opportunities & as Jo says, use the search option but narrow it down on the Advanced search facility.
Good luck
Old Nov 10th 2009, 11:12 am
Forum Regular

Laura1888 is just really niceLaura1888 is just really niceLaura1888 is just really niceLaura1888 is just really niceLaura1888 is just really niceLaura1888 is just really niceLaura1888 is just really niceLaura1888 is just really nice

Thanks guys xx
Old Nov 10th 2009, 11:14 am
Account Closed

kporte is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Laura1888
Think work. Commutes here can be just as crap.