Reload this Page >

Advice on where to live in Brisbane

Advice on where to live in Brisbane

Old Feb 8th 2017, 4:52 pm
Just Joined

laudownunder is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Advice on salary & best areas to live near Brisbane

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Does that mean you are moving with children? Or is it just yourself?
With 2 kids & husband (who would get a job through my visa)?
Old Feb 8th 2017, 5:24 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Advice on salary & best areas to live near Brisbane

Originally Posted by laudownunder
With 2 kids & husband (who would get a job through my visa)?
He'd certainly need to be getting a good salary, $60k wouldn't go far for a family of four, specially on a 457 where you don't even get the equivalent of child benefit.
Old Feb 9th 2017, 12:12 am
Addicted to browsing BE

goldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Advice on where to live in Brisbane

What does your husband do? Are you sure $120K is achievable for him? He will also be on a 457 (as your husband) and not all employers like that visa as you could be forced to upsticks at any time. I wouldn't move for an income of $60K unless you also have substantial savings you are prepared to use while you get set up and your husband finds work.

Best of luck.