Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Advice on travelling to Australia to live and baby

Advice on travelling to Australia to live and baby

Old Oct 7th 2005, 7:34 pm
Oiiii.. You slaggg!

DunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond repute
Default Advice on travelling to Australia to live and baby

Hi all.

We are hoping to move out to Sydney for good in Spring/Summer of 2006 and we would really appreciate some advice from anyone who has done the move with a 1 year(ish) old baby?

We are "umming" and "ahhing" about how to coordinate the shipment of toys, cots and such things so that we would be without them for the minimal amount of time, after getting to Australia.

Has anyone found a decent solution to this problem?

I suppose the same applies (but is less critical) for the "grown-ups" stuff too!
Old Oct 7th 2005, 9:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

wongstonn is just really nicewongstonn is just really nicewongstonn is just really nicewongstonn is just really nicewongstonn is just really nicewongstonn is just really nicewongstonn is just really nicewongstonn is just really nice
Default Re: Advice on travelling to Australia to live and baby

Originally Posted by DunRoaminTheUK
Hi all.

We are hoping to move out to Sydney for good in Spring/Summer of 2006 and we would really appreciate some advice from anyone who has done the move with a 1 year(ish) old baby?

We are "umming" and "ahhing" about how to coordinate the shipment of toys, cots and such things so that we would be without them for the minimal amount of time, after getting to Australia.

Has anyone found a decent solution to this problem?

I suppose the same applies (but is less critical) for the "grown-ups" stuff too!
Well we took a three year old, so bit older I appreciate.

We shipped our goods in advance of leaving the UK, and stayed with relatives who had enough kids stuff at their place to get through.

I went to Australia in advance of the remainder of my family, rented a place (easy) in time for the container arriving. So my family rejoined me with a house with stuff delivered. The disadvantage of this method is the separation of fmaily

Another option is to use a relocation agent. Advantage: peace of mind. Disadvantage: it costs.

Of course you could just go shopping mad on kids stuff when you land.

Neil
Old Oct 8th 2005, 1:16 am
joveazey

Default Re: Advice on travelling to Australia to live and baby

Hi,

We got to Perth in May this year. My little boy was 22mths and we shipped all his toys and just kept a few at home as we were in the UK for 2 mths after the shipping went. I borrowed some toys from friends and then when we got here we rented a house and i bought some toys from a second hand kids shop as well as being donated some from my sister in law until our stuff arrived. No probs at all. His little face lit up the day the stuff came though, it was just like "Oh wow, that's mine!"

Jo