Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Advice from those that have the Oz T shirt

Advice from those that have the Oz T shirt

Old Jul 16th 2005, 12:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

Flutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud of
Default Re: Advice from those that have the Oz T shirt

Originally Posted by Jamiem
it's interesting to think that just because someone has tried something, and it didn't work out for them, that they assume that it will be exactly the same for everyone else on the planet, and they have this unstoppable urge to spread their negativity and cynicism. So you tried it. So it didn't work for you. So what. Try something else.... settle for what you have. maybe you didn't try at all. All I'm saying is you have no right to assume that your opinions are directly transferable to everyone else. I know you'll say "but I'm only trying to show the flip side of the coin, but you are not. Let people make their own choices. Think about it.... how can you possibly make a life changing decision based on someone elses views? its crazy.

Nice to see you back Merl!

Jamie

This post is so true.
They are not trying to show the flip side for the benefit of others. Just by reading much of their posts you can sense they really aren't the type of people who do ANYTHING for others as a selfless act.
My opinion, FWIW, they need to be seen as "right". No more no less. If they think something, its a god given fact according to them. If they don't like something, anyone who does like it, is either warped or in some way inferior to them as they dont see the world the same way.
Bit of a worry really. Imagine actually having to live with someone like that? :scared:

I feel really mean saying all this as i prefer to get on with people and ignore the negative forces, but sometimes you just get your cage rattled too hard.
Old Jul 16th 2005, 12:44 pm
aussie73

Default Re: Analysis of a greasy turd

Originally Posted by Megalania
Most likely to become a Australia's first suicide bomber?
He probably hates OZ enough to want to become a suicide bomber here, l
just hopes he only blows himeself up.

Old Jul 16th 2005, 12:56 pm
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by hevs
Is that just wishful thinking Megs

Hey forum, why don't we just ignore anything he posts. He will then get no kick out of it and just fade away, anyone???
Awww, and miss an occasional chuckle? Also, vaguely interesting petri dish experiment on how narrow a person's outlook can be and yet not auto-destruct.

Last edited by Megalania; Jul 16th 2005 at 1:24 pm.
Old Jul 16th 2005, 1:04 pm
Banned

djdutts is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by eatstatic
It is good to listen to those that have trampled the rocky roads that awaits yourself?

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...t=209743&pp=15
If I have ever needed an example of whinging, bloody poms, this has to be it!
I'm a brit thro and thro, have emigrated and loving it. STOP MOANING!
Old Jul 16th 2005, 1:20 pm
NJJ
BE Forum Addict

NJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hevs
Is that just wishful thinking Megs

Hey forum, why don't we just ignore anything he posts. He will then get no kick out of it and just fade away, anyone???

I was impressed that static chap managed to fing a thread which included a couple of (sorta) good posts by mikestanton!!
Old Jul 16th 2005, 2:40 pm
Phoenixuk2oz

What this boils down to is Eatstatic thinks someone hasn't got the right to change their mind.

So Merlot left Aus...went to UK...and now wishes to go back to Aus. So what? We all change don't we?

How many of us met someone we thought was the love of our life, had a full on relationship....and then X months down the line realised we'd got it wrong?

How many of us changed jobs and thought the new job was the best job in the world then realised it wasn't?

How many of us found the latest gadget, thought it was the bees knees then realised not when they'd found one better?

See, the list is endless

It's not being shallow, or contrary, or indecisive....it's because we change.

We move on, our lives take different twists and turns, some orchestrated and some by chance but non the less we "grow" and go through various stages in our lives so our views develop, change, alter.

I defy anyone to tell me they are the same person they were 5/10/15 years ago

It's OK to "switch sides" in terms of change of opinion. We all change and develop different views / opinions at times. It's normal and it's nothing any one of us are immune to. The key is to not become destructive in these changes, not to blame everyone and everything for your change of heart. It's normally from within that there is unrest, so the answer is usually to get on and do something about it i.e make your alterations in life. It's normally the only solution, rather than whinging and blaming.

The moral of the story is it's OK to change.

"Better to have loved and lost..... than never to have loved at all"

Now....who bloody said that

My chuffin memory's crap

Welcome back Merlot

Old Jul 16th 2005, 3:16 pm
Gone surfin'

Soi Oz has a brilliant futureSoi Oz has a brilliant futureSoi Oz has a brilliant futureSoi Oz has a brilliant futureSoi Oz has a brilliant futureSoi Oz has a brilliant futureSoi Oz has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Phoenixuk2oz
What this boils down to is Eatstatic thinks someone hasn't got the right to change their mind.

So Merlot left Aus...went to UK...and now wishes to go back to Aus.
Your classic 'to and frommy' In my experience (and I work in Engineering which is FULL of pomm.... er English people) this is not uncommon. I know heaps of people who have come to Oz, gone back to the UK then come back to Oz again. Sounds bloody expensive
Old Jul 16th 2005, 3:20 pm
Gone surfin'

Soi Oz has a brilliant futureSoi Oz has a brilliant futureSoi Oz has a brilliant futureSoi Oz has a brilliant futureSoi Oz has a brilliant futureSoi Oz has a brilliant futureSoi Oz has a brilliant future

It's OK to "switch sides" in terms of change of opinion. We all change and develop different views / opinions at times. It's normal and it's nothing any one of us are immune to.
...and its downright bloody necessary if you're going to up stumps and move to another country!
Old Jul 16th 2005, 3:24 pm
Phoenixuk2oz

Originally Posted by Soi Oz
I know heaps of people who have come to Oz, gone back to the UK then come back to Oz again. Sounds bloody expensive

Aye....sometimes people have to go back to UK and clear their "ghosts" before they can really settle anywhere else.

Sometimes they stay ....like Janeyray who's never looked back and loves UK.....and sometimes they come back, like ABCDiamond. Both had to go back to find out where their heart really was.

I can't for one minute imagine anyone spending that kinda cost, in monetary and emotional terms, unless it was right for them at the time. No one goes through this for the fun of it

It's all a matter of choice.

No right, no wrong..... innit

Old Jul 16th 2005, 3:26 pm
Phoenixuk2oz

...and its downright bloody necessary if you're going to up stumps and move to another country!
You beat me to it!

D'ya wanna sing?

We're singing off the same hymn sheet

Last edited by Phoenixuk2oz; Jul 16th 2005 at 4:02 pm.

Old Jul 16th 2005, 3:27 pm
aussie73

Your classic 'to and frommy' In my experience (and I work in Engineering which is FULL of pomm.... er English people) this is not uncommon. I know heaps of people who have come to Oz, gone back to the UK then come back to Oz again. Sounds bloody expensive
They call them " Ping Pong Poms" or " Boomerang Poms"
Maybe we will soon see Mike Stanton and Eatstatic back in OZ.

Old Jul 16th 2005, 3:29 pm
Phoenixuk2oz

Originally Posted by aussie73
They call them " Ping Pong Poms" or " Boomerang Poms"
Maybe we will soon see Mike Stanton and Eatstatic back in OZ.
Bagsy Mike stays with Badge or hevs

I'll have Eatstatic

Old Jul 16th 2005, 3:44 pm
aussie73

Bagsy Mike stays with Badge or hevs

I'll have Eatstatic
Eatstatic says thanks for the offer and he will be moving in with you next week .

Last edited by aussie73; Jul 16th 2005 at 4:45 pm.

Old Jul 16th 2005, 3:48 pm
Badge

My house is always open to Mike. I'd love to get him pissed and see what makes him tick. I think he is half a reasonable human being who just felt cornered and came out fighting the only way he knew how - even if it was a bit much at times. He refuses to extend the olive branch and its a vicious circle.

lol

Badge

Old Jul 16th 2005, 4:02 pm
Phoenixuk2oz

Originally Posted by aussie73
Eatstatic says thanks the offer and he will be moving in with you next week .

:scared:

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.