Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Advice from those that have the Oz T shirt

Advice from those that have the Oz T shirt

Old Jul 15th 2005, 12:42 pm
aussie73

Default Re: Advice from those that have the Oz T shirt

Originally Posted by eatstatic
It is good to listen to those that have trampled the rocky roads that awaits yourself?

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...t=209743&pp=15
Theres plenty more past posts from people who immigrated to OZ and enjoyed living here more then the UK , why don't you show some of those to create a balanced view of the place, or do you only want to create a negative image of Oz?

Old Jul 15th 2005, 2:05 pm
HUP
Brain Drained

HUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by aussie73
or do you only want to create a negative image of Oz?
Errrm thats exactly what they want to do.
Old Jul 15th 2005, 3:34 pm
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future

It's simple enough: the epitome of the EastEnder type of Pom, got sublimely short shrift from the "lower socio-economic" Aussies at best, doubtless hen pecked by ex-Aussie wifey; still has a flea in his ear.
Old Jul 15th 2005, 5:02 pm
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

AH Eatstatic the forum doorbell Ringer, he has rung the bell now, and run off to hide around the corner. oh such fun he thinks ...I think he needs a good spanking............................. mm
Old Jul 15th 2005, 5:12 pm
ABCDiamond

And there I was thinking he was asking for my advice

Having had the OZ T shirt, then gettting the UK one again, but finding the OZ one fitted ME best after all

But as has been said many times, we are all different, and we all will like different things and different places

Old Jul 15th 2005, 5:16 pm
Gone surfin'

Soi Oz has a brilliant futureSoi Oz has a brilliant futureSoi Oz has a brilliant futureSoi Oz has a brilliant futureSoi Oz has a brilliant futureSoi Oz has a brilliant futureSoi Oz has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Megalania
It's simple enough: the epitome of the EastEnder type of Pom, got sublimely short shrift from the "lower socio-economic" Aussies at best, doubtless hen pecked by ex-Aussie wifey; still has a flea in his ear.
And although he probably won't admit it, he's angry. He's angry because his attempt failed, but the failure is his - not Australia's.
Old Jul 15th 2005, 8:03 pm
HUP
Brain Drained

HUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond repute
Default Analysis of a greasy turd

Originally Posted by Soi Oz
And although he probably won't admit it, he's angry. He's angry because his attempt failed, but the failure is his - not Australia's.
No don't give him to much credit. He's just a very sad individual. Unfortunately some people take to heart what he says. Problem is then he has a win. He is the boy pulling wings of insects. He is the boy I used to give a slap at lunchtime for being a slimey greasy git. He is the man who came to Australia, I suspect dreamed of Australia and unfortunatley he didn't like it here. Not failed there is no such thing just wasn't for him. Unfortunatley being the greasy turd that he is he thinks it would be great fun to try and pull the wings off of other peoples dreams.

I hope pouring out your bile gives you some form of therapy that you so obviosuly need.

Oh and EatStatic by the way after all this deep analysis, which I give for free, I'd like to say on behalf of pretty much everyone on here

"God your a twat!!"

Last edited by HUP; Jul 15th 2005 at 8:05 pm.
Old Jul 15th 2005, 8:08 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Analysis of a greasy turd

Originally Posted by HUP
"God your a twat!!"
Ditto
Old Jul 15th 2005, 8:10 pm
over the cuckoo's nest

Slater will become famous soon enoughSlater will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by HUP
No don't give him to much credit. He's just a very sad individual. Unfortunately some people take to heart what he says. Problem is then he has a win. He is the boy pulling wings of insects. He is the boy I used to give a slap at lunchtime for being a slimey greasy git. He is the man who came to Australia, I suspect dreamed of Australia and unfortunatley he didn't like it here. Not failed there is no such thing just wasn't for him. Unfortunatley being the greasy turd that he is he thinks it would be great fun to try and pull the wings off of other peoples dreams.

I hope pouring out your bile gives you some form of therapy that you so obviosuly need.

Oh and EatStatic by the way after all this deep analysis, which I give for free, I'd like to say on behalf of pretty much everyone on here

"God your a twat!!"
I'll second that!
Old Jul 15th 2005, 8:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

Flutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud of

I'll third it (or is that turd?)
Old Jul 15th 2005, 8:37 pm

Anne4Terry is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by HUP
Unfortunatley being the greasy turd that he is he thinks it would be great fun to try and pull the wings off of other peoples dreams.

"God your a twat!!"
What a wonderful post!!!

My sister moved to Perth 17 years ago then had her children. She always felt a little isolated from the rest of the family especially as I had a son the same age as her youngest and then my brother had children at the same time. She would hear stories from my mum about family gatherings and feel very homesick and think that she had deprived her children of that environment. So after being there for nearly 10 years she came back for a long holiday. She found that Britain had changed. It was stifling to her and her children were bored being stuck indoors during our very wet English summer that year. But she was glad to see us all. She could see that the family gatherings were, as all family gatherings are, stressful! Kids arguing, parents taking their kids side, mother bitching about every behind their backs to their "opponent".

One of the main things that my sister always used to say that she missed was Marks and Spencer. We went there and she found that even that had changed. Or had it? Do you not think that perhaps we learn to adapt? That in actual fact she was now used to her life in Australia and so the English things were the things that were now alien to her. Yes she acknowledges that the supermarkets are much better here, but that doesn't actually make the food taste any better. It was only after going back home to Australia and getting over the saying goodbye thing again, that she truly realised that Australia is her home. She needed to come back to the UK, sample what she thought she missed, then go home again to realise that she really is happier there.

We were over there on holiday last year and I can honestly say that her family are the happiest of all our family's families (if you get what I mean ). I know that could of course be down to their own relationships with each other but they just seemed so relaxed. She always said that the main thing she missed the most was me. Well good, because hopefully, DIMIA willing she won't have to miss me for much longer.

Crikey, I got a bit carried away there. I hope I managed to stay on topic
Old Jul 15th 2005, 8:43 pm
Im a woomaaan

gobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Anne4Terry
What a wonderful post!!!

My sister moved to Perth 17 years ago then had her children. She always felt a little isolated from the rest of the family especially as I had a son the same age as her youngest and then my brother had children at the same time. She would hear stories from my mum about family gatherings and feel very homesick and think that she had deprived her children of that environment. So after being there for nearly 10 years she came back for a long holiday. She found that Britain had changed. It was stifling to her and her children were bored being stuck indoors during our very wet English summer that year. But she was glad to see us all. She could see that the family gatherings were, as all family gatherings are, stressful! Kids arguing, parents taking their kids side, mother bitching about every behind their backs to their "opponent".

One of the main things that my sister always used to say that she missed was Marks and Spencer. We went there and she found that even that had changed. Or had it? Do you not think that perhaps we learn to adapt? That in actual fact she was now used to her life in Australia and so the English things were the things that were now alien to her. Yes she acknowledges that the supermarkets are much better here, but that doesn't actually make the food taste any better. It was only after going back home to Australia and getting over the saying goodbye thing again, that she truly realised that Australia is her home. She needed to come back to the UK, sample what she thought she missed, then go home again to realise that she really is happier there.

We were over there on holiday last year and I can honestly say that her family are the happiest of all our family's families (if you get what I mean ). I know that could of course be down to their own relationships with each other but they just seemed so relaxed. She always said that the main thing she missed the most was me. Well good, because hopefully, DIMIA willing she won't have to miss me for much longer.

Crikey, I got a bit carried away there. I hope I managed to stay on topic
I suppose it`s a bit like thinking back to when you were a kid and the summer was always hotter etc - you tend to remember it how you`d like it rather than how it was. Good post Anne
Old Jul 15th 2005, 8:58 pm

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by gobbyjock
I suppose it`s a bit like thinking back to when you were a kid and the summer was always hotter etc - you tend to remember it how you`d like it rather than how it was. Good post Anne

Yes, think you're right. I moved to Kent from Lincoln 9 years ago, and I missed it so much and seemed only to remember the good parts about the place. It's as if your brain blocks out the parts you didnt like!
Old Jul 15th 2005, 9:54 pm
Badge

Originally Posted by HUP

"God your a twat!!"
I still can't work out exactly what happened to him to make him so bitter.
There is something out here so bad that is making him relieve his nightmare over and over again..

now he has to get to grip with the house situation in the UK. The future is not that bright, really.

Badge

Old Jul 15th 2005, 9:55 pm
Badge

Originally Posted by mr mover
AH Eatstatic the forum doorbell Ringer, he has rung the bell now, and run off to hide around the corner. oh such fun he thinks ...I think he needs a good spanking............................. mm
lol - great analogy - so true!

B

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.