Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Advice on Taking my Dogs to Sydney

Advice on Taking my Dogs to Sydney

Old Jun 27th 2009, 8:25 am
Just Joined

d.parker26 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Advice on Taking my Dogs to Sydney

Hi, Me and my family are looking to move to sydney, my wife and two daughters, we also have two dogs could anyone advise me on the best route to go down with regards to shipping my rotties, many thanks David.
Old Jun 27th 2009, 8:42 am

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Advice on Taking my Dogs to Sydney

www.airpets.co.uk

They will handle everything for you and give you a timeline to work to in terms of vaccinations etc. Highly recommend them.
Old Jun 27th 2009, 8:44 am
Account Closed

Deancm is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by d.parker26
Hi, Me and my family are looking to move to sydney, my wife and two daughters, we also have two dogs could anyone advise me on the best route to go down with regards to shipping my rotties, many thanks David.
How will your dogs feel about 3 months in quarantine?
Old Jun 27th 2009, 9:23 am
Forum Regular

maund family is a name known to allmaund family is a name known to allmaund family is a name known to allmaund family is a name known to allmaund family is a name known to allmaund family is a name known to allmaund family is a name known to allmaund family is a name known to allmaund family is a name known to allmaund family is a name known to allmaund family is a name known to all

isn't it 30 days in quarantine?
Old Jun 27th 2009, 9:37 am
Account Closed

Deancm is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by maund family
isn't it 30 days in quarantine?
I thought it was 3 months but could be wrong.
Old Jun 27th 2009, 9:59 am
Forum Regular

maund family is a name known to allmaund family is a name known to allmaund family is a name known to allmaund family is a name known to allmaund family is a name known to allmaund family is a name known to allmaund family is a name known to allmaund family is a name known to allmaund family is a name known to allmaund family is a name known to allmaund family is a name known to all

I have just booked my dog in for his 30 day stint in Sydney. He lands on the 29th July, 10 days before we do.
Old Jun 27th 2009, 10:38 am
mmmmmm duff

MarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Deancm
I thought it was 3 months but could be wrong.
Its is 30 days we brought our two Boxers over last September.
Old Jun 27th 2009, 11:00 am
Ping pong PoM

alipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond repute

We did all our own paperwork the guys at AQIS are great, phoned us when we made a boob (originally wanted her to go to Melb. but it was full for months so changed to Sydney... this needed a different form.) ($£300 ish)

flight with crate cost £2445.00 and 30days quarantine was $808 and some cents!

DEFRA provide the paperwork for animal health cert for free and your vet fills it in for a fee....

Biggest tip: You don't know what the future holds for you or your dog... Get a Pet passport under the PETS scheme... it's only one extra jab and blood test and then if you have to come back (None of us plan for it but it happens often enough for it to be a sensible insurance) then all you do is put them on a plane and pick them up at the other end.... NO QUARANTINE IN THE UK....

PM if you want the name of the shipper and I'll dig it out. Or if you feel the need to DIY (like I did!) HTH

Ali
Old Jun 27th 2009, 12:26 pm
mmmmmm duff

MarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of light

Our vet knocked a chunk off the bill because air pets had already filled in some of the veterinary paperwork. he was well impressed with them. He said the other companies he has dealt with dont do that.
Old Jun 27th 2009, 12:33 pm
Ping pong PoM

alipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond repute

I filled in all the bits (name address, breed, DOB, microchip number) and wrote my own statement saying she wasn't a 'banned' breed and hadn't been to Africa. After that there's nothing more to fill. It really isn't a complicated form. The only fiddly thing IMHO is the timing of the blood tests, and making sure that the vet witnesses the application of the FRONTLINE.

But hey, if your vet discounts for form filling then that's great, mine didn't even say thanks, but he didn't charge when he had to write a letter about her long term medication, so I guess that's OK!
Old Jun 27th 2009, 5:01 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by MarkMC
Its is 30 days we brought our two Boxers over last September.
Thanks i heard it was 30 day's how much did you pay for the two dogs, and how was there journey?
Old Jun 28th 2009, 5:08 pm
Ping pong PoM

one dog in sydney 30days $808...
Price are on the AQIS site for quarantine fees

http://www.daff.gov.au/aqis/cat-dogs.../govt-stations

there you go the fees listed!
Old Jun 28th 2009, 5:12 pm
Just Joined

Tom Ward has a brilliant futureTom Ward has a brilliant futureTom Ward has a brilliant futureTom Ward has a brilliant futureTom Ward has a brilliant futureTom Ward has a brilliant future

Hiya,
We're taking cats not dogs to Sydney in Sept so slightly tenuous link... but anyways, we're using Airpets and they have so far been brilliant. They came in a bit more expensive than some of the quotes we had but so many people sang their praises that we felt it was the obvious choice. Our furry family will spend 30 days in Sydney quarantine before flying up the cost with dogtainers to meet us in Brissy. Hope your move goes well.
Old Jun 28th 2009, 9:36 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by alipally
one dog in sydney 30days $808...
Price are on the AQIS site for quarantine fees

http://www.daff.gov.au/aqis/cat-dogs.../govt-stations

there you go the fees listed!
Thankyou.