Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Advice or suggestions on moving a small amount of goods back to the UK, please!

Advice or suggestions on moving a small amount of goods back to the UK, please!

Old Oct 11th 2013, 12:45 pm
Wannabe PPP

With All Due Respect... is a name known to allWith All Due Respect... is a name known to allWith All Due Respect... is a name known to allWith All Due Respect... is a name known to allWith All Due Respect... is a name known to allWith All Due Respect... is a name known to allWith All Due Respect... is a name known to allWith All Due Respect... is a name known to allWith All Due Respect... is a name known to allWith All Due Respect... is a name known to allWith All Due Respect... is a name known to all
Default Advice or suggestions on moving a small amount of goods back to the UK, please!

Firstly, if you think this is better off in the returning to the UK section, mods, then please move it.

I urgently need to move a low volume (but high weight) set of personal effects/goods back to the UK from their current location in Melbourne. I have 2 weeks in which to arrange something (from the other side of the World), as where they are stored will then be no longer available to myself.

I likely have around a cubic metre of goods unpacked as it stands (2 toolboxes, a stereo separates system, a PC tower, a few hard drives, some CDs, a hammock, several pictures and some paperwork). I may have a little more depending on how these are packed. Although it's low volume it would weigh a lot thanks to the 2 toolboxes - maybe 25Kg by themselves?

These have been in professional storage and then subsequently stored by my ex-fiance's friend in their lock up garage since I left Australia. As it looks like my return to Australia is now looking unlikely (at least in the short term), and as my ex's friend is now moving, then I need to get these things back to my own property in Kent.

Does anyone have any suggestions for economical shipping by volume rather than weight? Alternatively (long shot), is anyone moving from Melbourne back to the UK in the not too distant and would be prepared to come to some sort of deal over me using a little of their space in their ISO container?

Any help or advice gratefully received!
Old Oct 11th 2013, 12:57 pm
Random Member

Peepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Advice or suggestions on moving a small amount of goods back to the UK, please!

Hi - Seven Seas are always a good bet. One of their large boxes has a maximum weight of 30kg so you could stick a toolbox in each. I recently paid £250 for 2 boxes from London to Melbourne door-to-door delivered within 10 days. So I'd imagine the cost would be similar coming back the other way.
Old Oct 11th 2013, 1:11 pm
Wannabe PPP

With All Due Respect... is a name known to allWith All Due Respect... is a name known to allWith All Due Respect... is a name known to allWith All Due Respect... is a name known to allWith All Due Respect... is a name known to allWith All Due Respect... is a name known to allWith All Due Respect... is a name known to allWith All Due Respect... is a name known to allWith All Due Respect... is a name known to allWith All Due Respect... is a name known to allWith All Due Respect... is a name known to all
Default Re: Advice or suggestions on moving a small amount of goods back to the UK, please!

Originally Posted by Peepster
Hi - Seven Seas are always a good bet. One of their large boxes has a maximum weight of 30kg so you could stick a toolbox in each. I recently paid £250 for 2 boxes from London to Melbourne door-to-door delivered within 10 days. So I'd imagine the cost would be similar coming back the other way.
Thank you. I'll take a look at them too.
Old Oct 11th 2013, 1:17 pm
Forum Regular

mrs Bucket has a brilliant futuremrs Bucket has a brilliant futuremrs Bucket has a brilliant futuremrs Bucket has a brilliant futuremrs Bucket has a brilliant futuremrs Bucket has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by With All Due Respect...
Thank you. I'll take a look at them too.
there is www.wedelivertheworld.co.uk we have used those several times from usa to uk and uk to isa also we pack we ship about to use them.
Old Oct 11th 2013, 1:21 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mrs Bucket
there is www.wedelivertheworld.co.uk we have used those several times from usa to uk and uk to isa also we pack we ship about to use them.
I've used Wedelivertheworld Uk to Aus a few times, excellent service
Old Oct 11th 2013, 1:34 pm
Wannabe PPP

Thanks mrs Bucket and Pollyana. I'll have a gander at them as well.
Old Oct 12th 2013, 11:06 pm
Canuck/Aussie

comet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of light

Depends how fast you need it. We used Pack n' Send to move stuff from Oz to Canada. They pool together shipments and sent it by sea so the weight doesn't matter. Took about 6 weeks though.

http://www.packsend.com.au/
Old Oct 13th 2013, 9:45 pm
Wannabe PPP

Originally Posted by comet555
Depends how fast you need it. We used Pack n' Send to move stuff from Oz to Canada. They pool together shipments and sent it by sea so the weight doesn't matter. Took about 6 weeks though.

http://www.packsend.com.au/

Cheers comet. In no rush whatsoever as I've done without it all for years at this point! Just want to get these few items back without it costing me thousands...
Old Oct 14th 2013, 8:15 am
BE Enthusiast

billymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nice

Originally Posted by With All Due Respect...
Firstly, if you think this is better off in the returning to the UK section, mods, then please move it.

I urgently need to move a low volume (but high weight) set of personal effects/goods back to the UK from their current location in Melbourne. I have 2 weeks in which to arrange something (from the other side of the World), as where they are stored will then be no longer available to myself.

I likely have around a cubic metre of goods unpacked as it stands (2 toolboxes, a stereo separates system, a PC tower, a few hard drives, some CDs, a hammock, several pictures and some paperwork). I may have a little more depending on how these are packed. Although it's low volume it would weigh a lot thanks to the 2 toolboxes - maybe 25Kg by themselves?

These have been in professional storage and then subsequently stored by my ex-fiance's friend in their lock up garage since I left Australia. As it looks like my return to Australia is now looking unlikely (at least in the short term), and as my ex's friend is now moving, then I need to get these things back to my own property in Kent.

Does anyone have any suggestions for economical shipping by volume rather than weight? Alternatively (long shot), is anyone moving from Melbourne back to the UK in the not too distant and would be prepared to come to some sort of deal over me using a little of their space in their ISO container?

Any help or advice gratefully received!
hi
I have just used www.discountfreight.com.au 0294771968 march this year to ship 7 tea chest sized boxes Perth to uk. all the boxes was well over 30kg each box. cost was about $800
speak to Phil on 0410649164.
I found their service very good
Old Oct 15th 2013, 4:38 pm
Wannabe PPP

Originally Posted by billymacker
hi
I have just used www.discountfreight.com.au 0294771968 march this year to ship 7 tea chest sized boxes Perth to uk. all the boxes was well over 30kg each box. cost was about $800
speak to Phil on 0410649164.
I found their service very good
Ta billymacker. That sounds cheap! Another one to check out.