Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Advice Required :Form 888

Advice Required :Form 888

Old Aug 3rd 2006, 2:25 am
Banned

smurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to behold
Question Advice Required :Form 888

Hi,

Just a quick note to ask, my hubby is an Australian Citizen.During the stage 2 of Spouse Visa application if you are unable to find anybody else to sign Form 888 for you or if its getting hard to ask for such a favour etc.

Can my hubby/sponsor sign this form (Form :888) in front of JP and attach his Australian citizenship certificate?

Please comment.

Thanks
Old Aug 3rd 2006, 2:53 am
Is it the weekend yet?

Anastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Advice Required :Form 888

Originally Posted by smurtaza
Hi,

Just a quick note to ask, my hubby is an Australian Citizen.During the stage 2 of Spouse Visa application if you are unable to find anybody else to sign Form 888 for you or if its getting hard to ask for such a favour etc.

Can my hubby/sponsor sign this form (Form :888) in front of JP and attach his Australian citizenship certificate?

Please comment.

Thanks
My hubbys dad and brother both did a form for me. Remember though, it has to be done on you not your hubby. I pretty much told them what to right ie "I have know Janet for x amount of years, she is married to my son Brad and have a son together, it is my opinion that their relationship is genuine"

I dont remember them having it signed by a JP, but the mother in law and her mum are both JPs so they may have done. (it was a while ago)

I dont think your hubby will need to do one as he is the citizen and you are the applicant.
Old Aug 3rd 2006, 3:11 am
Banned

smurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to behold
Question Re: Advice Required :Form 888

Originally Posted by Anastasia Beaverhausen
My hubbys dad and brother both did a form for me. Remember though, it has to be done on you not your hubby. I pretty much told them what to right ie "I have know Janet for x amount of years, she is married to my son Brad and have a son together, it is my opinion that their relationship is genuine"

I dont remember them having it signed by a JP, but the mother in law and her mum are both JPs so they may have done. (it was a while ago)

I dont think your hubby will need to do one as he is the citizen and you are the applicant.
I am having difficulty in finding people and ask them for a favour to sign it for me.The tricky part is that you need to attach their passport with this form showing their status in Australia.So I just need to confirm in such a case can my husband is eligible to do this for me?
Old Aug 3rd 2006, 3:41 am
Is it the weekend yet?

Anastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond repute

I am having difficulty in finding people and ask them for a favour to sign it for me.The tricky part is that you need to attach their passport with this form showing their status in Australia.So I just need to confirm in such a case can my husband is eligible to do this for me?
I doubt your hubby will be able to do it. The form is decalring wether that person believes your relationship to be genuine, as he is part of that relationship, I would think it unlikely that he could sign.

Does he not have any family in Oz that could do it?
Old Aug 3rd 2006, 3:55 am
Banned

Question Re: Advice Required :Form 888

Originally Posted by Anastasia Beaverhausen
I doubt your hubby will be able to do it. The form is decalring wether that person believes your relationship to be genuine, as he is part of that relationship, I would think it unlikely that he could sign.

Does he not have any family in Oz that could do it?
No Family in Oz.Mother /Father and all parents are overseas.Just got one from local medical doctor but the other form is a pain in bum.

Cheers
Old Aug 3rd 2006, 4:06 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

No Family in Oz.Mother /Father and all parents are overseas.Just got one from local medical doctor but the other form is a pain in bum.

Cheers
But presumably Hubby is the one sponsoring you so no he can't do an 888 detailing how well he knows you "both" and how he sees the relationship from an outsiders point of view

Yes it does have to be certified in front of JP together with copy of passport/citizenship certificate or birth certificate.