Advice Please

Old Apr 26th 2013, 10:47 am
Forum Regular

ozoz will become famous soon enoughozoz will become famous soon enough
Default Advice Please

Hi peeps

I recently applied for job not stating the company but i was offered the job congratulations and everything subject to a medical. A couple of days later the offer of the job was recinded i assume on the basis of a medical the company in question will not give me the results of the medical. My question is how do i go about getting access to this medical can i get access to this medical via my doctor. Also why will the company not release my medical results to me.

All help many thanks
Old Apr 26th 2013, 11:04 am
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Advice Please

Originally Posted by ozoz
Hi peeps

I recently applied for job not stating the company but i was offered the job congratulations and everything subject to a medical. A couple of days later the offer of the job was recinded i assume on the basis of a medical the company in question will not give me the results of the medical. My question is how do i go about getting access to this medical can i get access to this medical via my doctor. Also why will the company not release my medical results to me.

All help many thanks
Do you know for sure that your Medical was the reason for the offer being recinded? If that is the case I would ask them again why, on the basis that if it was anything serious etc you need to inform your own Doctor. Good lcuk
Old Apr 26th 2013, 1:01 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Hi peeps

All help many thanks
Sorry to hear that, it's horrible to have your hopes raised and then dashed

Bit tricky, this one, and I don't know all the answers. An important point is, did you pay for the medical or did the company? If it's the latter, I'm not sure that they're obliged to give you a copy although you'd think common decency would say otherwise.

Also - the Equal Employment Opportunity legislation is red hot on rejecting an otherwise qualified applicant purely on medical grounds, UNLESS the medical condition renders the person incapable of performing one or more functions of the position. If they've rejected you for something they saw in your medical report, but that 'something' isn't an obvious impediment to you doing the job then they're going to keep their mouths shut.

You could ask your doctor to try to obtain the report, although I don't like your chances. The only other avenue appears to be applying for the report through the Freedom of Information Act - not sure if such a situation is covered but it might be worth checking out.
Old Apr 26th 2013, 1:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

RedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by brits1
Do you know for sure that your Medical was the reason for the offer being recinded? If that is the case I would ask them again why, on the basis that if it was anything serious etc you need to inform your own Doctor. Good lcuk
I agree

remain focused on potential medical issue

Number of reasons could be for non medical reason of recinding ie budget dropped. Better this time rather than 2 weeks into the job.

Think positively and focus on it being circumstance not something on you personally.

You got this close another opportunity will arise
Old Apr 28th 2013, 8:56 am
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

Hi peeps

All help many thanks
It may be a case of the company just decided not to fill the position after all -it does happen, no reason or explaination......
If there was anything wrong, I am sure that the doctor would have contacted you or your doctor. Can you get yours to try?

Last edited by The Bloke; Apr 28th 2013 at 9:02 am.