advice please

Old Nov 7th 2007, 2:08 pm
pink 'n' bouncy

stuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond repute
Default advice please

Ok so its nearly crunch time.

We need to validate before March and we still havent sold the house yet,plenty of interest but no one else can sell their house so its all systems no go

So what i'm interested to know is how close to february ( the month we've chosen to validate ) would you recommend i book a validation trip.We've decided to give the house another couple of weeks before i begin to start looking at a trip.I know february is cutting it a bit fine but i cant really see any other way around it.
Has anyone else out there left it that late before their validation cut off point? How feasible is it to book everything a month or so in advance,i.e flights accomodation etc ? and yes i know its the busiest time of the year !

Oh gawd i've actually go way past the fretting stage,it really is all one big ball ache

Regards

Lee
Old Nov 7th 2007, 3:28 pm
Forum Regular

djfbug is just really nicedjfbug is just really nicedjfbug is just really nicedjfbug is just really nicedjfbug is just really nicedjfbug is just really nicedjfbug is just really nicedjfbug is just really nicedjfbug is just really nicedjfbug is just really nice
Default Re: advice please

We booked with Singapore Airlines within 4 weeks of travelling with no problems at all. I really do sympathise with your house situation as we are in a similar boat - need to validate but not sold yet. We've bitten the bullet and are moving at the end of the month and just hope the house sells very quickly after that.
Old Nov 7th 2007, 3:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

black cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to all

We booked 2 and 1/2 weeks before we went at easter (travelbag flew with qantas) and had no problems!
Old Nov 7th 2007, 4:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

mum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by stuckinblighty

We need to validate before March and we still havent sold the house yet,plenty of interest but no one else can sell their house so its all systems no go

So what i'm interested to know is how close to february ( the month we've chosen to validate ) would you recommend i book a validation trip.We've decided to give the house another couple of weeks before i begin to start looking at a trip.I know february is cutting it a bit fine but i cant really see any other way around it.
Has anyone else out there left it that late before their validation cut off point? How feasible is it to book everything a month or so in advance,i.e flights accomodation etc ? and yes i know its the busiest time of the year !

Oh gawd i've actually go way past the fretting stage,it really is all one big ball ache

Regards

Lee
Our cut off date is also March 13th i think we are flying on Feb 10th but i dont see why you couldnt go a week before the cut off date as long as it is before dont worry.

You mostly get E tickets now so not like you have to wait for the tickets to come in the post or anything, book last minute you will prob get a good deal.
Old Nov 8th 2007, 4:10 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Bear in mind that you can't rely on a sale in any way until contracts are exchanged. A large proportion of U.K. house sales "fall through" before even reaching this point. (unless you are in Scotland where laws are different).

Considering that the Christmas season is nearly upon us, you may need to plan for a validation trip anyway, rather than have panic at the last minute.
Old Nov 8th 2007, 4:20 am
no longer searching

walaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond repute

We booked flight between Xmas & NY, with no probs travelling at the end of Feb (nearly 2 yrs ago).

One issue with leaving validation to the last minute, is if a member of the family became ill and could not fly - I seem to recall this scenerio about 3yrs ago from someone on expats
Old Nov 8th 2007, 4:30 am
on the Goldie

thewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Lee

we booked on a Wednesday and flew on the Sunday - the only prob was telling work

hope things come together soon for you
Old Nov 8th 2007, 4:35 am
Forum Regular

charb has a brilliant futurecharb has a brilliant futurecharb has a brilliant futurecharb has a brilliant futurecharb has a brilliant futurecharb has a brilliant future

We booked Sunday lunchtime (online) & flew out Tuesday evening with SQ. That was back in May this year. OH validation date was the end of May. (although he had been over the month before - we didn't realise the house would 'go through' as quick as did) I wanted to make sure everything was signed & sealed with the house sale - which took place the Friday before.

I think you'll always get something - whether it's the price you want to pay is a different matter!
Old Nov 8th 2007, 4:36 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Regards

Lee
We booked to Perth a week before going. We also validated our visas 2 month before they ran out.
When we got back we sold our house straight away, so we were back in Perth 8 weeks later.
Should be pretty easy to book anything.
Old Nov 8th 2007, 4:43 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

You shouldn't have any problems with February. Shouldn't be busy. School hols are over and everything is back to normal - whatever that is
Old Nov 8th 2007, 4:58 am
BE Enthusiast

flowergal is a name known to allflowergal is a name known to allflowergal is a name known to allflowergal is a name known to allflowergal is a name known to allflowergal is a name known to allflowergal is a name known to allflowergal is a name known to allflowergal is a name known to allflowergal is a name known to allflowergal is a name known to all

Awwwwwwwwwww mate sound like your going through it.
Cant really say any more than the others have, just wanted to send you a great big hug.

Amanda x
Old Nov 8th 2007, 8:12 am
Forum Regular

sandav is a name known to allsandav is a name known to allsandav is a name known to allsandav is a name known to allsandav is a name known to allsandav is a name known to allsandav is a name known to allsandav is a name known to allsandav is a name known to allsandav is a name known to allsandav is a name known to all

We are having the same problem selling the house. We need to validate by the 16th March so looks like we will have to do the validation trip as well and then come back and hope this place sell quick. It just seems to be a horrible time for selling houses in Ireland and the UK.

Sandra
Old Nov 8th 2007, 7:22 pm
pink 'n' bouncy

stuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by walaj

One issue with leaving validation to the last minute, is if a member of the family became ill and could not fly - I seem to recall this scenerio about 3yrs ago from someone on expats
That was my main worry about validating at the last minute

Lee
Old Nov 8th 2007, 7:22 pm
pink 'n' bouncy

Originally Posted by sandav
We are having the same problem selling the house. We need to validate by the 16th March so looks like we will have to do the validation trip as well and then come back and hope this place sell quick. It just seems to be a horrible time for selling houses in Ireland and the UK.

Sandra
snap :curse:
Old Nov 8th 2007, 7:51 pm
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

Dont you get 2 years to validate, from issue of visa?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.