Advice please!!

Old May 26th 2004, 4:13 pm
debbiea34

Default Advice please!!

Hi,

Just wondered if anyone out there could give me some advice?

I got my letter back today from the TRA informing me that my application wasn`t succesful due to insufficant paperwork.

I am applying as a hairdresser, I gave up the trade when I had my daughters. I went back into the trade a few years back. I sent loads of paperwork as well as my City and Guilds certificates.
When I phoned my agent he said that they were nit picking over the reference letters not having proper letter heads. I tracked down my employer who I served my apprentiship with and she has since remarried and gave hairdressing up but she gave my a reference letter signed and stating that I worked for her at that time. I feel gutted especially since I worked really hard putting all the paper work together, my agent checked it all and said it was very detailed. I now have to appeal and pay another $300.
Is there anyone out there who can give me some hope , I intend to phone the TRA tonight and ask them exactly whats missing and what I have to do so I can send the appeal in and make sure everything is spot on. Any help or advice would be appreicated, I intend to keep on going but I am worried I will get another letter saying its been unsuccesful.
I am applying on Independant Skilled, my brother lives in Perth and I thought about applying on Sponsored but my agent advised me to go on the Independant!

Thanks in advance for any replies!

Debbie

Old May 26th 2004, 4:21 pm
life begins again...

scutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to all

hi debbie.

i can't help a great deal but i thought i'd just wish ya good luck. You may find when you call them it's something easy to sort and nothing to worry about.

anyway good luck!
Old May 26th 2004, 4:23 pm
debbiea34

Smile

Thanks for the reply and the hope!!

It helps a great deal when you feeling as down as I do at the moment!!

Thanks again

Debbie

Old May 26th 2004, 4:30 pm
life begins again...

scutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to all

my sister is a hairdresser (sorry hairstylist, she'd kill me if she read that!) and i've been trying to convince her to go for her skilled independent visa through the tra. She's self employed now and i think she's just scared (or too lazy) to go through the whole process.

i'm sure i read somewhere on here about someone in a similar situation as you. They called the tra and was told that they'd missed off something simple and the guy they spoke to told them to send it in and he would then pass the application. or something like that... i don't want to give you false hope but i'm sure it was something along those lines.

all the best anyway. (home time now!! )

good luck.
Old May 27th 2004, 5:20 am

Debbie Jo has a spectacular aura aboutDebbie Jo has a spectacular aura aboutDebbie Jo has a spectacular aura about
Default TRA probs

Hi Debbie
Im a hairdresser too but we came in under my husbands skill(he's a baker) he too had a problem with his TRA. The deeming date fell a little short. So he phoned the TRA (against his agents advice) and spoke to a wonderfull gentleman who listen to him and agreed to alter the deeming date for him.

The people at the TRA are really nice and helpfull.
On your TRA report you should have the name of the person who assest your case and a file number. Ask to speak to him or her personally and they may be able to sort out the problem there and then.

If you don't ask you'll never know.

hope this helps

P.S Don't give in.

Debbie.jo
Old May 27th 2004, 5:24 am
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Advice please!!

Originally posted by debbiea34

Hi,

Just wondered if anyone out there could give me some advice?

I got my letter back today from the TRA informing me that my application wasn`t succesful due to insufficant paperwork.

I am applying as a hairdresser, I gave up the trade when I had my daughters. I went back into the trade a few years back. I sent loads of paperwork as well as my City and Guilds certificates.
When I phoned my agent he said that they were nit picking over the reference letters not having proper letter heads. I tracked down my employer who I served my apprentiship with and she has since remarried and gave hairdressing up but she gave my a reference letter signed and stating that I worked for her at that time. I feel gutted especially since I worked really hard putting all the paper work together, my agent checked it all and said it was very detailed. I now have to appeal and pay another $300.
Is there anyone out there who can give me some hope , I intend to phone the TRA tonight and ask them exactly whats missing and what I have to do so I can send the appeal in and make sure everything is spot on. Any help or advice would be appreicated, I intend to keep on going but I am worried I will get another letter saying its been unsuccesful.
I am applying on Independant Skilled, my brother lives in Perth and I thought about applying on Sponsored but my agent advised me to go on the Independant!

Thanks in advance for any replies!

Debbie
Ive posted a couple of topics and threads debating TRA.

We had our TRA declied and appealed, and won. Less the additional cost of appeal.

I must admit, in this case, i would suggest you call the TRA directly, act subserviant and ascertain what you need to demonstrate for succesful application.

Old quote " agents sometimes tell you what you wanna hear, not necessarily the truth! "
Old May 27th 2004, 6:55 pm
debbiea34

Default Re: TRA probs

Originally posted by Debbie Jo
Hi Debbie
Im a hairdresser too but we came in under my husbands skill(he's a baker) he too had a problem with his TRA. The deeming date fell a little short. So he phoned the TRA (against his agents advice) and spoke to a wonderfull gentleman who listen to him and agreed to alter the deeming date for him.

The people at the TRA are really nice and helpfull.
On your TRA report you should have the name of the person who assest your case and a file number. Ask to speak to him or her personally and they may be able to sort out the problem there and then.

If you don't ask you'll never know.

hope this helps

P.S Don't give in.

Hi Debbie,

Thanks for the advice, your post gave me some hope! It really is frustrating at times, I tried to phone the TRA last night in the early hours but they were moving offices! Just my luck, any way I sent them an email and intend trying to phone again tonight!

Once again thanks and I won`t give up!

Debbie

Debbie.jo

Old May 27th 2004, 6:58 pm
debbiea34

Default Re: Advice please!!

Originally posted by Timber Floor Au
Ive posted a couple of topics and threads debating TRA.

We had our TRA declied and appealed, and won. Less the additional cost of appeal.

I must admit, in this case, i would suggest you call the TRA directly, act subserviant and ascertain what you need to demonstrate for succesful application.

Old quote " agents sometimes tell you what you wanna hear, not necessarily the truth! "

Hi

Just wanted to thank you for your advice, like you said some agents do drag their heels and play you. I was dissapointed that my agent doesn`t seem to be doing his job properly, he checked all my paperwork before sending it off!!

Just wondered how you won your appeal without the additional cost?
I intend to try and phone the TRA again tonight so hopefully I will have some luck!!

Thanks again

Debbie