Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

ADVICE ON PACIFIC PINES AND SURROUNDING SUBURBS!!!

ADVICE ON PACIFIC PINES AND SURROUNDING SUBURBS!!!

Old May 17th 2008, 12:44 pm
Forum Regular

sutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to all
Default ADVICE ON PACIFIC PINES AND SURROUNDING SUBURBS!!!

Hi
I,m looking at migrating to Pacific Pines or surrounding suburbs. Any advice or info would be greatly recieved.

I have 3 daughters, 11, 9 and 7months. So schooling info would be great too.

Thanks
Old May 17th 2008, 12:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

LIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ADVICE ON PACIFIC PINES AND SURROUNDING SUBURBS!!!

Nice area in my opinion. (Pacific Pines)

We lived there 06 - 07 and when we go back are intending on living there again.

The Primary school is OK and my Son who is now 8 cant wait to go back. He made lots of friends and the teachers he had were lovely. Can not comment on the high school.

There are all the shops you would need...butchers, bakers, supermarket, dvd rental, subway and chippie.

There is a doctors and a dentist too.

The park area has bbqs and a great kiddies playground and a lake that has eels in it and turtles.

hope this helps

LibbyX
Old May 17th 2008, 1:48 pm
Just Joined

amygroom is an unknown quantity at this point

My in-laws moved to Pacific pines last summer with 6 kids aged from 2 to 18 and they all love it. Looks like a fantastic place for families. They seem to have made lots of friends and all look very happy and healthy! Wish we were there too!
Old May 18th 2008, 12:14 am
BE Enthusiast

no longer in scotland is a name known to allno longer in scotland is a name known to allno longer in scotland is a name known to allno longer in scotland is a name known to allno longer in scotland is a name known to allno longer in scotland is a name known to allno longer in scotland is a name known to allno longer in scotland is a name known to allno longer in scotland is a name known to allno longer in scotland is a name known to allno longer in scotland is a name known to all

Originally Posted by amygroom
My in-laws moved to Pacific pines last summer with 6 kids aged from 2 to 18 and they all love it. Looks like a fantastic place for families. They seem to have made lots of friends and all look very happy and healthy! Wish we were there too!
Hi we live in Pacific pines, its a great place, we love it and the schools are really good, My son went to primary and is now in High school, straight across the road from each other.

Got all you need but its not for everyone. Its a huge big place and is growing every day.

Your best to come and see the place and anywhere else your thinking of before deciding. The suburbs are so close you dont even realise your in a diff one till you see a sign.

Hannah & Wilson
Old May 18th 2008, 4:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

Trevglas has a brilliant futureTrevglas has a brilliant futureTrevglas has a brilliant futureTrevglas has a brilliant futureTrevglas has a brilliant futureTrevglas has a brilliant future

Personally (ok I am biased a bit here) I would check out Helensvale: its an older suburb, and for that, the blocks the houses are on tend to be larger than the new suburbs (such as Pacific Pines).

Having said that, because its an older suburb, you will find many of the houses do not have en suit bathrooms, but then again, with the house sitting on a large block of land, you always have the option of building these things onto the house
Old May 21st 2008, 12:47 am
Forum Regular

DONOVAN is just really niceDONOVAN is just really niceDONOVAN is just really niceDONOVAN is just really niceDONOVAN is just really niceDONOVAN is just really niceDONOVAN is just really niceDONOVAN is just really nice

Hiya I have lived on Pacific Pines since Aug last year, plenty for the kids to do great parks & bbq areas, it has a small shopping centre which will be updated soon as the place is growing every day I have 3 boys all who have settled really well one is abc kindy the other is PP primary and the eldest is in PP high school.

Hope this helps

sarah x
Old May 21st 2008, 1:30 am
Jan4kids

Jan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond repute

I live just on the outskirts of Pacific Pines in a suburb called 'Gaven', it's not new and trendy,but most houses are on 1 acre + blocks. We are still zoned for Pacific Pines Schools. I would also recommend Helensvale. Pacific Pines is a fairly new community with lots going for it despite it's 'Lego Land' image.

Here's a photo of the Lake that Libby was talking about.

Old May 21st 2008, 2:19 am
Forum Regular

keithandsam has a brilliant futurekeithandsam has a brilliant futurekeithandsam has a brilliant futurekeithandsam has a brilliant futurekeithandsam has a brilliant futurekeithandsam has a brilliant future

hi
i dont think you can go wrong to start off here,especially with young kids,it`s a great place for young families and so convenient to get around from.whether its a permanent choice in the end will be down to you .
good luck
Originally Posted by sutty77
Hi
I,m looking at migrating to Pacific Pines or surrounding suburbs. Any advice or info would be greatly recieved.

I have 3 daughters, 11, 9 and 7months. So schooling info would be great too.

Thanks