Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Advice needed for my Domain Name!!!

Advice needed for my Domain Name!!!

Old May 14th 2005, 11:49 am
BE Enthusiast

swissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to all
Default Advice needed for my Domain Name!!!

Hi to all of you,

Some of you know me on this forum already I guess (I hope so ) and I would need your opinion regarding possible domain names for my future website.

I have been pondering over it for many weeks now but I can't seem to find the perfect one!!! I do not want someting with Swiss, OZ, Down Under etc cause I would like it to be professional enough. It is going to be used for job search (will have my CV on it) as well as photo galleries.
It also needs to be a .com and not .ch or .com.au (all these requirements!!!)

there are a few that I like:

www.fabsies.com
www.fabsees.com

and lots that are already taken

www.fabie.com
www.swissfabs.com (even though it has swiss in it)
www.fabgallery.com
www.fabsgallery.com

I would very much appreciate if you could give me some hints or something that would correspond to my attitude about things in general (if you know me well enough for that!)

Thanks a lot!!!

fabie
Old May 14th 2005, 2:02 pm
Paul, Louise, Laura & Amy

gajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant future
Default Re: Advice needed for my Domain Name!!!

Originally Posted by swissfabs
Hi to all of you,

Some of you know me on this forum already I guess (I hope so ) and I would need your opinion regarding possible domain names for my future website.

I have been pondering over it for many weeks now but I can't seem to find the perfect one!!! I do not want someting with Swiss, OZ, Down Under etc cause I would like it to be professional enough. It is going to be used for job search (will have my CV on it) as well as photo galleries.

www.fabsies.com
www.fabsees.com

www.fabie.com
www.fabgallery.com
www.fabsgallery.com

I would very much appreciate if you could give me some hints or something that would correspond to my attitude about things in general (if you know me well enough for that!)

Thanks a lot!!!

fabie
Hi fabie,

Unfortunately these:

www.fabie.com
www.fabgallery.com
www.fabsgallery.com

Already have been registered! Oh no, it just got a whole lot more difficult.

Good luck with the name.

Paul
Old May 14th 2005, 2:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

swissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to all

Originally Posted by gajjitt
Hi fabie,

Unfortunately these:

www.fabie.com
www.fabgallery.com
www.fabsgallery.com

Already have been registered! Oh no, it just got a whole lot more difficult.

Good luck with the name.

Paul

Hi Paul,

Yes I know, its a bummer! (thats what i meant when i said they were already "taken"...)

I have to keep looking!!!!! oh well, rainy Saturday afternoon @ work - i have time!!!!

fabie
Old May 14th 2005, 2:50 pm
Paul, Louise, Laura & Amy

gajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant future

Hi Paul,

Yes I know, its a bummer! (thats what i meant when i said they were already "taken"...)

I have to keep looking!!!!! oh well, rainy Saturday afternoon @ work - i have time!!!!

fabie
doh, of course, i should get better glasses.

Good luck.

Paul
Old May 14th 2005, 3:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

gdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to all

How about fabulous.com
Old May 14th 2005, 4:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

TheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of light

I just ran a check on www.swiss-fabs.com and its available

Regards
Karen
Old May 15th 2005, 12:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

hi again,

well i guess fabulous.com is a tiny bit self centred ... and swiss-fabs.com i think people would always forget to put the dash!

but, big news: I have just registered www.fabies.com what do you think?

fabie!
Old May 15th 2005, 12:20 pm

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point

What will the website be about?
Old May 15th 2005, 2:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ian12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond repute

I preferred www.fabulous.com
Old May 15th 2005, 4:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bridiej
What will the website be about?
Well i want it to have a gallery with fancy pictures (i got a new camera so will try to make them artsy), a gallery for pictures of friends all around the world. I will also have a page where i will put my resume and a page with some info regarding migration etc.

I just have to design it now!!!!

fabie
Old May 16th 2005, 6:50 am

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point

I think the www.fabies.com one would be good then!
Old May 16th 2005, 7:25 am
BE Forum Addict

Un-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond repute

hi again,

well i guess fabulous.com is a tiny bit self centred ... and swiss-fabs.com i think people would always forget to put the dash!

but, big news: I have just registered www.fabies.com what do you think?

fabie!
I like it!
Old May 16th 2005, 7:40 am
Cheeky member

Ransi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond repute

Hi to all of you,

www.fabsies.com
www.fabsees.com

www.fabie.com
www.fabgallery.com
www.fabsgallery.com

Thanks a lot!!!

fabie
www.iamfab.com
Ransi.