Reload this Page >

Advice needed on life the universe & everything

Advice needed on life the universe & everything

Old Nov 11th 2005, 10:14 am
Just Joined

Sir Slippery is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Advice needed on life the universe & everything

Dear all

When we moved from Battersea to Thames Ditton 7 years ago my medical records went missing!
I am now going through the spouse visa process and realise that the immigration department will require my med records, I do have medical records for the past 7 years whilst in Thames Ditton but nothing previous.
Does anyone know if this may pose a problem!

and.....

I seem to be finding all sorts of things that could cause problems with my visa, such as my mum and dad have given me a different name on my birth certificate than what has always been on my passport !! this has something to do with my mum changing her name by deed pole and not marrying my dad.....don't know why and they are still not married after 35 years....I'm not asking!

so am i worrying about nothing or do i need to sort things out before i submit my visa?

thank you kind people
Old Nov 11th 2005, 10:19 am
Is it the weekend yet?

Anastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Advice needed on life the universe & everything

Seriously though , why would you need your medical records? I got my spouse visa a couple of months ago and the panel doctor never asked.

I shouldnt think it will cause you a problem.
Old Nov 11th 2005, 10:23 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Anastasia Beaverhausen

Seriously though , why would you need your medical records? I got my spouse visa a couple of months ago and the panel doctor never asked.

Thanks Clare

Goodo, I'm just pre panicking about everything I can think off !!

I can't stand forms and bureaucracy, people in uniforms so I'm trying to think of everything before it happens. Probably shortening my life expectancy too !!

Roll on finally getting to Oz
Old Nov 11th 2005, 10:36 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

You won't need your medical records
Old Nov 11th 2005, 11:26 am
AC/DC!

yamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really nice

Originally Posted by Pollyana
You won't need your medical records
I was never asked for any. Not even Psychiatric reports
Old Nov 11th 2005, 2:46 pm
Forum Regular

Polyphemus has much to be proud ofPolyphemus has much to be proud ofPolyphemus has much to be proud ofPolyphemus has much to be proud ofPolyphemus has much to be proud ofPolyphemus has much to be proud ofPolyphemus has much to be proud ofPolyphemus has much to be proud ofPolyphemus has much to be proud ofPolyphemus has much to be proud ofPolyphemus has much to be proud of

Dear SS - are we twins separated at birth? I'm in exactly the same boat on both counts, but a little further on.

Med records - should be no worry at all, unless you know of a significant illness from that time which may be relevant to DIMIA, it's unlikely, but you can state it on your med form - if they require further info (from original doctors etc.) then worry about that then - it is v unlikely.

IMO and experience, the big pain is insurance policies - nice loophole for companies to cry non-disclosure if your med reports are lost - they assume you broke into the docs to hide your prev. history! (been there)

Namewise, you will need to produce at least a legal Statutory Declaration explaining why your birth certificate name differs from that on your official documents and the title you use for everyday business. Deed poll change is not necessary. Shout if you want a template.

Isn't it nice to know that you can get a passport in a diff name to your birth cert? Makes you think that Lord Buckingham was a little too careful when stealing identity!

Keep going, Gerry.
Old Nov 11th 2005, 3:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

pako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nice

Originally Posted by Anastasia Beaverhausen

Ditto, was also never asked, got my spouse visa in March
Old Nov 12th 2005, 7:06 am
Just Joined

Thank you all for your replies and advice

Gerry, may I have a copy of the template that you mentioned?

Many thanks

Si
Old Nov 12th 2005, 7:13 am
Banned

Location: I refuse to answer on the grounds it may incriminate me
Luke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond repute

for your passport:

I was given an assumed name (that of my step father) and grew up with his last name. My passport was in this name for over 20 years even though I had long since stopped using the assumed name and gone back to my birth last name.
Just recently I changed my passport to the name on birth certificate and all the passport office wanted was a simple explanation of why I had one name and reverting back to birth name. No fuss at all, nothing legal required.
Old Nov 12th 2005, 7:24 am
Account Closed

ROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really nice

Sir S

You wont need em!!

I spent years in the forces.....no records ( they dissapear into a magical vault when you leave!)

Never caused a problem!

Originally Posted by Sir Slippery
Dear all

When we moved from Battersea to Thames Ditton 7 years ago my medical records went missing!
I am now going through the spouse visa process and realise that the immigration department will require my med records, I do have medical records for the past 7 years whilst in Thames Ditton but nothing previous.
Does anyone know if this may pose a problem!

and.....

I seem to be finding all sorts of things that could cause problems with my visa, such as my mum and dad have given me a different name on my birth certificate than what has always been on my passport !! this has something to do with my mum changing her name by deed pole and not marrying my dad.....don't know why and they are still not married after 35 years....I'm not asking!

so am i worrying about nothing or do i need to sort things out before i submit my visa?

thank you kind people
Old Nov 12th 2005, 1:36 pm
Forum Regular

Polyphemus has much to be proud ofPolyphemus has much to be proud ofPolyphemus has much to be proud ofPolyphemus has much to be proud ofPolyphemus has much to be proud ofPolyphemus has much to be proud ofPolyphemus has much to be proud ofPolyphemus has much to be proud ofPolyphemus has much to be proud ofPolyphemus has much to be proud ofPolyphemus has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Sir Slippery
Thank you all for your replies and advice

Gerry, may I have a copy of the template that you mentioned?

Many thanks

Si
PM'ed, enjoy

The venerable LukeIam.. is right, an easier option (though more expensive?, esp when UK renewals hit the £100 mark.) - unless all your qualifications are not in your birth name - you then still need a stat dec for the change of old new name to the new old name

Big hoops have little hoops upon their back to bite them,
And little hoops have lesser hoops,
And so on ad infinitum.

Rugby is starting must dash - G