Reload this Page >

Advice Needed I'm NEW!!!

Advice Needed I'm NEW!!!

Old Apr 11th 2008, 6:49 pm
Am i dreaming??

RachT08 will become famous soon enough
Default Advice Needed I'm NEW!!!

HI All

We're thinking of emigrating to Australia and would love to know where to start!!
We're using our honeymoon to Oz to do a bit of research into where we'd like to live.
We like the idea of Brisbaine and Adelaide. Any one been/live there?
Any advice would be great
Old Apr 11th 2008, 6:56 pm
beach bum

ponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Advice Needed I'm NEW!!!

Originally Posted by RachT08
HI All

We're thinking of emigrating to Australia and would love to know where to start!!
We're using our honeymoon to Oz to do a bit of research into where we'd like to live.
Start with reading everything on this website www.immi.gov.au

This should help you work out what your options are. Then you enter into the surreal world that is visa application country and join the frustrated masses. Welcome!
Old Apr 11th 2008, 7:00 pm
Forum Regular

viksta1000 has a brilliant futureviksta1000 has a brilliant futureviksta1000 has a brilliant futureviksta1000 has a brilliant futureviksta1000 has a brilliant futureviksta1000 has a brilliant futureviksta1000 has a brilliant futureviksta1000 has a brilliant future

HI All

Hi and welcome to BE
The people on here are really great if you've got any questions.

About your visa
well you've started in the right place by going for a trip out there to check it out, try not to restrict yourself to just brisbane and adelaide, try looking at other areas too as it will give you a broader choice.

If your desperate to get moving i would say you should apply before your trip out there, this is risky but you should get your application quicker after your trip to Oz, we applied after our trip out there so could see what it was like before we applied.

Finally, when you come to apply, you can either download the application and fill it in as a paper-based application, or you can apply online.

These links may be of some help! either visa wise or tourism wise!

http://www.immi.gov.au/immigration.htm
http://www.immi.gov.au/living-in-australia/index.htm
http://www.visabureau.com/australia/default.aspx
http://www.australia.com/
http://www.about-australia.com/

Hope this helps!

Vik
Old Apr 11th 2008, 7:59 pm
OH is STILL undecided grr

Racht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond repute

Hiya Rach (cool name btw ) I cant help as i'm still in the UK.Just wanted to say Welcome to BE
Old Apr 11th 2008, 8:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

DEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud of

Welcome to BE and good luck

I'm sure you'll get all the answers you need on here, the people have a wealth of knowledge.

Donna.
x
Old Apr 11th 2008, 8:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

DEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by viksta1000
Hi and welcome to BE
The people on here are really great if you've got any questions.

About your visa
well you've started in the right place by going for a trip out there to check it out, try not to restrict yourself to just brisbane and adelaide, try looking at other areas too as it will give you a broader choice.

If your desperate to get moving i would say you should apply before your trip out there, this is risky but you should get your application quicker after your trip to Oz, we applied after our trip out there so could see what it was like before we applied.

Finally, when you come to apply, you can either download the application and fill it in as a paper-based application, or you can apply online.

These links may be of some help! either visa wise or tourism wise!

http://www.immi.gov.au/immigration.htm
http://www.immi.gov.au/living-in-australia/index.htm
http://www.visabureau.com/australia/default.aspx
http://www.australia.com/
http://www.about-australia.com/

Hope this helps!

Vik

Hi Vik,

Hopefully not long till u get your answer now !!

Thanks for the websites by the way, haven't seen about-australia.com, cheers

Donna.
Old Apr 11th 2008, 8:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

bluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to all

Hi , we lived in Adelaide 2006-2007 found it ok but not what we expected OZ to be like! if that makes any sense

We have two teenage daughters, eldest was 15 when we were there, she was ok and got on well with kids at school had a good social life lots of mates etc , youngest hated it, was at home a lot after school or spent time with us, not what an 11 year old wants in life! but Adelaide was a good starting point for us, we came home last yr,not just because Adelaide was not for us, many other reasons one being wrong timing etc, but we ideally would like to head to Perth nxt, our personal choice! you really should look into where there are jobs suited to your profession and the type of lifestyle you are looking for, we had to go to SA because of the visa we went for.

good luck tho
blue
kipper
Old Apr 11th 2008, 10:00 pm
Just Joined

tyzer is an unknown quantity at this point

HI All

hi to one and all, just joined we are flying out in mid june for five weeks on a holiday/recon mission ,touch down in sydney staying for 3 days and don't know wheather to fly or drive to the gold /sunshine coast and what points of interest to take in on the way ,is there anybody out there with their black belt on this stuff ,we need help

cheers
Old Apr 12th 2008, 8:50 am
Am i dreaming??

RachT08 will become famous soon enough

Thanks its great to hear all sides of the story.
We're also going to Cairns, Sydney and Melbourne when we go over.
We don't have any children at the moment, and wont be going on our research trip for another year which is a pain. We'll be getting married in December so need to plough all funds into that. Just wish this year would hurry up!!!
I thought i'd come on here to see what people views were and to find out where to start!!
Old Apr 12th 2008, 10:14 am
Just Joined

Wilga is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks its great to hear all sides of the story.
We're also going to Cairns, Sydney and Melbourne when we go over.
We don't have any children at the moment, and wont be going on our research trip for another year which is a pain. We'll be getting married in December so need to plough all funds into that. Just wish this year would hurry up!!!
I thought i'd come on here to see what people views were and to find out where to start!!
Hi Rach,
Congratulation on the upcoming nuptials. The question of where to live really depends on what you both like. Adelaide and SA are a great place with a more refined and European in some ways *ducks* than Brisbane or QLD. Now I am biased being born and bred in St. George in the far west of QLD, but for variety, that bit more edge than Queensland is the go. As they say "Queensland, Beautiful one day, Perfect the next" I like to term us as eccentric conservatives.
Either way, on either choice you will be happy I think.
Ken
Old Apr 12th 2008, 11:59 am
Forum Regular

Bigaitch is just really niceBigaitch is just really niceBigaitch is just really niceBigaitch is just really niceBigaitch is just really niceBigaitch is just really niceBigaitch is just really niceBigaitch is just really niceBigaitch is just really nice

Dear Rach,
We have just got our PR visa 10 days ago. I'm sure you have made the right decision. As far as making a start is concerned, you might download booklet 6 ... http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/booklets/1119.pdf ... it gives you a good idea of what is involved. Our application was quite complicated so we went with an agent. However I believe that straightforward application can easily be done by one's self. And my observations on various sites gives me the impression that online applications get process faster than paper applications (perhaps someone else can confirm that). Also before you place your application you will need to get your skills assessed and approved by the appropriate assessing authority in oz, I think further details are in Booklet 6.
All the best,
H