Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Advice needed about TRA

Wikiposts

Advice needed about TRA

Old Sep 11th 2006, 9:55 pm
Forum Regular

iainandsam has a spectacular aura aboutiainandsam has a spectacular aura aboutiainandsam has a spectacular aura about
Default Advice needed about TRA

Hi,
We have abit of a situation and wondered if anyone can help. We are about to apply for our TRA through an agent, and was wondering if it comes back ok how long will it be valid until you have to put in main application. We have asked our agent and they say just continue although that may be a biased opinion as they will recieve our money quicker. The thing is i am 3 months pregnant with second child and we are still very indecisive and scared about the whole move thing, so thought if we did the first bit we could wait till the baby arrives before continuing when we are 100% sure and have been on a trip there. Any advice would be appreciated or people who have been in same position.
Old Sep 11th 2006, 9:59 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Advice needed about TRA

Originally Posted by iainandsam
Hi,
We have abit of a situation and wondered if anyone can help. We are about to apply for our TRA through an agent, and was wondering if it comes back ok how long will it be valid until you have to put in main application. We have asked our agent and they say just continue although that may be a biased opinion as they will recieve our money quicker. The thing is i am 3 months pregnant with second child and we are still very indecisive and scared about the whole move thing, so thought if we did the first bit we could wait till the baby arrives before continuing when we are 100% sure and have been on a trip there. Any advice would be appreciated or people who have been in same position.

The TRA assessment does not expire.
Old Sep 11th 2006, 11:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

raven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to behold

Hi,
Personally i would get the visa as soon as you can, as so many people are applying i dont think it will be long before they make it a lot more difficult to get the visa in the first place
Old Sep 12th 2006, 4:56 am

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

havent they just announced that there will be more visa available to skilled workmen?

and i thought the tra had an expiry date ... something like 2 years?

perhaps youd be better asking in the immigration forum
Old Sep 12th 2006, 5:01 am
The Northener

burno has a spectacular aura aboutburno has a spectacular aura aboutburno has a spectacular aura about

Hi,
Hi
I have just received my TRA back and it expires in 2 years, this is as a Radiographer. It may be that different skills assessments have different rules and it may be worth checking with the appropriate assessor
Old Sep 13th 2006, 3:41 am
BE Forum Addict

travelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud of
Smile Re: Advice needed about TRA

Hi,
hi - we were advised by our agent that the TRA only expires for certain trades/skills. However, the main thing is whether or not your job stays on the MODL list - because otherwise you could lose your points that way. We were a little worried about this ourselves - and were originally worried about waiting to apply for our visa once we had passed the TRA as i also am expecting another child (due beginning of December) - but we were convinced by our agent (i would add not in a pressurised way) not to hold back on doing the visa applications until after the baby was born incase my other halfs job was taken off the MODL list (although it's always been on there so probably unlikely). We have been told that once our visa application has been lodged - all we need do is have the baby added once born and we've obtained birth certificate / babies passport etc. Then we will be requested to provide medicals/police checks.