Advice needed

Old Sep 13th 2006, 5:32 pm
Account Closed

JenJen is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Advice needed

hello

we're in a complete situation with regards our visa.

The company in Oz was meant to be sorting the visa out and covering costs, and we were forking out the costs of relocating ourselves - yes I think we got the poo deal there.

Problem being we've been sent a list (and when i say list I mean it reads like santa's naughty and nice kids list), of things we need to get certified by a notary
we did this with 3 documents of my husbands qualifications a fortnight ago that would enable him to get the sydney accord - well that stung us for £150, now not only do they need those done again for the visa but also around 30 other documents......now even had my husbands company not gone down the loo here and him been made redundant I think i'd have still said OMG WTF???? :scared: We can't afford to pay these cost we can barely afford our bills right now.

We've emailed the company no response - we now need them to pay these costs (never actually realised we were supposed to be paying for them)
Do we have any grounds to ask them to pay for this - it is regarding the visa which they said they'd pay for.
They created a position in the company for him and his reputation sickeningly surpasses him as being A++++++++
However in this country we'd get our relocation fee's covered etc.
I'm feeling totally clueless and stressed now and feeling like getting out there is further away than ever.

Though i'd like to point out we've already spent about £4-5,000 on a trip out there in March to check out the company, country, places to live, schools - basically the works. Plus had they actually not spent weeks after eac of our emails answering our questions about a permanent visa we'd actually either be out there by now or a hell of alot closer.

ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Any advice or should we shoot ourselves now????

Jen

Any advice
Old Sep 13th 2006, 5:38 pm
Forum Regular

jossy is just really nicejossy is just really nicejossy is just really nicejossy is just really nicejossy is just really nicejossy is just really nicejossy is just really nicejossy is just really nicejossy is just really nicejossy is just really nicejossy is just really nice
Default Re: Advice needed

Originally Posted by JenJen
hello

we're in a complete situation with regards our visa.

The company in Oz was meant to be sorting the visa out and covering costs, and we were forking out the costs of relocating ourselves - yes I think we got the poo deal there.

Problem being we've been sent a list (and when i say list I mean it reads like santa's naughty and nice kids list), of things we need to get certified by a notary
we did this with 3 documents of my husbands qualifications a fortnight ago that would enable him to get the sydney accord - well that stung us for £150, now not only do they need those done again for the visa but also around 30 other documents......now even had my husbands company not gone down the loo here and him been made redundant I think i'd have still said OMG WTF???? :scared: We can't afford to pay these cost we can barely afford our bills right now.

We've emailed the company no response - we now need them to pay these costs (never actually realised we were supposed to be paying for them)
Do we have any grounds to ask them to pay for this - it is regarding the visa which they said they'd pay for.
They created a position in the company for him and his reputation sickeningly surpasses him as being A++++++++
However in this country we'd get our relocation fee's covered etc.
I'm feeling totally clueless and stressed now and feeling like getting out there is further away than ever.

Though i'd like to point out we've already spent about £4-5,000 on a trip out there in March to check out the company, country, places to live, schools - basically the works. Plus had they actually not spent weeks after eac of our emails answering our questions about a permanent visa we'd actually either be out there by now or a hell of alot closer.

ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Any advice or should we shoot ourselves now????

Jen

Any advice

Hi Jen

Are you talking about someone to sign your documents as certified copies, like police officer or judge or solicitor type thing?

Where do you live by the way?

Cheers

Jo
Old Sep 13th 2006, 5:48 pm
Account Closed

:scared:
Originally Posted by jossy
Hi Jen

Are you talking about someone to sign your documents as certified copies, like police officer or judge or solicitor type thing?

Where do you live by the way?

Cheers

Jo
Hi Jo

Yes we had a retired judge sign our documents at £50 per document for 3
not realising there were SOOOO many more

I live in Norfolk in the UK

Jen
Old Sep 13th 2006, 6:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

majortom is just really nicemajortom is just really nicemajortom is just really nicemajortom is just really nicemajortom is just really nicemajortom is just really nicemajortom is just really nicemajortom is just really nicemajortom is just really nicemajortom is just really nice

Hi Jo

Jen

Your retired judge is making a nice little earner from you, a justice of the peace could do them cheaper, or ask your GP.

As for the cost of the whole immigration process, does this outway the desire to go to the promised land ???
Old Sep 13th 2006, 6:22 pm
sneaking a peek ...

Tiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Jo

Jen
If you phone your local magistrates court they will arrange to certify as many documents as you want for a nominal fee.

Ours (Bedlington northumberland) did not charge us at all - i know that Milton Keynes charge about £8 for as many as you want.

Tiggs
Old Sep 13th 2006, 6:30 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Tiggs+Graz
If you phone your local magistrates court they will arrange to certify as many documents as you want for a nominal fee.

Ours (Bedlington northumberland) did not charge us at all - i know that Milton Keynes charge about £8 for as many as you want.

Tiggs
Really???????????????

Bloody hell that would be do able thanks for that
It's not that it outweighs going but if we don't have the money for it I don't know how we can do it?

Jen
Old Sep 13th 2006, 6:33 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Tiggs+Graz

Tiggs
So let me just clarify - you used them to certify all the documents for your visa??

Jen
Old Sep 13th 2006, 8:35 pm
Forum Regular

jossy is just really nicejossy is just really nicejossy is just really nicejossy is just really nicejossy is just really nicejossy is just really nicejossy is just really nicejossy is just really nicejossy is just really nicejossy is just really nicejossy is just really nice

Hi Jo

Jen
mm Norfolk's not too far, do you want to find out if a Police Officer can sign them, I know some people have used police officers as they are recognised over here. If you can I am happy to ask my other half if he will sign then for you.
Depends where you are in Norfolk but we are 10 miles east of Bedford. May be worth a trip to meet up if it saves you alot

Jo
Old Sep 13th 2006, 9:01 pm
Loving it in SA

Katsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond repute

mm Norfolk's not too far, do you want to find out if a Police Officer can sign them, I know some people have used police officers as they are recognised over here. If you can I am happy to ask my other half if he will sign then for you.
Depends where you are in Norfolk but we are 10 miles east of Bedford. May be worth a trip to meet up if it saves you alot

Jo
the Mrs best mates hubby is a police officer and he signed all our docs for our TRA and it weent thru no problem, i cnt believe ppl skank folk just to sign them.

just make aure that the police officer details his name and number length of service etc,etc on headed police paper.

Ours was great.
Old Sep 13th 2006, 9:02 pm
Sunny Sydney

herrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond repute

One of the migration agents (George Lombard) wrote just the other day that from October, DIMA will accept docs certified by registered migration agents. The post is here .
Old Sep 13th 2006, 9:26 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Katsmajics other half !!!
the Mrs best mates hubby is a police officer and he signed all our docs for our TRA and it weent thru no problem, i cnt believe ppl skank folk just to sign them.

just make aure that the police officer details his name and number length of service etc,etc on headed police paper.

Ours was great.
Great thanks, had heard a few people who used police officers, my other half can't do his own but I know would be happy to help others, as long as we are here that is
Old Sep 14th 2006, 10:31 am
Account Closed

Great thanks, had heard a few people who used police officers, my other half can't do his own but I know would be happy to help others, as long as we are here that is
Thanks Jo hold that thought and we will get back to you I think Hubby is going to check with his friends dad as he is a policeman ? and lives 10 minutes up the road.
Magistrates Court offices were useless our local one doesn't certify documents and said that asfar as they know it can't be done that way.

Jen
Old Sep 14th 2006, 11:24 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Jo hold that thought and we will get back to you I think Hubby is going to check with his friends dad as he is a policeman ? and lives 10 minutes up the road.
Magistrates Court offices were useless our local one doesn't certify documents and said that asfar as they know it can't be done that way.

Jen
Hi Jen,

Outside Australia, documents may be certified as being true copies of originals by people or agencies recognised by the law of the person's home country. source

So basically anyone can certify documents if they are on the list for signing a passport

Do you know a teacher or doctor or somebody like that, you may get away with buying them a few beers
Old Sep 14th 2006, 12:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

Flutterby has much to be proud ofFlutterby has much to be proud ofFlutterby has much to be proud ofFlutterby has much to be proud ofFlutterby has much to be proud ofFlutterby has much to be proud ofFlutterby has much to be proud ofFlutterby has much to be proud ofFlutterby has much to be proud ofFlutterby has much to be proud ofFlutterby has much to be proud of

We got all our docs certified by a local solicitor who charged about £8 for the lot.

I'd call around a few and see what they charge before committing!
Old Sep 14th 2006, 1:33 pm
Forum Regular

Jen

MM sounds like the person you spoke to at Magistrates is a bit off the mark with how things are done!! they shoud do it at a cost.

Let me know how you get on with friends dad, we are here if you need us

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.