Advice On My Visa BN136

Wikiposts

Advice On My Visa BN136

Old Mar 29th 2006, 7:42 pm
Just Joined

charliefunkuk is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Advice On My Visa BN136

Good morning,

I have been granted a Skilled Migration Visa BN136 and need some info on its terms:

Do I need to complete 2 years in Australia within 5 years of the visa being granted to become a permanent resident/citizen or am I able to goto Australia at anytime upto the expiry date of my visa (2008) and still be able to get full residency/citizenship???

I am confused of what I am supposed to do

Many thanks

Neil
Old Mar 29th 2006, 7:46 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Advice On My Visa BN136

Originally Posted by charliefunkuk
Good morning,

I have been granted a Skilled Migration Visa BN136 and need some info on its terms:

Do I need to complete 2 years in Australia within 5 years of the visa being granted to become a permanent resident/citizen or am I able to goto Australia at anytime upto the expiry date of my visa (2008) and still be able to get full residency/citizenship???

I am confused of what I am supposed to do

Many thanks

Neil

You have to enter Australia by the first entry date, which is a 12 months from your meds or PCC's. You then have up until the visa expiry date to make the move fully. This is 5 years from the grant of your visa.

You then have to be in Oz for 2 years (shortly to become 3) before you can apply for citizenship.

If you wish to leave the country after the 5 year date you will need a Resident Return Visa if you are not a citizen to get back into the country. To get a RRV you need to be able to demonstrate a commitment to the country or exceptional circumstances. ie: you could not go out at say 4 years 11 months and expect to get a RRV immediately as you have shown no commitment.
Old Mar 29th 2006, 7:49 pm
Just Joined

charliefunkuk is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by WendyC
You have to enter Australia by the first entry date, which is a 12 months from your meds or PCC's. You then have up until the visa expiry date to make the move fully. This is 5 years from the grant of your visa.

You then have to be in Oz for 2 years (shortly to become 3) before you can apply for citizenship.

If you wish to leave the country after the 5 year date you will need a Resident Return Visa if you are not a citizen to get back into the country. To get a RRV you need to be able to demonstrate a commitment to the country or exceptional circumstances. ie: you could not go out at say 4 years 11 months and expect to get a RRV immediately as you have shown no commitment.

I have been to australia twice for a month each time since the visa was issued. So then what your saying is I can now enter Australia anytime upto 2008 (visa expiry date), and as long as I then stay for 2 full years I can still apply for citizenship??

Many thanks for your help

Neil
Old Mar 29th 2006, 7:51 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by charliefunkuk
I have been to australia twice for a month each time since the visa was issued. So then what your saying is I can now enter Australia anytime upto 2008 (visa expiry date), and as long as I then stay for 2 full years I can still apply for citizenship??

Many thanks for your help

Neil
Yes.

You could go to Oz anytime up to the expiry date and so long as you stay 2 years then you can apply for citizenship.

Don't forget though that the new citizenship rules are likely to come in this year and that means you will have to clock up 3 years to become a citizen