Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Advice on the moving thing...

Advice on the moving thing...

Old Jan 6th 2008, 5:52 pm
Just Joined

Location: Living in cold, wet Wales. Hoping to move to Adelaide in September 2012
hannybabe is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Advice on the moving thing...

Hi there, was wondering if someone could help with some info before my hubbie and i make some decisions..?

we were hoping to start our emigration process with plenty of experience under our belts and to travel over on a long-term visa... pref a perm one! but we really wanna be there soon and have some questions about what we can do.

1. could we travel over on a 12 month visa and apply for a temp/perm one when we get there?

2. would we be able to ship stuff over without a perm visa? we are hoping to ship most of our stuff over cause we only have the one child at the mo and wish to keep all our baby stuff for the next one- primarily and we have sentimental wedding things etc...? is this poss? we are aware of the cost!

3. what would our working restrictions be over there, bearing in mind the fact that my husband is a supply teacher and would need to work to get the necessary points for the perm visa?

thanks to anyone who could help?