Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

advice on moving to perth

advice on moving to perth

Old Mar 2nd 2006, 7:44 pm
Forum Regular

sara-anthony3108 is a jewel in the roughsara-anthony3108 is a jewel in the roughsara-anthony3108 is a jewel in the roughsara-anthony3108 is a jewel in the roughsara-anthony3108 is a jewel in the rough
Smile advice on moving to perth

I was wondering if anyone who has already moved to bunbury area could give me some advise ..
we have sold the house within a month and survey being done next week .. a little quicker than I thought or wanted really .. but now we need some advise
ie what to bring what not to bring .. where to live .. where not to live .. we were looking around australind / bunbury etc .. our son is 6 yrs old and my husband is a builder .. I really am making myself sick thinging abt the move .. not knowing if we will fit in etc ... any sort of help would be great from
shipping companies to where the cheapest places to buy tv`s frighes etc ..
also do I bring wardrobes or do most houses have fitted ones ..
Old Mar 2nd 2006, 8:34 pm

Margaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud of
Default Re: advice on moving to perth

Originally Posted by sara-anthony3108
I was wondering if anyone who has already moved to bunbury area could give me some advise ..
we have sold the house within a month and survey being done next week .. a little quicker than I thought or wanted really .. but now we need some advise
ie what to bring what not to bring .. where to live .. where not to live .. we were looking around australind / bunbury etc .. our son is 6 yrs old and my husband is a builder .. I really am making myself sick thinging abt the move .. not knowing if we will fit in etc ... any sort of help would be great from

Pribably you will get most of the answers to these questions if you use the 'search the thread' just above on the right hand side on this page
Old Mar 2nd 2006, 8:36 pm
Nothing is Free!

Location: Seacliff Park, Adelaide. Call in for a drink and a bbq if your passin'
Rachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Margaret2
Pribably you will get most of the answers to these questions if you use the 'search the thread' just above on the right hand side on this page
Have a look on www.realestate.com.au and search the houses.
Most have them fitted in main bedroom and second.
Regards,
Paul
Old Mar 2nd 2006, 8:46 pm
ACE
BE Forum Addict

ACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond repute

If you want to know about Bunbury do a search for cranni or cranny (not sure on the spelling) they are living in Bunbury and absolutely love it.

ACE
Old Mar 2nd 2006, 8:46 pm
Banned

Lord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to behold

You say your looking around OZ deciding where to live, the only proper way to do that is to travel around the country itself not by using the internet in the UK looking at real estate and tourist websites. Just because one place looks great on the internet and other people say they love living there does'nt mean you will like the place.
Old Mar 2nd 2006, 9:22 pm
I Know What's Going On!

SteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the rough

Bridiej has moved to Bunbury recently, you could try doing a member search for her and then check her posts and contact her. She seems to like it down there. It's about 180-200km from Perth, suppossed to be quite nice.

Steve.
Old Mar 2nd 2006, 11:06 pm

Clippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SteveBannister
Bridiej has moved to Bunbury recently, you could try doing a member search for her and then check her posts and contact her. She seems to like it down there. It's about 180-200km from Perth, suppossed to be quite nice.

Steve.
I don't think Bridie posts on here anymore, but she does run another site I think www.expatsinwa.tk

Denise is the one to ask on this site, she's really really helpful her username is Cranni - you can find her by clicking on Member List at the top of page and then C and scroll through you'll find her. She'll probably answer this thread anyway cus she'll spot it hopefully. Otherwise I'm sure she won't mind you sending her a PM.

You could try this link too http://www.bunbury.wa.gov.au/

Kath
Old Mar 3rd 2006, 7:21 am
Superfreak!!

Stormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to all

Bunbury... even quieter than Perth. Strange but true.

Pretty much anywhere is nice to live, it depends what your budget is, line of work, and other things.

Best thing to do is get over here, get a job (as that will dictate where you live more than anything) and check out places. Rent, take your time if you want.

If you want to buy a house, bring everything you can except your gardening equip. and maybe your vcr/tv.
Old Apr 25th 2006, 2:18 pm
still searching

woody1974 is just really nicewoody1974 is just really nicewoody1974 is just really nicewoody1974 is just really nicewoody1974 is just really nicewoody1974 is just really nicewoody1974 is just really nicewoody1974 is just really nicewoody1974 is just really nice

Originally Posted by SteveBannister

Steve.

steve will be gettin in touch for a night out soon mate for the hellp you give us

ATB

andy