Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Advice on Healthcare needed

Wikiposts

Advice on Healthcare needed

Old Nov 11th 2005, 11:14 am
Forum Regular

Mrs Rangersman is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Rangersman is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Rangersman is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Rangersman is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Rangersman is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Rangersman is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Rangersman is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Rangersman is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Rangersman is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Rangersman is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Rangersman is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Advice on Healthcare needed

I have a friend who recently travelled to New Zealand from U.K. and she has bladder cancer and she managed to get health insurnce to cover her condition and she was in hospital with bleeding just days before she left.
Nicola
Old Nov 11th 2005, 9:50 pm
Just Joined

Beck17 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Mrs Rangersman
I have a friend who recently travelled to New Zealand from U.K. and she has bladder cancer and she managed to get health insurnce to cover her condition and she was in hospital with bleeding just days before she left.
Nicola
Thank you for that, I hope your friend is well now. If they would cover bowel cancer I am sure they will cover me.
Old Nov 12th 2005, 8:35 am
BE Forum Addict

joho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond repute

Most of them wont cover pre existing for 12 month, but then you can claim I think.

Jo
Old Nov 29th 2005, 3:51 pm

Bella Donna is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Beck17
Oh dear - kinda know how you feel, i was sooo embarresed I didn't go to the doctors for years, it just got so ridiculous that I had to go. Still one way to keep slim!!! ha ha to be honest I feel like you and wouldn't let it hold me back but my parents are looking for good answers - as parents do! They don't even know what it is yet they think they have narrowed it down to crohns, collitus, allcerative collitus or cealicas (excuse the spellings not a doctor). Good to know that Medicare will look after me! I hope the doc's over hear are good to you. Are you planning on staying here?
Hi,

Sorry to hear you're having these problems. Coeliac disease can be *provisionally* diagnosed by blood tests, but often doctors will need a biopsy to make a definitive diagnosis. Have you any history of coeliac disease in the family - it does tend to be hereditary much of the time?

One thing you could try which might give immediate relief and would point to the cause, is to withdraw gluten from your diet. If you have coeliac disease you would probably have to do that anyway as gluten - most often found in wheat and wheat products although not exclusively - is what causes the bowel irritation and erosion. To be honest, many people with digestive symptoms find that withdrawing wheat/gluten from their diets clears the symptoms even when they *don't* have coeliac. There is a lot more gluten intolerance around than is ever diagnosed.

Good luck with your tests. I have to be honest - it's not something I would do of my own free will! I'm a coward...

Sue
Old Nov 29th 2005, 4:41 pm
Just Joined

Bladdy Poms is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi
My wife and i are new here. She is diabetic. We were told by someone that she will not be able to get private health insurance. Does anyone know if this is true, or are there any organisations that would accept her?