Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Advice on Estate Agents!!

Wikiposts

Advice on Estate Agents!!

Old May 3rd 2005, 8:08 am
BE Enthusiast

parkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Advice on Estate Agents!!

Hi Ian
Having our house on the market at the moment my only comment to add would be to check out where your agent advertises. For example are they on fish4homes or rightmove (internet based website) if not I would forget them.
Also check out the local advertising in the paper. Do they advertised in tiny small squares with 30 to a page, which is useless or do they use a large advert with 2 or 3 pictures?

For me this was more important. Unfortunately i have discovered these points the hard way. my last agent signed up for 6 weeks was not on the internet and his advert was crap. needless to say i had no viewings....
My new agent does advertise on their website, rightmove and has very nice colour adverts in the paper. Been on 10 days with them and 1 offer today although crap, it was an offer. Plus the other viewer interested but not sold.
Still crap but at least someone is interested. Selling houses can make you feel very low. Choose very carefully.
Hope this helps
Irene