Advice on double pram/buggy rental for validation trip

Advice on double pram/buggy rental for validation trip

Old Aug 9th 2009, 8:53 pm
nmm
2 months until the move

nmm is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Advice on double pram/buggy rental for validation trip

Can anyone please help?
Are you are able to rent double buggies whilst on holiday in Oz? We didn't really want to take ours as a) don't know if it will arrive in one piece and b) already got enough luggage!!!
If so, any ideas on cost and how it works?
Thank you.
Old Aug 9th 2009, 10:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

Iwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud of
Default Re: Advice on double pram/buggy rental for validation trip

Originally Posted by nmm
Can anyone please help?
Are you are able to rent double buggies whilst on holiday in Oz? We didn't really want to take ours as a) don't know if it will arrive in one piece and b) already got enough luggage!!!
Thank you.
Where are you going? People may be able to be of more help if we could know which area you will be visiting!
Old Aug 10th 2009, 3:31 am
Simply happy in Sydney!

LittleKittyCat is a glorious beacon of lightLittleKittyCat is a glorious beacon of lightLittleKittyCat is a glorious beacon of lightLittleKittyCat is a glorious beacon of lightLittleKittyCat is a glorious beacon of lightLittleKittyCat is a glorious beacon of lightLittleKittyCat is a glorious beacon of lightLittleKittyCat is a glorious beacon of lightLittleKittyCat is a glorious beacon of lightLittleKittyCat is a glorious beacon of lightLittleKittyCat is a glorious beacon of light

Don't know about rental, but we took our double Phil & Teds in its carry bag on three flights to and from Australia and it was fine each time. It was a godsend in the airport for putting either children in to keep them under control, or hand luggage in. It might be worth looking in to whether you can get a travel bag for it.
Old Aug 10th 2009, 11:40 am
nmm
2 months until the move

nmm is an unknown quantity at this point

Brisbane.
Good idea about having it handy at airport. Can you get travel bags for the double buggy? Do you know how much they are?
Thanks
Old Aug 10th 2009, 2:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

PoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by nmm
Can anyone please help?
Thank you.
Not sure what age your kids are but we used our Phil and Teds so much when we arrived. The kids were tired at all sorts of times. Asking a grumpy kid to walk isn't much fun!

You can also get from a-b faster, keep them in one place or carry your bags in it when you are getting hot and bothered.

p.s if you are in Perth. kidsafe Wa hire car seats that from my experience have been in great condition.
Old Aug 10th 2009, 3:07 pm
Forum Regular

Satch_Boogie is a name known to allSatch_Boogie is a name known to allSatch_Boogie is a name known to allSatch_Boogie is a name known to allSatch_Boogie is a name known to allSatch_Boogie is a name known to allSatch_Boogie is a name known to allSatch_Boogie is a name known to allSatch_Boogie is a name known to allSatch_Boogie is a name known to allSatch_Boogie is a name known to all

We have taken our Mountain Buggy double on holiday numerous times. We bought a bag for it and put it in the bag at the gate and get it at baggage claim on the other end. It has always been fine and no scratches or anything on it.
Old Aug 10th 2009, 6:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

Tubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to all

We've just aquired a bag for our Phil and Ted's. It's good news that you can take them right up to the gate. We'll probably be flying at 10pm or something like that so the kids will be very tired. Good to hear other arguments for having it the other end. My OH kept telling me to ship it in the container! - I stood my ground for once on the pushchair issue (he just wants to burn it!)
Old Aug 10th 2009, 8:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

PoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Tubbs2Oz
We've just aquired a bag for our Phil and Ted's. It's good news that you can take them right up to the gate. We'll probably be flying at 10pm or something like that so the kids will be very tired. Good to hear other arguments for having it the other end. My OH kept telling me to ship it in the container! - I stood my ground for once on the pushchair issue (he just wants to burn it!)
The other option is to flog it on eBay and purchase in oz. Was worth doing when we came. Lost 10 squid on old one and bought new model for less. Result
Old Aug 10th 2009, 8:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

slipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by nmm
Can anyone please help?
Thank you.
Take your own with you. It will save you money, it will NOT cost you anything on luggage as it's an extra, you just take it through to the gate and they walk it into the hold for you, then bring it out at the half way point, you then use it, take it back to the gate, they walk it back into the hold and bring it out for you the other end.

DOne it a few times, never had a single problem always looked after as it's walked in and out of the plane and gives you far more carrying capacity. Why hire when you do not need to?
Old Aug 10th 2009, 9:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

Tubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to all

Originally Posted by PoppetUK
The other option is to flog it on eBay and purchase in oz. Was worth doing when we came. Lost 10 squid on old one and bought new model for less. Result
I should possibly look into that, as they're going for £200 on ebay at the moment. But I would then still be without at the airport.
Old Aug 10th 2009, 11:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

Iwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by slipshot
it will NOT cost you anything on luggage as it's an extra,
Just be careful with your airline rules though. Just booked a trip back to UK with Malaysian, checked their rules on baggage and it is INCLUDED in the 10kg allowance for my 16month old. My stroller weighs 7kg so we're not taking it!!!!! They've also reduced the hand baggage allowance from 7kg to 5kg for all economy class passengers!

Good job we planned to travel light! Most airports have complimentary strollers you can borrow for free these days.
Old Aug 11th 2009, 12:02 am
BE Enthusiast

Rosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to behold

There are plenty of baby equipment hire places around if you do go down that route in the end. Just google it.
Old Aug 11th 2009, 3:28 am
Simply happy in Sydney!

LittleKittyCat is a glorious beacon of lightLittleKittyCat is a glorious beacon of lightLittleKittyCat is a glorious beacon of lightLittleKittyCat is a glorious beacon of lightLittleKittyCat is a glorious beacon of lightLittleKittyCat is a glorious beacon of lightLittleKittyCat is a glorious beacon of lightLittleKittyCat is a glorious beacon of lightLittleKittyCat is a glorious beacon of lightLittleKittyCat is a glorious beacon of lightLittleKittyCat is a glorious beacon of light

Have a look at the mothercare website. I think I saw one on there. We have a Phil & Teds double and got the bag for that. I would recommend that if you do get a bag you practice putting the pushchair in and out of the bag a few times. My hubby couldn't get it to fit in the bag the first time we went. Was very stressful! Having the pushchair in the airport at the Aus end was great. We arrived early evening and the children were shattered. It was great to just strap them in and let them sleep, while we struggled with the four suitcases and eight pieces of hand luggage! Couldn't have managed had they been running round. Other option (depending on age of your children) would be a single pushchair and a baby/infant carrier.
Old Aug 11th 2009, 3:10 pm
Just Joined

Saint Hornet will become famous soon enoughSaint Hornet will become famous soon enough

Hi,

We took the Cossato Duet Lite for our validaton trip with young twins.

it is an umbrella type folding one so folds very small and no need for a bag.

Grab a used one off ebay

Ian