Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Advice on citizenship test.

Advice on citizenship test.

Old Mar 11th 2009, 10:30 am
Forum Regular

dobbin74 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Advice on citizenship test.

my wife and I are sitting the Australia citizenship test at the end of April.

Any advice from anyone would be great.

Read the booklet but still a bit nervous about the test.

Many thanks x
Old Mar 11th 2009, 10:37 am
BE Enthusiast

tartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Advice on citizenship test.

If you've read the booklet you'll be fine, My mate didn't even do that and she got 17/20 yesterday and even she admits that she's not the sharpest knife in the drawer.
Old Mar 11th 2009, 10:41 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by tartankoala
If you've read the booklet you'll be fine, My mate didn't even do that and she got 17/20 yesterday and even she admits that she's not the sharpest knife in the drawer.
I think she only just passed.

You need more than 16/20?

Thanks
Old Mar 11th 2009, 10:46 am
BE Enthusiast

charlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by dobbin74
my wife and I are sitting the Australia citizenship test at the end of April.

Any advice from anyone would be great.

Read the booklet but still a bit nervous about the test.

Many thanks x
Yes, there's a good 'cramming guide'
For some reason I can't cut and paste the link though

search: citizenship Test, post #49 by Comet555 march 6th 2009
Old Mar 11th 2009, 12:33 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dobbin74
I think she only just passed.

You need more than 16/20?

Thanks
Yup and you also need to get all the questions right in the Rules and requirements of being a citizen section right. Get even one wrong in that bit and you fail. Just relax, and remember to go back and check all the questions carefully once you've finished.
Old Mar 11th 2009, 1:01 pm
Canuck/Aussie

comet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of light

I thought you only needed to get 60% right, which is only 12 out of 20. Although you have to get the 3 questions on rights and responsibilities right. So, if you got those 3 right and about 9 others to make the 12 then you should still pass.

Honestly though, nothing to worry about. I was very nervous to do the test but it was really, really easy. A lot of the questions had multiple choice answers where common sense would let you figure out which was the right one. If you've already read the book I would put it away and take it out the day or two before the test. Just read it through again to be safe, you probably don't need to but I imagine you'd feel better.

Here's the thread that charlie-k mentioned:
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...tizenship+test

The cramming guide is on page 4.
Old Mar 11th 2009, 1:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

hoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond repute

Also, if you fail it, you can walk right back in again and sit it again - well, they let my wife do that [one of the mandatory pass one's wrong] and she passed it then.
Old Mar 11th 2009, 1:16 pm
Canuck/Aussie

comet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by hoofie2002
Also, if you fail it, you can walk right back in again and sit it again - well, they let my wife do that [one of the mandatory pass one's wrong] and she passed it then.
I asked them that question when I wrote it, they said no problem that I could take it again if needed while I was there. Also, they have a one page sheet that summarizes the rights and responsibilites so you can read through that again if needed.
Old Mar 11th 2009, 7:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

marco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypen20
and remember to go back and check all the questions carefully once you've finished.
It's not like you're going to run out of time. 45 mins is the max. time they allow - not sure what I was meant to do with the other 43 mins. Probably thought I was doing the BE Funtrivia Quiz.

Seriously though - there's plenty of time for you to go back and read the questions again and double check your answers.
Old Mar 11th 2009, 8:32 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks for all the advice you have all given me,fell a lot bettter now
Old Mar 12th 2009, 12:39 am

GSNR will become famous soon enoughGSNR will become famous soon enough

My hubby and I did our test yesterday and both passed, he got 100%, I got one wrong. We made sure we were well prepared for the test, and never just read through the book once, but a few times. The pass mark is 60% as Comet555 has said, but you then have those 3 madatory questions.

Good luck for your test at the end of April!
Old Mar 13th 2009, 7:32 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by GSNR
My hubby and I did our test yesterday and both passed, he got 100%, I got one wrong. We made sure we were well prepared for the test, and never just read through the book once, but a few times. The pass mark is 60% as Comet555 has said, but you then have those 3 madatory questions.

Good luck for your test at the end of April!
Well done to you both