Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Advice on child migration

Advice on child migration

Old Feb 21st 2005, 11:20 am
Just Joined

lianne is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Advice on child migration

We migrated to australia 8 years ago , we where there nine months when we had to return to the u.k due to my father suffering a major stroke.While we have been back i have had our third child and have been caring for my dad.We had almost given up hope of our dream to return to australia. While on a two month holiday to australia in December 04 we found out that we might be able to apply for a resident return visa which we did and got it for five years . But there is a problem our third child who was not on the original application can anybody advice us on how we go about getting a visa for her (8years old) as we are looking to return to australia later on this year.
Old Feb 21st 2005, 12:28 pm
Happy Daddy

markeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant future
Default Re: Advice on child migration

Originally Posted by lianne
We migrated to australia 8 years ago , we where there nine months when we had to return to the u.k due to my father suffering a major stroke.While we have been back i have had our third child and have been caring for my dad.We had almost given up hope of our dream to return to australia. While on a two month holiday to australia in December 04 we found out that we might be able to apply for a resident return visa which we did and got it for five years . But there is a problem our third child who was not on the original application can anybody advice us on how we go about getting a visa for her (8years old) as we are looking to return to australia later on this year.
Hiya Lianne,
I'm in a similar situation in that we have had a child after recieving our visa.

I had a look at the DIMMA web site & all I can make out is that you use the same forms as if you adopted the child, but fillin that she / he is your natural child.`It's expensive mind you

The forms get processed by your loocal Australian High Comission, so it should be quick
The child also needs a medical, but it's not clear if you do it before, get sent the forms or they send them out oce you apply

I hope this helps.

Bye
Mark
Old Feb 21st 2005, 7:24 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lianne

Look on the DIMIA site for the information about Child Migration.
http://www.immi.gov.au/migration/fam...dren/index.htm

Since 1 Nov 2003 there is no need for PRs to be 'usually resident' in Australia to sponsor for child visas.

Application is normally made at the AHC London if you're British - http://www.australia.org.uk

The simple way with medicals is to wait until asked to do them, unless desperate to get the visa processed immediately. Child visas do not normally take long anyway.

Jeremy
Old Feb 21st 2005, 7:59 pm
Just Joined

lianne is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks jeremy for the advice we will look into it.