Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

ADVICE ON AMAZON PLEASE

ADVICE ON AMAZON PLEASE

Old Nov 30th 2010, 2:49 am
Forum Regular

pink13 is a glorious beacon of lightpink13 is a glorious beacon of lightpink13 is a glorious beacon of lightpink13 is a glorious beacon of lightpink13 is a glorious beacon of lightpink13 is a glorious beacon of lightpink13 is a glorious beacon of lightpink13 is a glorious beacon of lightpink13 is a glorious beacon of lightpink13 is a glorious beacon of lightpink13 is a glorious beacon of light
Question ADVICE ON AMAZON PLEASE

Hi guys we tried to order a television on Amazon (hope it is ok to use that word )
Got really excited as it was a fantastic offer, fantastic reviews and a Christmas present for one of the kids
only to get to the checkout to be told that it cannot be shipped to our address.

We searched all the site and as far as we see there should be no reason whythey ship to Australia, we didn't use a P.O box etc,
we even put in our friends address just incase it was because we live in a complex at the moment, and they live in a real houseiebut no

Any one shine any light on the situation????

Cheers my dears
Old Nov 30th 2010, 2:59 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ADVICE ON AMAZON PLEASE

UK televisions don't work in Cairns

There are exclusions on goods that Amazon can export to certain countries. They can't sell you a TV...........

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/cust...Id=524836#baby
Old Nov 30th 2010, 3:00 am
BE Forum Addict

ozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond repute

Some market place sellers on Amazon don't ship to Australia. Probably because they don't want the hassle with the paperwork for export.

If you are dead set on importing that particular TV into Australia, google it and find a seller who will ship it.

Alternatively, buy a TV in Australia ...
Old Nov 30th 2010, 3:40 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond repute

or use someone like http://www.priceusa.com.au/
Old Nov 30th 2010, 3:44 am
Forum Regular

pink13 is a glorious beacon of lightpink13 is a glorious beacon of lightpink13 is a glorious beacon of lightpink13 is a glorious beacon of lightpink13 is a glorious beacon of lightpink13 is a glorious beacon of lightpink13 is a glorious beacon of lightpink13 is a glorious beacon of lightpink13 is a glorious beacon of lightpink13 is a glorious beacon of lightpink13 is a glorious beacon of light

cheers guys, just got excited because of the price, they do sell the same Tv's here but $300 more could have got bogof on amazon

not meant to be back to the drawing board,
Old Nov 30th 2010, 3:52 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pink13
Hi guys we tried to order a television on Amazon (hope it is ok to use that word )
Got really excited as it was a fantastic offer, fantastic reviews and a Christmas present for one of the kids
only to get to the checkout to be told that it cannot be shipped to our address.

We searched all the site and as far as we see there should be no reason whythey ship to Australia, we didn't use a P.O box etc,
we even put in our friends address just incase it was because we live in a complex at the moment, and they live in a real houseiebut no

Any one shine any light on the situation????

Cheers my dears
A lot of UK retailers will not ship large items like TVs to Australia - I guess it's too much hassle. I've found German retailers more open to shipping here. I've got a large Scalextric set, which weighs over 12kgs, on it's way from Germany. Shipping was reasonable and they took the 19% VAT off.

I've found shipping costs from Germany to be less than from the UK and US.
Old Nov 30th 2010, 4:48 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bix
UK televisions don't work in Cairns

There are exclusions on goods that Amazon can export to certain countries. They can't sell you a TV...........

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/cust...Id=524836#baby
Yep, they are fine on books cds dvds, most electrical and household stuff though they won't ship. I just use a UK address and get it sent on from there.
Old Dec 1st 2010, 11:26 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Yep, they are fine on books cds dvds, most electrical and household stuff though they won't ship. I just use a UK address and get it sent on from there.
so Pollyana, do you still think you save doing that?
The TV is only $279 i could get it delivered to my daughters and she could ship it on but its weather the shipping cost would be more than worth it
we have seen another one same size for $120 more so probably should just forget about amazon and stick to Australian shops
Old Dec 1st 2010, 11:58 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pink13
so Pollyana, do you still think you save doing that?
The TV is only $279 i could get it delivered to my daughters and she could ship it on but its weather the shipping cost would be more than worth it
we have seen another one same size for $120 more so probably should just forget about amazon and stick to Australian shops
I don't do it often from Amazon, unless I'm going over and can pick the stuff up, but its usually things I just can't find here - or not easily anyway. Wouldn't do it with something big like a TV though, not unless I was plannign to ship a lot of stuff with it.
Used to do it a lot with clothes, but Evans will now post direct to Aus so thats one solved
Old Dec 1st 2010, 8:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

Petals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond repute

I only buy what I cannot get here and use Amazon a lot. As for TV's they are throwing them out at the minute, we picked up a 42" lcd with another 22" thrown in the other day.

If you want stuff sent from businesses that do not send to Aus you can use one of the global mail box companies. They just use their address and send the stuff out.
Old Dec 1st 2010, 8:58 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Petals
I only buy what I cannot get here and use Amazon a lot. As for TV's they are throwing them out at the minute, we picked up a 42" lcd with another 22" thrown in the other day.

If you want stuff sent from businesses that do not send to Aus you can use one of the global mail box companies. They just use their address and send the stuff out.
Yes, TVs are one of the things things that are priced well in Australia. I was looking at a 55' Samsung recently that is $1000 cheaper here. On the other hand, the Sony I was looking at is more expensive.
Old Dec 2nd 2010, 2:00 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu
Yes, TVs are one of the things things that are priced well in Australia. I was looking at a 55' Samsung recently that is $1000 cheaper here. On the other hand, the Sony I was looking at is more expensive.

Yes, TVs are reasonable here, unlike Xbox 360s, which are nearly half the price in Argos. I'll be picking one up on my trip back at Christmas

S
Old Dec 2nd 2010, 2:13 am
Proudly Deplorable

Originally Posted by Swerv-o
Yes, TVs are reasonable here, unlike Xbox 360s, which are nearly half the price in Argos. I'll be picking one up on my trip back at Christmas

S
Xbox 360 Elite 250Gb

Australia $389:
http://www.mwave.com.au/sku-21010413...e_Kinect_Ready
would get a price match in JB

UK:
GBP199 (AUD320) online
Argos:
GBP199 (AUD320) instore

Cheaper in the Uk but not half the price.
Old Dec 2nd 2010, 2:32 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu
Xbox 360 Elite 250Gb

Australia $389:
http://www.mwave.com.au/sku-21010413...e_Kinect_Ready
would get a price match in JB

UK:
GBP199 (AUD320) online
Argos:
GBP199 (AUD320) instore

Cheaper in the Uk but not half the price.

Ah, yes, looking more closely, it's the 4GB version that's £150, not the 250. and a good spot on MWave - I have only seen them for $449 here.

S
Old Dec 2nd 2010, 3:36 am
Proudly Deplorable

Originally Posted by Swerv-o
Ah, yes, looking more closely, it's the 4GB version that's £150, not the 250. and a good spot on MWave - I have only seen them for $449 here.

S
You could get the VAT off of the UK XBox, so that would make it cheaper. My recent research has shown that electrical stuff is, overall, virtually the same as the UK pricewise.

I've noticed that the strong AUD is starting to have an affect on prices here. An Asus netbook in Myer, cheaper than anywhere else in Australia or the UK. Corona - bought last week for under $40 a carton, when it is normally just under $50. Etc.