Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Advice about running own business in Oz

Advice about running own business in Oz

Old Jan 19th 2010, 12:57 pm
Forum Regular

Froppence is just really niceFroppence is just really niceFroppence is just really niceFroppence is just really niceFroppence is just really niceFroppence is just really niceFroppence is just really niceFroppence is just really nice
Smile Advice about running own business in Oz

Hello

Does anyone know about running your own business in Australia please?

My husband runs his own website business and does SEO work (Search Engine Optimisation) and I run my own Canvas Printing business here in the UK.
We would love to start a new life in Queensland and was wondering about taking our business' with us. Does anyone know where to start with all this please?
Old Jan 19th 2010, 8:27 pm
Decreased member

Carbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Advice about running own business in Oz

Originally Posted by Froppence
Hello

My husband runs his own website business and does SEO work (Search Engine Optimisation) and I run my own Canvas Printing business here in the UK.
We would love to start a new life in Queensland and was wondering about taking our business' with us. Does anyone know where to start with all this please?

Do you have a visa? If so is it a business owner visa - Do you know the employment criteria? Business migration is not the easiest but can be done.
Old Jan 19th 2010, 8:29 pm
Forum Regular

Froppence is just really niceFroppence is just really niceFroppence is just really niceFroppence is just really niceFroppence is just really niceFroppence is just really niceFroppence is just really niceFroppence is just really nice

Originally Posted by Carbery
Do you have a visa? If so is it a business owner visa - Do you know the employment criteria? Business migration is not the easiest but can be done.
No visas yet, we are at the very first step. We are looking for a good agent to talk to about getting started!
Old Jan 19th 2010, 8:30 pm
Decreased member

Carbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond repute

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...business+owner

Trawl through this - loads of info on the ups & downs of business owner migration
Old Jan 19th 2010, 8:31 pm
Forum Regular

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...business+owner

Trawl through this - loads of info on the ups & downs of business owner migration
Thank you very much!! x
Old Jan 19th 2010, 8:33 pm
Decreased member

We are looking for a good agent to talk to about getting started!
We used Go Matilda - good unemotional advice for Business visas.
Old Jan 19th 2010, 8:56 pm
Forum Regular

We used Go Matilda - good unemotional advice for Business visas.
OK, thanks for that, great help!! x
Old Jan 19th 2010, 9:48 pm
ABCDiamond

Hello

I can't help with the visa side of things, but as far as running a business is concerned, it isn't that difficult. I have done that in both countries, started and run a few. I loath Red Tape, and at times that can be a problem, but it can depend on your business.

The ones you have mentioned should be no real problem.

Your husband just charges for his labour, so quite a simple system. He may need GST registration, in fact it would be worth it even he didn't reach the threshold.

Neither of you need licences, so, very little red tape involved.

What part of QLD are you heading for ?