Advice about Ballarat or Warragul, Melbourne

Wikiposts

Advice about Ballarat or Warragul, Melbourne

Old Apr 2nd 2005, 6:33 am
Just Joined

tunnyx is on a distinguished road
Default Advice about Ballarat or Warragul, Melbourne

Hi everyone

I am researching locations. Can anyone give me any information about Ballarat (a fairly large area i believe) and Warragul, in Melbourne. Any info would be great, such as:

Are there decent schools for kids under 12?
Whats the business scene like?
Are there and 'bad' areas to watch out for?

Thanks in advance
Old Apr 2nd 2005, 11:08 am
Forum Regular

helenmaine is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Advice about Ballarat or Warragul, Melbourne

Originally Posted by tunnyx
Hi everyone

I am researching locations. Can anyone give me any information about Ballarat (a fairly large area i believe) and Warragul, in Melbourne. Any info would be great, such as:

Are there decent schools for kids under 12?
Whats the business scene like?
Are there and 'bad' areas to watch out for?

Thanks in advance
Ballarat and Warragul are not in Melbourne, they are country towns about 2 hours and 1.5 hours drive respectively (non rush hour) from the centre of the city. Not sure about good and bad areas though. Hope this helps.
Old Apr 2nd 2005, 11:37 am
wombat42

Ballarat is a regional city with a popualtion of 87,000, it is one of the fastest growing regional centers with a strong economy, while many other country areas are in a slump. Because it is close to Melbourne many people take advantage of its cheap houses to live there and travel to Melbourne each day to work. It gets cold in winter and has a mild summer.
There are no bad areas or areas to advoid in Ballarat, it is too small. Most regional cities in OZ don't have what you call bad areas, well perhaps a couple in NSW and QLD, its the capital cities with 1 million plus populations,
that tend to have bad suburbs.

Last edited by wombat42; Apr 2nd 2005 at 11:41 am.

Old Apr 2nd 2005, 11:40 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Warragul is a nice looking town and reminded me of Freo without the ocean It also has a great school there called St Pauls that kids travel from here (about 45mins) to. Bit far out for me though, bjut seems to have al amenities