Reload this Page >

Traffic infringements

Traffic infringements

Old Apr 2nd 2005, 10:21 pm
Forum Regular

happylad will become famous soon enoughhappylad will become famous soon enough
Question Traffic infringements

Hi all,

I managed to pick up a traffic fine for running a light in Brissie last year. When I (eventually) got around to paying the fine, they returned it saying the fine had been waived. Great... $140 better off But, do I need to declare this on any forms regarding emigrating (still have all paperwork).

Thanks

Dan
Old Apr 2nd 2005, 11:45 pm
Dismembered Bat

ProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to all
Default Re: Traffic infringements

Originally Posted by happylad
Hi all,

I managed to pick up a traffic fine for running a light in Brissie last year. When I (eventually) got around to paying the fine, they returned it saying the fine had been waived. Great... $140 better off But, do I need to declare this on any forms regarding emigrating (still have all paperwork).

Thanks

Dan
Absolutely not! If the fine was 'waived', it won't be recorded against you! Just make sure you hang on to that letter saying it was waived.

Did they say why it was waived? What length of time elapsed from the issue of the fine to the time you took to pay it? Were you driving on a Brit licence or an Aussie one at the time? Would love to know more about the circumstances as I'm developing quite a knowledge of how these things work and am already aware of a number of ways to 'extricate' oneself from these fines!!

In any event, good luck with your visa application.

Old Apr 2nd 2005, 11:57 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ProofReader
Absolutely not! If the fine was 'waived', it won't be recorded against you! Just make sure you hang on to that letter saying it was waived.

Did they say why it was waived? What length of time elapsed from the issue of the fine to the time you took to pay it? Were you driving on a Brit licence or an Aussie one at the time? Would love to know more about the circumstances as I'm developing quite a knowledge of how these things work and am already aware of a number of ways to 'extricate' oneself from these fines!!

In any event, good luck with your visa application.

Hey,

yup, definately said it was waived, and i'm holding onto it for for life as I know it could be crucial! Queensland RTA seemed to be happy that it was all resolved. i just wondering, would it been a no no, or a go go to present it on application?
Old Apr 3rd 2005, 12:13 am
Dismembered Bat

ProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to all

Originally Posted by happylad
Hey,

yup, definately said it was waived, and i'm holding onto it for for life as I know it could be crucial! Queensland RTA seemed to be happy that it was all resolved. i just wondering, would it been a no no, or a go go to present it on application?

A definite no-no!

Old Apr 3rd 2005, 12:15 am
Forum Regular

Smile Re: Traffic infringements

Originally Posted by ProofReader

A definite no-no!

Thankyou,

Much appreciated mate.

Dan