Wikiposts

Advice

Old Feb 19th 2005, 9:16 pm
Forum Regular

Jennie will become famous soon enough
Default Advice

Hi I have only written on here a few times. We have sent our Application off to DIMIA via our agent and have applied for 136 Skilled Independent via and have to pay bond money if accepted. To do this we are putting our house on the market this week and will rent hopefully if we sell. I would like to know how long at the moment it has taken for people to receive their Visa's for Skilled Independent. My husband is a Painter and Decorator and our we applied for the 136 Visa and also the agent put us down for 134 Skills matching which not sure about as would rather go where we want to go.

If anyone can shed some light on this would appreciate it.

Thanks

Jennie
Old Feb 19th 2005, 9:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of
Default Re: Advice

Hi,

We also came out on 136 skilled Independant visa, hubby a painter and decorator. our visa took approx 9 months form application. I think they are a bit quicker now as meds and police checks are all front loaded.
Old Feb 19th 2005, 10:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute

hi Jennie,

we also came out on a 136 skilled Ind visa ( Hub a refrigeration and air-con engineer ) and our app took 4 months start to finish.

Our app was granted a year ago, next month tho', and it sounds like things may have changed a lot since then.

have a look on the website:

www.immi.gov.au

There used to be a 'standard' processing time guideline on there somewhere....

Good luck and best wishes,
Old Feb 19th 2005, 10:10 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jennie
Hi I have only written on here a few times. We have sent our Application off to DIMIA via our agent and have applied for 136 Skilled Independent via and have to pay bond money if accepted. To do this we are putting our house on the market this week and will rent hopefully if we sell. I would like to know how long at the moment it has taken for people to receive their Visa's for Skilled Independent. My husband is a Painter and Decorator and our we applied for the 136 Visa and also the agent put us down for 134 Skills matching which not sure about as would rather go where we want to go.

If anyone can shed some light on this would appreciate it.

Thanks

Jennie
Try http://www.austimeline.com

There's nothing to lose by filling out the Skill Matching section on form 47SK when you are applying for 136 and many agents advise this.

Jeremy
Old Feb 20th 2005, 10:34 pm
Forum Regular

Jennie will become famous soon enough

Thanks for your replies, and hope you are having a good life in oz and hope to be the next year

Jenn