Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Advanced Allergy Elimination - Do you know of this organisation?

Wikiposts

Advanced Allergy Elimination - Do you know of this organisation?

Old May 12th 2005, 8:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ian12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Advanced Allergy Elimination - Do you know of this organisation?

I have made an appointment at this Sydney and Melbourne based clinic. They deal with allergies (no suprise there) This is their web site http://www.aaeclinics.com.au/flash/ As I will be paying out quite of bit of money I was wondering if anyone has heard of them or tried them? They were featured on Sydney TV on a news spot a couple of weeks ago and it all looked good stuff but being a natural skeptic I wonder if they are snake oil merchants.
Old May 13th 2005, 11:28 am
Forum Regular

Chalkfarm will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Advanced Allergy Elimination - Do you know of this organisation?

Originally Posted by Ian12
I have made an appointment at this Sydney and Melbourne based clinic. They deal with allergies (no suprise there) This is their web site http://www.aaeclinics.com.au/flash/ As I will be paying out quite of bit of money I was wondering if anyone has heard of them or tried them? They were featured on Sydney TV on a news spot a couple of weeks ago and it all looked good stuff but being a natural skeptic I wonder if they are snake oil merchants.
HI Ian,Just took a look at the web site ,I am very interested as our youngest has many food allergies,and we know what living with an allergy can be like.What allergy have you got if you dont mind me asking?
We had an excellent allergy doctor in the uk and he did tell us that there was a new trial to reduce peanut allergy(one of our sons allergies).But it was in the early stages in the US and would be a course of injections.We also visited a homeopath who said he could reduce the allergic reaction,not sure how!We have always avoided the allergens but sometimes it is very hard and now he is eating at kindy its always on your mind that he might come into contact with something he should not.!!!!!!!!!!!!
Well Good luck with your visit and please let me know how it all went,Claire
Old May 14th 2005, 10:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ian12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Chalkfarm
HI Ian,Just took a look at the web site ,I am very interested as our youngest has many food allergies,and we know what living with an allergy can be like.What allergy have you got if you dont mind me asking?
We had an excellent allergy doctor in the uk and he did tell us that there was a new trial to reduce peanut allergy(one of our sons allergies).But it was in the early stages in the US and would be a course of injections.We also visited a homeopath who said he could reduce the allergic reaction,not sure how!We have always avoided the allergens but sometimes it is very hard and now he is eating at kindy its always on your mind that he might come into contact with something he should not.!!!!!!!!!!!!
Well Good luck with your visit and please let me know how it all went,Claire

About three years ago in the UK I have a set of allergy tests at the ENT hospital in London. I was tested for about 8 different allergens - grass pollen, house dust etc. I was allergic to the lot So if any one reads this and has any experience of the organisdation do let me know. Thanks
Old May 14th 2005, 11:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

About three years ago in the UK I have a set of allergy tests at the ENT hospital in London. I was tested for about 8 different allergens - grass pollen, house dust etc. I was allergic to the lot So if any one reads this and has any experience of the organisdation do let me know. Thanks
Ian
We went to a place like this last year ( I am sure that it was this one). They tested for allergies by getting you to hold a phial of the thing that they thought you were allergic to. I took my daughter for testing to the Brisbane centre. The person doing the testing was very impatient as my daughter was a bit scared (she is seven). She became very distressed because of the attitude of the person doing the testing who was extremely child UNfriendly.

I felt really ripped off at the end of the day as it was so weird. They say they can rid you of the allergy massaging. I would say that this is the biggest waste of money that I ever made. Send me a PM if you want anymore info.
Old May 15th 2005, 12:02 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by debsy
Ian
We went to a place like this last year ( I am sure that it was this one). They tested for allergies by getting you to hold a phial of the thing that they thought you were allergic to. I took my daughter for testing to the Brisbane centre. The person doing the testing was very impatient as my daughter was a bit scared (she is seven). She became very distressed because of the attitude of the person doing the testing who was extremely child UNfriendly.

I felt really ripped off at the end of the day as it was so weird. They say they can rid you of the allergy massaging. I would say that this is the biggest waste of money that I ever made. Send me a PM if you want anymore info.
Sounds like snake oil to me, and I would do almost anything to get rid of my allergies, except for trusting quacks like this.
Most allergies are caused by problems in the immune system. You may grow out of them or into them as your immune system is altered by various external factors throughout life. Ih the mentime the best you can do is know what you are allergic to and either avoid it, or have antihistamine tablets handy and take them when you are under threat - eg if you are allergic to house dust take them for a couple of days before starting to move house!!

There is a rather revealing statement on that website, which says they may not be able to isolate the cause of the allergy, and another bit that says treating it may alter your immune system - (ie trigger off a new allergy!)

hmmmm sounds like a catch-all get-out clause to me!

If anyone has first-hand tales of this place working, please tell us, but I'm the number one sceptic at present.
Old May 15th 2005, 12:08 am
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Sounds like snake oil to me, and I would do almost anything to get rid of my allergies, except for trusting quacks like this.
Most allergies are caused by problems in the immune system. You may grow out of them or into them as your immune system is altered by various external factors throughout life. Ih the mentime the best you can do is know what you are allergic to and either avoid it, or have antihistamine tablets handy and take them when you are under threat - eg if you are allergic to house dust take them for a couple of days before starting to move house!!

There is a rather revealing statement on that website, which says they may not be able to isolate the cause of the allergy, and another bit that says treating it may alter your immune system - (ie trigger off a new allergy!)

hmmmm sounds like a catch-all get-out clause to me!

If anyone has first-hand tales of this place working, please tell us, but I'm the number one sceptic at present.
Poll, I agree with you
I have just found the report that they gave us and it was the Advance Allergy Elimination Clinic that did the testing.

If you are taking one of your kids I hope that the person doing the testing is not as nasty as the one that tested my child.
Old May 15th 2005, 12:22 am

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point

I'd just say be careful as a good friend of mine went to one of these sorts of places and was told she couldnt eat loads of different foods, she cut them all out and just made herself skinny and unhealthy looking!
Old May 15th 2005, 1:59 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by debsy
Poll, I agree with you
I have just found the report that they gave us and it was the Advance Allergy Elimination Clinic that did the testing.

If you are taking one of your kids I hope that the person doing the testing is not as nasty as the one that tested my child.

Hi Debsy

Thanks very much for your confirmation and to the other who have replied. Great that you kept the report and confirme that it was the same clinic. OK well I think I am going to be at least several hunder dollars IN POCKET. It may not stop me sneezing but at least I can buy a few boxes of Clarytin!

ANy more reports on this place?
Old May 16th 2005, 10:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi Debsy

Thanks very much for your confirmation and to the other who have replied. Great that you kept the report and confirme that it was the same clinic. OK well I think I am going to be at least several hunder dollars IN POCKET. It may not stop me sneezing but at least I can buy a few boxes of Clarytin!

ANy more reports on this place?
I am knocking this up to the top again as I would really like to know whether or not anyone else has been in touch with this organisation