Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Admin work - Hourly rate????

Admin work - Hourly rate????

Old Feb 15th 2007, 1:28 am
BE Enthusiast

Nikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond repute
Default Admin work - Hourly rate????

Hi

Me again, such a mad week!!! Quick question - Is $20 an hour about the going rate for admin?

Just been offered some work, will expand in my usual epic manner later, but flying out the door now and I am hoping when I get back I will have this question answered!!!

Thanks guys

Nikki
Old Feb 15th 2007, 2:06 am
BE Enthusiast

sparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Admin work - Hourly rate????

Yep that's about right. $19-23 p/h I'd say in Brisbane. Might be more in Sydney/Melbourne though.
Old Feb 15th 2007, 2:10 am
C&R
Always the last to leave.

C&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sparkley23
Yep that's about right. $19-23 p/h I'd say in Brisbane. Might be more in Sydney/Melbourne though.
In '99 when I temped in Melbourne I think I was on around $16 - 18 per hour, so yep, your quote seems to be ok!! Good luck!
Old Feb 15th 2007, 10:06 am
Forum Regular

JAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nikki
Hi

Me again, such a mad week!!! Quick question - Is $20 an hour about the going rate for admin?

Just been offered some work, will expand in my usual epic manner later, but flying out the door now and I am hoping when I get back I will have this question answered!!!

Thanks guys

Nikki

Sounds about right to me
Julia
Old Feb 15th 2007, 10:21 am
Account Closed

Nomore is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Nikki
Hi

Thanks guys

Nikki
Thats not bad considering the crap wages here.
Old Feb 15th 2007, 9:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

Nikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the replies guys!

I have been volunteering in a school which is run independently from the local high shools, but services local kids with behavior or learning issues. Anyway the volunteering (after 1 day!), led to the offer of a 2 day paid position.

Went in yesterday and met the people who run the admin, budget side of the centre who asked if I would like to take on some admin work, a few hours a week for $20!

I thought it might not be the best going rate, but it is 2 mins from my house, I get the school holidays and can go in to fit in with me, so that in itself is a bonus to the money!!

Thanks again

Nikki
Old Feb 16th 2007, 9:34 am
BE Enthusiast

Teabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to all

$20 is the average, most advertiser's say $18 - $25 but you usually end up with the $18

so go for it!
Old Feb 16th 2007, 9:38 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Teabag
$20 is the average, most advertiser's say $18 - $25 but you usually end up with the $18

so go for it!
Thanks Teabag, have taken it and hope it leads to some more hours as the paid employment is only for 2 and a bit days. Still it is better than nothing and it gets me out of the house.

After 15 years with a company and spending the last 6 hating every minute, I am pleased to be doing something I enjoy, even if it won't make me a millionaire!!! LOL
Old Feb 16th 2007, 11:18 am
Forum Regular

scallyuk is just really nicescallyuk is just really nicescallyuk is just really nicescallyuk is just really nicescallyuk is just really nicescallyuk is just really nicescallyuk is just really nicescallyuk is just really nicescallyuk is just really nicescallyuk is just really nice

Employers are legally allowed to pay as little as 14.50(ish) per hour to new starters under the Clerical Award. And I know at least one that does
Check www.wageline.qld.gov.au for details of awards relevant to your industry.