Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Adelaide...what's it like living there?

Adelaide...what's it like living there?

Old Jan 9th 2008, 4:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

kjc79 has a brilliant futurekjc79 has a brilliant futurekjc79 has a brilliant futurekjc79 has a brilliant futurekjc79 has a brilliant futurekjc79 has a brilliant future
Smile Re: Adelaide...what's it like living there?

Originally Posted by why
i have a "visitor from UK she's awful all she does is critise everything. she keeps saying how old fashioned adelaide is. she is in the fashion retail industry and she thinks it's 4 years behind...i said people in adelaide don't really care much and that shopping and clothes don't really matter to me....she just wants to dislike everything"

she came into our house..... our home and makes me feel crap....with her rotten negativity.......so glad she's going on 22
probably making herself feel better by putting 'anyone else i can down'. if you wanted to in the middle of materialistic fashion world you would've picked milan or paris. people who question like that and being so negative to someone elses life, bugs. i know a couple of people like that any ideas the OH of thiers has regarding opening new buisnesses-'won't work' no reasoning just its a 'stupid idea' etc , just sod 'em she goes soon

kx
Old Jan 10th 2008, 1:39 am
Jan4kids

Jan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Adelaide...what's it like living there?

Originally Posted by why
i have a "visitor from UK she's awful all she does is critise everything. she keeps saying how old fashioned adelaide is. she is in the fashion retail industry and she thinks it's 4 years behind...i said people in adelaide don't really care much and that shopping and clothes don't really matter to me....she just wants to dislike everything"

she came into our house..... our home and makes me feel crap....with her rotten negativity.......so glad she's going on 22
Poor you! I think your friend is right though.........

but that's one of the attractions of Adelaide for me. I have never given a stuff about fashion or trends. It's not about what you've got but who you are as a person.....

But she shouldn't moan and go on so much ...especially soon as she's your house guest.

Put her on a plane to Sydney!!!! the 22nd is too faraway

Jan
Old Jan 10th 2008, 5:48 am
Forum Regular

ellie10990 is a name known to allellie10990 is a name known to allellie10990 is a name known to allellie10990 is a name known to allellie10990 is a name known to allellie10990 is a name known to allellie10990 is a name known to allellie10990 is a name known to allellie10990 is a name known to allellie10990 is a name known to allellie10990 is a name known to all

[QUOTE=Stitch;5755089]Hi,

We are seriously considering it. I just don't think that Brisbane is what we want. Yes the weather is fab but the house prices are way out of our league and rising faster than anything. In Adelaide we could afford something half decent doing the same jobs. I think, from what I've read Adelaide offers us the lifestyle that suits us. There was a job advertised but I only saw it on Sunday and it closed yesterday. Not enough time to put an application together. I am going to write to them and just mention that I'm on the look out. Also looking to see what there is for hubby.

What about you guys...How's it all going?
hi there
we could do a swap.Im in Adelaide and want to be in Brisbane!!working at flinders too

I find winters too cold for me here(I have a circulatory disorder)

Also my hubbie leaves the house at 7.15am and returns at 7.15pm so these problems can be everywhere

good luck
Old Jan 10th 2008, 7:50 am
BE Enthusiast

tillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to behold

Havent seen much sun up here since we arrived 6 weeks ago 15 yr old daughter wants to go to S/A for the colder winters
Old Jan 10th 2008, 9:17 am
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=ellie10990;5766812]
Originally Posted by Stitch
Hi,

We are seriously considering it. I just don't think that Brisbane is what we want. Yes the weather is fab but the house prices are way out of our league and rising faster than anything. In Adelaide we could afford something half decent doing the same jobs. I think, from what I've read Adelaide offers us the lifestyle that suits us. There was a job advertised but I only saw it on Sunday and it closed yesterday. Not enough time to put an application together. I am going to write to them and just mention that I'm on the look out. Also looking to see what there is for hubby.

What about you guys...How's it all going?
hi there
we could do a swap.Im in Adelaide and want to be in Brisbane!!working at flinders too

I find winters too cold for me here(I have a circulatory disorder)

Also my hubbie leaves the house at 7.15am and returns at 7.15pm so these problems can be everywhere

good luck

Swap!

Cheers

Ginny
Old Jan 10th 2008, 4:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

mOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud of

wow - can i come NOW

cheers guys for making our decision seem like to be a good one!
it's still a bit 'gulp' thinking of going there without having been before.

but hey, we are up for a challenge.
and people in adelaide sure seem to be very friendly!!!
even the old poms

love'ya all really
Old Jan 10th 2008, 6:58 pm
Loving it in SA

Katsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mOZzy
wow - can i come NOW

even the old poms

love'ya all really
we have never been before either, i have a friend who has lived there for 12 years now and he loves it.

the ppl on here have reassured us that its the right place for us.........but tbh it alreddy ticked all of our boxes anyhows.
Old Jan 10th 2008, 8:45 pm
In New Yorshire

tyke has much to be proud oftyke has much to be proud oftyke has much to be proud oftyke has much to be proud oftyke has much to be proud oftyke has much to be proud oftyke has much to be proud oftyke has much to be proud oftyke has much to be proud oftyke has much to be proud oftyke has much to be proud of

wow - can i come NOW

even the old poms

love'ya all really
We are very friendly but slightly mad Mozzy.

Beer on ice for you
Old Jan 10th 2008, 9:23 pm
A Returning Member!!

Sham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to behold

even the old poms
Dont be fooled alot of people are very friendly, nice and genuine, BUT there are some (especially Expats) that are not quite what they seem!!
Old Jan 10th 2008, 9:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

Glasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sham Williams
Dont be fooled alot of people are very friendly, nice and genuine, BUT there are some (especially Expats) that are not quite what they seem!!
Can you leave those kind of comments for Adelaide Brits
Old Jan 10th 2008, 9:44 pm
In New Yorshire

tyke has much to be proud oftyke has much to be proud oftyke has much to be proud oftyke has much to be proud oftyke has much to be proud oftyke has much to be proud oftyke has much to be proud oftyke has much to be proud oftyke has much to be proud oftyke has much to be proud oftyke has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Glasgowlass
Can you leave those kind of comments for Adelaide Brits

Seen this comment before - love to know who is being referred to.
Old Jan 10th 2008, 9:45 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tyke

Me too.
Old Jan 10th 2008, 9:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

Glasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tyke

Yeah I've seen it before too..actually seen a whole thread with the same content on the other site.
Old Jan 10th 2008, 11:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

purple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud of

Perhaps people who post on here don't go on Sadbrits sorry adbrits
jacqui
Old Jan 10th 2008, 11:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by s/nurse
Perhaps people who post on here don't go on Sadbrits sorry adbrits
jacqui
The first time I went on for a look I saw "that thread" and it put me right off! It's so much nicer on here.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.