Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Adelaide train service

Adelaide train service

Old Jun 19th 2008, 12:36 am
Banned

the big nowhere is an unknown quantity at this point
Red face Adelaide train service

hi...has anybody got experience of the train service that comes into the city from the hallet cove/marino area during commuting hours....cost seems great,just wondering about how busy it is......do you get a seat and is it reliable..........many thanks
Old Jun 19th 2008, 1:08 am
BE Enthusiast

lonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Adelaide train service

I used it when we first got here back in August.

If you'll be working in the city, it's fine. However, if you don't work in the city or walking distance from the station, don't expect train departures/arrivals to link up with buses.

The morning services are usually quite busy, particularly for the fast trains but from Hallett Cove there aren't many stops. It's definitely not as rammed as the tube is during rush hour.

Cheers

Steve
Old Jun 19th 2008, 2:21 am
Banned

the big nowhere is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by lonndongeek
I used it when we first got here back in August.

If you'll be working in the city, it's fine. However, if you don't work in the city or walking distance from the station, don't expect train departures/arrivals to link up with buses.

The morning services are usually quite busy, particularly for the fast trains but from Hallett Cove there aren't many stops. It's definitely not as rammed as the tube is during rush hour.

Cheers

Steve
cheers thanks for that...yes if i take up job offer i will be in flinders street...but we wanted to be near beach / sea so needed to commute...but didn't fancy driving in everyday if there was an acceptable alternative........
Old Jun 19th 2008, 6:37 am
BE Enthusiast

bluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to all

Ring Adelaide metro they will answer any queries for you, its quite a reliable service, and the multi ticket is a bargain!

Bluekipper
Old Jun 19th 2008, 6:50 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by the big nowhere
cheers thanks for that...yes if i take up job offer i will be in flinders street...but we wanted to be near beach / sea so needed to commute...but didn't fancy driving in everyday if there was an acceptable alternative........

I think the trains are pretty good here, some can be a bit run down, but over all they are fine. Multi trip tickets are the best, they are about $25 for 10 trips and each trip is valid for 2 hours - which means you can get on one bus/train/tram or 20 within that 2 hours for just the one trip.

Times tables, ticket prices etc are all on www.adelaidemetro.com.au