Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Adelaide suburbs

Adelaide suburbs

Old Jul 3rd 2008, 5:38 pm
Forum Regular

skoots76 has a brilliant futureskoots76 has a brilliant futureskoots76 has a brilliant futureskoots76 has a brilliant futureskoots76 has a brilliant futureskoots76 has a brilliant future
Default Adelaide suburbs

Hiya,
We are in the process of completing our visa application & hope to move to Adelaide.
We havn't got concrete jobs organised just yet but wondered if anyone could give us ideas on which suburbs are nice to live in.
I know this is a broad question but gives us an idea of what area to avoid. I'm a senior sister at a hospital & my hubbie is an engineer.
Thanks.
Lou & Ian
Old Jul 3rd 2008, 9:30 pm
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Adelaide suburbs

Originally Posted by skoots76
Hiya,
We are in the process of completing our visa application & hope to move to Adelaide.
We havn't got concrete jobs organised just yet but wondered if anyone could give us ideas on which suburbs are nice to live in.
I know this is a broad question but gives us an idea of what area to avoid. I'm a senior sister at a hospital & my hubbie is an engineer.
Thanks.
Lou & Ian
This is a good place to start
http://www.domain.com.au/public/apm/....aspx?mode=buy
.......mm
Old Jul 4th 2008, 1:58 am
Forum Regular

Nikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by skoots76
Hiya,
Thanks.
Lou & Ian
Can't speak for everywhere, but we love the hills, Mount Barker, Strathalbyn, Nairne, Littlehampton, Hahndorf are all nice. Depends what your are looking for to be honest, not that I have any kids but I am told that the primary schools in Nairne and Littlehampton are very good,

Nikki
Old Jul 4th 2008, 10:29 am
Ping pong PoM

alipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond repute

Like you, we're struggling with where to start looking for the 'right' place to live in Adelaide. Visiting on a Rekkie is one thing, actually living somewhere is quite another. The other thing is what's right for one person is not always right for everyone.

We'd love to be close to the Coast, and Seaford is lovely, but it's a fair distance from where OH will probably find work, so the Hills are looking more and more attractive from a commute point of view.Like Nikki, we don't have any children either (son is 16 now, and is hoping to do an apprenticeship).

Before taking the plunge and buying somewhere, we're going to rent for a year or so and really get to know the city and surrounding areas, so we don't make the expensive mistake of buying an area that isn't right for us.
Old Jul 4th 2008, 10:33 am
BE Enthusiast

Reading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to all

Hello, as per previous replies the Hills are lovely. We lived in Stirling for 5 years and I would go back in a shot. All the hills towns Crafers, Aldgate, Bridgewater, Mt Barker, Nairne etc are really great communities to live in.We loved the community feeling yet very accessable to the CBD and beaches.Good luck.
Old Jul 4th 2008, 11:10 am
Forum Regular

skoots76 has a brilliant futureskoots76 has a brilliant futureskoots76 has a brilliant futureskoots76 has a brilliant futureskoots76 has a brilliant futureskoots76 has a brilliant future

Thanks for the replys,

Was aware the Hills were very nice, will start looking at the suburbs you sugested. Do you have an idea of how long it takes to get to CBD from say an average distance of Mt barker, Littlehampton, and so on. And also the beach.

regards Lou
Old Jul 4th 2008, 11:15 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by alipally
Like you, we're struggling with where to start looking for the 'right' place to live in Adelaide. Visiting on a Rekkie is one thing, actually living somewhere is quite another. The other thing is what's right for one person is not always right for everyone.

We'd love to be close to the Coast, and Seaford is lovely, but it's a fair distance from where OH will probably find work, so the Hills are looking more and more attractive from a commute point of view.Like Nikki, we don't have any children either (son is 16 now, and is hoping to do an apprenticeship).

Before taking the plunge and buying somewhere, we're going to rent for a year or so and really get to know the city and surrounding areas, so we don't make the expensive mistake of buying an area that isn't right for us.
We will be doing the same, renting our house over in England as a bolthole if things dont work out. and renting for a fair bit untill we know were we would like to settle.
After which sell up and make the final comitment (hopfully timing the markets well)