Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Adelaide suburb advice

Adelaide suburb advice

Old Dec 16th 2021, 2:34 pm
Forum Regular

john_hepburn is a splendid one to beholdjohn_hepburn is a splendid one to beholdjohn_hepburn is a splendid one to beholdjohn_hepburn is a splendid one to beholdjohn_hepburn is a splendid one to beholdjohn_hepburn is a splendid one to beholdjohn_hepburn is a splendid one to beholdjohn_hepburn is a splendid one to beholdjohn_hepburn is a splendid one to beholdjohn_hepburn is a splendid one to beholdjohn_hepburn is a splendid one to behold
Default Adelaide suburb advice

Hi all,

Years ago my wife and I had considered a move to NZ but the finances there just weren't going to stack up. So, we cast our eye to Australia and have been spending the last few years planning for a move there to the Adelaide region. My wife has had a few formal job offers which would include sponsorship for the visa. However, they are all pretty much around the CBD. One in Seaton, one in Prospect and another in Trinity Gardens. Previously we had wanted to move to the Hallett cove area and all our research has been focussed there, however, the commute from there to any of the options looks pretty bad, Google maps says 40-90 minutes each way.

Can anyone recommend any suburbs closer to the areas where the job offers are? We've two young children so looking for somewhere family friendly with a budget of about $950,000.
Old Dec 17th 2021, 9:38 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Adelaide suburb advice

Originally Posted by john_hepburn
Hi all,

Years ago my wife and I had considered a move to NZ but the finances there just weren't going to stack up. So, we cast our eye to Australia and have been spending the last few years planning for a move there to the Adelaide region. My wife has had a few formal job offers which would include sponsorship for the visa. However, they are all pretty much around the CBD. One in Seaton, one in Prospect and another in Trinity Gardens. Previously we had wanted to move to the Hallett cove area and all our research has been focussed there, however, the commute from there to any of the options looks pretty bad, Google maps says 40-90 minutes each way.

Can anyone recommend any suburbs closer to the areas where the job offers are? We've two young children so looking for somewhere family friendly with a budget of about $950,000.
Henley Beach or Grange would work for Seaton, but I guess it depends on how close you want to be, and how much driving. Also - do you want beach or hills? Sports? Other?

As an example, I used to live in Grange and work in the Barossa - and that was about an hour drive each way. More recently, I now live in Gawler and was working in Edwardstown. They recently added the northern connector and completed works for South Road at Regency - drive time was only 45 minutes in the morning, although an hour home in the evening.

Old Dec 17th 2021, 6:12 pm
Forum Regular

john_hepburn is a splendid one to beholdjohn_hepburn is a splendid one to beholdjohn_hepburn is a splendid one to beholdjohn_hepburn is a splendid one to beholdjohn_hepburn is a splendid one to beholdjohn_hepburn is a splendid one to beholdjohn_hepburn is a splendid one to beholdjohn_hepburn is a splendid one to beholdjohn_hepburn is a splendid one to beholdjohn_hepburn is a splendid one to beholdjohn_hepburn is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Adelaide suburb advice

Either beach or hills to be honest, I prefer beach and my wife prefers hills! Want somewhere that has plenty of outdoor activities for the kids.