Reload this Page >

Adelaide road trip?

Adelaide road trip?

Old May 15th 2013, 2:47 am
✡-CollDaisy-✡

colldaisy is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Adelaide road trip?

Hey ppl,

Currently living in adelaide and have the use of a car over next couple of days...anyone got any suggestions of any good locations to drive to close (about 2 hours drive) by?
Old May 15th 2013, 3:32 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Adelaide road trip?

Originally Posted by colldaisy
Hey ppl,

Currently living in adelaide and have the use of a car over next couple of days...anyone got any suggestions of any good locations to drive to close (about 2 hours drive) by?
Victor harbour and the Barossa on each day...... Thats about all there is there I think ? lol.

?

Do they do Snow Town tours ?
Old May 15th 2013, 3:47 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
Victor harbour and the Barossa on each day...... Thats about all there is there I think ? lol.

?

Do they do Snow Town tours ?
That's what I would have recommended too. Are the whales migrating yet at Victor Harbour?

Ooh, I'm going to do the Snow Town tour if I'm ever passing through again, that sounds cool.
Old May 15th 2013, 4:27 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kim67
That's what I would have recommended too. Are the whales migrating yet at Victor Harbour?

Ooh, I'm going to do the Snow Town tour if I'm ever passing through again, that sounds cool.
I spose there's Hahndorf as well, although Hahndorf is one of those slightly disappointing places.... and the Adelaide Hills overlooking Adelaide at night which is pretty good as far as views go, bit cold at this time of year...maybe there's a pub and meal place with a great view.
Old May 15th 2013, 4:44 am
Almost more Oz than Pom

KJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond repute

Burra. Go to the tourist office and they give you a map which takes you round all the historic sites, plus a key to get into the locked ones (the miners cave dwellings, Redruth Gaol, etc). Then on the way back you can go across to the Clare Valley and sample some wines!

Avoid Hahndorf unless you are into Germanic kitsch. If you want a good pub lunch try the Aldgate Pump Hotel. And don't forget the National Motor Museum at Birdwood.
Old May 16th 2013, 11:07 am
Waiting to be a grown-up

rasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond repute

Monarto Zoo for the day, then on the way back, drive up Mt Lofty and have dinner at Mt Lofty House

http://www.mtloftyhouse.com.au/
Old May 16th 2013, 1:37 pm

ukecadet is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by rasen78
Monarto Zoo for the day, then on the way back, drive up Mt Lofty and have dinner at Mt Lofty House

http://www.mtloftyhouse.com.au/
One guy got thrown off my ship for trying to mount Lofty.
Old May 16th 2013, 2:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

Irish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to behold

Drive through Stirling,nice little village,then have lunch in the Bridgewater Hotel.
Also a visit to Waterfall Gully,lovely tea rooms. followed by a walk up to the waterfall.