Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Adelaide questions

Adelaide questions

Old Jul 11th 2007, 3:05 am
Forum Regular

Claire and Dave is just really niceClaire and Dave is just really niceClaire and Dave is just really niceClaire and Dave is just really niceClaire and Dave is just really niceClaire and Dave is just really niceClaire and Dave is just really niceClaire and Dave is just really niceClaire and Dave is just really nice
Default Adelaide questions

Hi everyone

I have been got a job in wakefield calvery private hospital as cardiology nurse I was wondering if anyone knows anywhere nice within half an hours drive to this hospital or would i be better using public transport? I think it is in centre of adelaide? We are not moving tilll january with all going to plan, but dead excited cant stop reading all about adelaide! It cant come quick enough!

We will have to rent to begin with think can go to $300 a week for rent?? Any info of any kind will be much appreciated. Is there much work for plumbers gas engineers OH job from what I read it looks like he will have to go to TAFE but he is happy to do so and do anything to keep some extra money coming in?

Thanks for all your advice
Claire.
Old Jul 11th 2007, 3:51 am
BE Forum Addict

chris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Adelaide questions

Hi Claire,

We live 20 mins from Adelaide city center in Somerton Park, we pay $400 a week for 4 bedroom house, 5 mins walk to the beach, very nice area, I think you might get better respond to your questions if you try this site.

http://z2.invisionfree.com/Adelaideb...hp?showforum=1

Farideh
Old Jul 11th 2007, 4:18 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Claire and Dave
Hi everyone

I have been got a job in wakefield calvery private hospital as cardiology nurse I was wondering if anyone knows anywhere nice within half an hours drive to this hospital or would i be better using public transport? I think it is in centre of adelaide? We are not moving tilll january with all going to plan, but dead excited cant stop reading all about adelaide! It cant come quick enough!

We will have to rent to begin with think can go to $300 a week for rent?? Any info of any kind will be much appreciated. Is there much work for plumbers gas engineers OH job from what I read it looks like he will have to go to TAFE but he is happy to do so and do anything to keep some extra money coming in?

Thanks for all your advice
Claire.
The hospital is in North Adelaide, so just outside the CBD. You'd probably be better off in a car, as the buses tend to go the long way round and I don't think the train stops so far up so would be a good 10 minute walk as well.

If you look at the google map here:http://www.google.com.au/maps?q=Adel...i=map&ct=title

Print it off and mark all the following: Gepps Cross - Holden Hill - Athelstone - Skye - Glen Osmond - Westbourne Park - Fulham - Royal Park - Mansfield Park

Then join them all up, and look at area's in there. That's a rough guide to all the places that should be less than half hour away from North Adelaide.

If you log onto the site mentioned by Farideh, there is a suburb guide on there so you can see what others think of the areas.
Old Jul 11th 2007, 6:53 pm
Forum Regular

Claire and Dave is just really niceClaire and Dave is just really niceClaire and Dave is just really niceClaire and Dave is just really niceClaire and Dave is just really niceClaire and Dave is just really niceClaire and Dave is just really niceClaire and Dave is just really niceClaire and Dave is just really nice

Thanks for your input can you suggest any nice areas within this bracket wendy? Is highbury too far out and is it nice round there??
Thanks to both of you
claire.
Old Jul 11th 2007, 8:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

Babsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Claire and Dave
Thanks for your input can you suggest any nice areas within this bracket wendy? Is highbury too far out and is it nice round there??
Thanks to both of you
claire.
Have been to Glen Osmond a few times and it seemed nice there but couldn't really say for living there. Just got a good impression of it passing through.Babs.
Old Jul 11th 2007, 9:00 pm
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wendy
The hospital is in North Adelaide, so just outside the CBD. You'd probably be better off in a car, as the buses tend to go the long way round and I don't think the train stops so far up so would be a good 10 minute walk as well.

If you look at the google map here:http://www.google.com.au/maps?q=Adel...i=map&ct=title

Print it off and mark all the following: Gepps Cross - Holden Hill - Athelstone - Skye - Glen Osmond - Westbourne Park - Fulham - Royal Park - Mansfield Park

Then join them all up, and look at area's in there. That's a rough guide to all the places that should be less than half hour away from North Adelaide.

If you log onto the site mentioned by Farideh, there is a suburb guide on there so you can see what others think of the areas.
I would rule out Mansfield park, [not nice] we moved two german doctors into a nice house at Blair Athol the other dat $280 aweek, prospect is good a bit dearer or collinswood still affordable...all 5mins drive to calvary..........mm
Old Jul 11th 2007, 9:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

nurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant future

Hi there - My hubby has been offered a job at the same hospital (ICU). Really looking forward to being there now and think we may have even sold the house too We have our visa and are just waiting for everything to complete then we'll be booking the tickets. You may even be working together!

Lindsey