Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Adelaide Meet - January

Adelaide Meet - January

Old Dec 29th 2007, 9:53 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Adelaide Meet - January

Originally Posted by stevief
Hi, Im new to all this! Would very much like to meet up on the 15th. What time and where in the gardens please? Stevie

Hi Stevie,

Sat 12th Jan at 1pm in the botanic park (number 1 on the map)

Map here: http://www.environment.sa.gov.au/bot...fs/abg_map.pdf

There's a map of where the Botanical Gardens are here: http://www.southaustralia.com/9002564.aspx
Old Dec 30th 2007, 1:03 am
Just Joined

stevief is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Wendy,

See you on the 12th (not 15th!).

Stevie
Old Jan 1st 2008, 3:58 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Lastest headcount is:

Me and kids (and OH if he's not working)
Julia and kids (and Matt maybe)
Glasgowlass, OH and kids
Ellie (and others?)
Jacqui (and others?)
Fiona and kids (and Malc?)
Raj, Maria and two kids
Maria, OH and kids
Jo, Jeff and kids
Stevie (and others?)

Looks like it's gonna be a good one
Old Jan 9th 2008, 11:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bumping
Old Jan 9th 2008, 11:31 pm
Made the move -

Fiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wendy
Bumping
AAARRGGGHHH cant believe im gonna miss this one again !!!

well on this day next week (all things being well) i will be in adelaide in our new house waiting for the removal blokes coming with our stuff
Old Jan 9th 2008, 11:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Fiona&malc
AAARRGGGHHH cant believe im gonna miss this one again !!!

well on this day next week (all things being well) i will be in adelaide in our new house waiting for the removal blokes coming with our stuff

Don't worry we'll have another one sometime.

Good luck with the moving
Old Jan 9th 2008, 11:56 pm
Made the move -

Fiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wendy
Don't worry we'll have another one sometime.

Good luck with the moving
thanks wendy, starting to stress out a bit now, but im sure all will be fine

count me in for the coffee morning (plus 2 kids)
Old Jan 9th 2008, 11:58 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Fiona&malc
thanks wendy, starting to stress out a bit now, but im sure all will be fine

count me in for the coffee morning (plus 2 kids)

Moving is crap. We should just go on holiday or something until it's all done.

Will do, see you there
Old Jan 10th 2008, 12:21 am
Playing the game

Pinkie is a jewel in the roughPinkie is a jewel in the roughPinkie is a jewel in the roughPinkie is a jewel in the rough

Hey Wendy, we're coming along too - what's the plan? We'll be a bit late as we've got some houses to view around lunchtime but we'll get there as soon as we can. What should we bring? And is the plan still to go to the beer festival after? So many questions.....

Old Jan 10th 2008, 12:26 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Pinkie
Hey Wendy, we're coming along too - what's the plan? We'll be a bit late as we've got some houses to view around lunchtime but we'll get there as soon as we can. What should we bring? And is the plan still to go to the beer festival after? So many questions.....

Mmm, beer I'm not sure what's happening (I have very vague recollections of talking about the beer festival ) but I'll probably be driving so no beer for me

I going to take some butties, pop and crisps for the kids mainly. Only so they're not nattering for Macdonalds

I'll speak to my aunt and see if they're still coming and if they're going to the beer festival.
Old Jan 10th 2008, 12:28 am
Playing the game

Pinkie is a jewel in the roughPinkie is a jewel in the roughPinkie is a jewel in the roughPinkie is a jewel in the rough

Sounds great, although I bet you're wishing you'd failed that test now eh

I'll get on to Julia too as she was the beer festival ringleader I seem to remember!
Old Jan 10th 2008, 12:31 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Pinkie
Sounds great, although I bet you're wishing you'd failed that test now eh

I'll get on to Julia too as she was the beer festival ringleader I seem to remember!

I could get the bus I suppose. I'll see

Now why doesn't that suprise me
Old Jan 10th 2008, 1:06 am
BE Enthusiast

mattandjulia is just really nicemattandjulia is just really nicemattandjulia is just really nicemattandjulia is just really nicemattandjulia is just really nicemattandjulia is just really nicemattandjulia is just really nicemattandjulia is just really nicemattandjulia is just really nicemattandjulia is just really nicemattandjulia is just really nice

I'll get on to Julia too as she was the beer festival ringleader I seem to remember![/QUOTE]

What me!!!!!!!!!!!!The mention of beer makes me feel sick.............Not.

Just has a word in Matt's ear and he says it's quite possible just depends on how tired he is as he won't be finishing work until 3am and also how the kids behave. Have warned them to be on best behavior as mum really wants to go.

See you soon.
Old Jan 10th 2008, 1:19 am
Playing the game

Fan-dabby-dozee! (sorry to anyone under 25 for that obscure 80s reference!)

We'll be going anyway, would hate to miss such a significant cultural event so would be great to make a bit of an outing of it. That goes for anyone else keeping up with this thread too - men in lederhosen and the chance to hear an oompah band live, how could you all resist!!
Old Jan 10th 2008, 10:24 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Just been looking at where the park is and it looks quite big, so I will tie some balloons up where I am parked on Plane Tree Drive, and also where we are sat so you all know where we are

For anyone who doesn't know where Plane Tree Drive is: http://maps.google.com.au/maps?q=Hac...i=map&ct=title

Last edited by Wendy; Jan 10th 2008 at 11:41 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.