Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Adelaide Meet - January

Adelaide Meet - January

Old Dec 2nd 2007, 7:26 am
BE Enthusiast

doje6863 is a glorious beacon of lightdoje6863 is a glorious beacon of lightdoje6863 is a glorious beacon of lightdoje6863 is a glorious beacon of lightdoje6863 is a glorious beacon of lightdoje6863 is a glorious beacon of lightdoje6863 is a glorious beacon of lightdoje6863 is a glorious beacon of lightdoje6863 is a glorious beacon of lightdoje6863 is a glorious beacon of lightdoje6863 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Adelaide Meet - January

Originally Posted by mattandjulia
Hi

I have just put a post up for next Thursday Morning if you want to come along. Usual place. Starbucks, Rundle Mall 10am onwards.

Julia.x
Would love to come, but my next day off (in the week) is not until the 12th. Maybe next time.

donna
Old Dec 2nd 2007, 7:43 am
BE Forum Addict

chris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond repute

I'm so sad to miss the meet up, but have great time would be thinking of you guys on that day, you & Julia have been great friend to me.:wab:
Old Dec 2nd 2007, 10:32 am
BE Enthusiast

mattandjulia is just really nicemattandjulia is just really nicemattandjulia is just really nicemattandjulia is just really nicemattandjulia is just really nicemattandjulia is just really nicemattandjulia is just really nicemattandjulia is just really nicemattandjulia is just really nicemattandjulia is just really nicemattandjulia is just really nice

Hi

How's it going ? Will be thinking of you as well.

We have hired a car for the Monday of our hols so we should get to see you very soon. Can't wait.

Julia.x
Old Dec 4th 2007, 9:26 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by doje6863
Would love to come, but my next day off (in the week) is not until the 12th. Maybe next time.

donna
The next one, we'll arrange around you It will probably be in Jan sometime, maybe towards the end.

Originally Posted by chris and farideh
I'm so sad to miss the meet up, but have great time would be thinking of you guys on that day, you & Julia have been great friend to me.:wab:
We'll miss you too

So far then we have:

Me and kids (and maybe a whinging pom )
Julia and kids (and Matt maybe)
Glasgowlass and kids (and OH?)
Ellie (and others?)
Jacqui (and others?)
Fiona and kids (and Malc?)
Maria ( and daughter in handcuff )
Old Dec 18th 2007, 10:47 am
BBQ-KING

BBQ-KING is a jewel in the roughBBQ-KING is a jewel in the roughBBQ-KING is a jewel in the roughBBQ-KING is a jewel in the roughBBQ-KING is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Wendy
Hi everyone,

I'm arranging a meet up at the Botanical Gardens on 15th January for anyone who is interested.

Looking forward to meeting a few new people as well as old ones, so come on you know you want to
Hi Wendy,
We are on a visa validation trip and will be in Adelaide from 9 to 18 January and would love to come along.....
Will have hire car, but will need some brief directions how to get to the venue (from Fullarton Road nr. city centre). It would be great to get some first-hand experiences on life in Adelaide and would help narrow down our choice on which areas are best to settle in
We are
Raj, Maria and two kids (8 and 5)
Old Dec 18th 2007, 10:50 am
Forum Regular

crankysid is just really nicecrankysid is just really nicecrankysid is just really nicecrankysid is just really nicecrankysid is just really nicecrankysid is just really nicecrankysid is just really nicecrankysid is just really nicecrankysid is just really nicecrankysid is just really nice

Hi Wendy,

Jumping the gun a bit here, but any planned meet ups for Feb 08 as we don't get there until the 30th of Jan?

Cheers, Cranky.
Old Dec 18th 2007, 8:33 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BBQ-KING
Hi Wendy,
We are on a visa validation trip and will be in Adelaide from 9 to 18 January and would love to come along.....
Will have hire car, but will need some brief directions how to get to the venue (from Fullarton Road nr. city centre). It would be great to get some first-hand experiences on life in Adelaide and would help narrow down our choice on which areas are best to settle in
We are
Raj, Maria and two kids (8 and 5)
No worries Will sort you out with directions a bit later (when I find the map )

Originally Posted by crankysid
Hi Wendy,

Jumping the gun a bit here, but any planned meet ups for Feb 08 as we don't get there until the 30th of Jan?

Cheers, Cranky.
We can soon sort one out.
Old Dec 19th 2007, 7:20 am
BBQ-KING

BBQ-KING is a jewel in the roughBBQ-KING is a jewel in the roughBBQ-KING is a jewel in the roughBBQ-KING is a jewel in the roughBBQ-KING is a jewel in the rough

[QUOTE=Wendy;5682311]No worries Will sort you out with directions a bit later (when I find the map )

Thanks Wendy
Old Dec 19th 2007, 7:36 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Thanks Wendy
Here you are:

Botanical Gardens: http://www.environment.sa.gov.au/bot...l#botanic_park

Directions: From Fullarton Road, go left onto Glen Osmond Road. Slight right onto South Terrace, Left onto Putney Street, Head North to North Terrace and the gardens are on there. It's about 10 minutes by car

I'm not sure which one we'll meet in yet, so that's about as much as I can tell you for now.
Old Dec 19th 2007, 1:26 pm
BBQ-KING

Here you are:

Botanical Gardens: http://www.environment.sa.gov.au/bot...l#botanic_park

Directions: From Fullarton Road, go left onto Glen Osmond Road. Slight right onto South Terrace, Left onto Putney Street, Head North to North Terrace and the gardens are on there. It's about 10 minutes by car

I'm not sure which one we'll meet in yet, so that's about as much as I can tell you for now.
Many thanks for the Directions Wendy,
We leave London on the 25th. Dec, any ideas as to the meet-up time? (if not ascertained before we go, I will check your post using an internet cafe in OZ), If I dont by then know which garden to meet up in....
we can always be on the lookout for groups of people --some with handcuffs, some whinging etc
Look forward to seeing you all..
BBQ-KING
Old Dec 19th 2007, 10:17 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Many thanks for the Directions Wendy,
We leave London on the 25th. Dec, any ideas as to the meet-up time? (if not ascertained before we go, I will check your post using an internet cafe in OZ), If I dont by then know which garden to meet up in....
we can always be on the lookout for groups of people --some with handcuffs, some whinging etc
Look forward to seeing you all..
BBQ-KING

I'll look at the site and decide over the weekend, will definitely post proper details before you set off.

I'll PM you my mobile number as well, just in case you need any help.
Old Dec 19th 2007, 11:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

milly123 is a name known to allmilly123 is a name known to allmilly123 is a name known to allmilly123 is a name known to allmilly123 is a name known to allmilly123 is a name known to allmilly123 is a name known to allmilly123 is a name known to allmilly123 is a name known to allmilly123 is a name known to allmilly123 is a name known to all

Hi everyone,

I'm arranging a meet up at the Botanical Gardens on 15th January for anyone who is interested.

Looking forward to meeting a few new people as well as old ones, so come on you know you want to
Hi, sorry i missed last sat night, we have just moved in , and had no internet, for 10days , (telstra) ha, will see you on the 15th
the bugs are bigger this side. ah ah me thinks.
Old Dec 20th 2007, 1:18 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by milly123
Hi, sorry i missed last sat night, we have just moved in , and had no internet, for 10days , (telstra) ha, will see you on the 15th
the bugs are bigger this side. ah ah me thinks.
No problems Zoe, you can come on the next one
Old Dec 23rd 2007, 3:20 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

We can meet at 1pm in the botanic park (number 1 on the map)

Map here: http://www.environment.sa.gov.au/bot...fs/abg_map.pdf

Is that OK for everyone?
Old Dec 23rd 2007, 3:27 am
BE Forum Addict

Glasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond repute

We can meet at 1pm in the botanic park (number 1 on the map)

Map here: http://www.environment.sa.gov.au/bot...fs/abg_map.pdf

Is that OK for everyone?
That's a lovely spot! We'll be there too if that's ok. Me, OH and 2 littlies.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.