Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

adelaide median breaks $200,000

Wikiposts

adelaide median breaks $200,000

Old Apr 26th 2003, 1:33 am
Forum Regular

HeatherS is an unknown quantity at this point

I've found a site that sells copies of all the big papers from Oz in the UK.

It's www.consylpublishing.co.uk

Their phone number is 01424 223111

The Adelaide Advertiser costs £8.30 and is delivered once a month if anyone's interested. We look online at the paper but it's much better to read in the flesh.

Last edited by HeatherS; Apr 26th 2003 at 9:43 pm.
Old Apr 26th 2003, 1:39 am
We arrived november 2004

kentcoast is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by HeatherS
I've found a site that sells copies of all the big papers from Oz in the UK.

It's consylpublishing.co.uk

Their phone number is 01424 223111

The Adelaide Advertiser costs £8.30 and is delivered once a month if anyone's interested. We look online at the paper but it's much better to read in the flesh.

Perfect!

I've tried phoning already but there's just a machine - I'll try them again on Monday

Thanks

Perry
Old Apr 26th 2003, 8:41 am
BE Forum Addict

mashiraz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: my town

Mr Mover,

Really good to hear your views on areas. We want to move into Gawler/Barossa and can't wait to arrive in July. Our son (7) is booked into Trinity College at Gawler River campus.

Do you know it or have any views?

Mash...

Originally posted by mr mover
very nice summary elaine , have you been to adelaide?? elizabeth is not were as bad as people make out, it was settled and developed by british migrants in the 50,s &60,s is a pleasent place to live the bad areas, are a doddle when compared to parts of the u.k . We had a young backpacker working with us the other week he was from Bristol, we were working at Colanades shopping mall , noarlunga sth of adelaide, i happe,nd to mention at lunch time that this was a bad area ,high un employment,etc he just laughed at me , "you people in adelaide would,nt know what a bad area was" this coming from a guy who had travelled and worked over most of the world, plus had just worked 6mths in sydney. As for mossies, Bolivar, Paralowie, areas have high mossie rates , in summer but only for short periods, Gawler great country town, good living at reasonable prices, 45 mins to Adelaide, beach side adelaide going off the planet, 500k -1mill,on the esplanade, but nice safe beaches for kids,back two or three streets still can pick up a bargain for 2.5k -300k,first home buyers is 14k rebate on new home, 7k on establised........mm
Old Apr 26th 2003, 11:26 am
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by mashiraz
Mr Mover,

Really good to hear your views on areas. We want to move into Gawler/Barossa and can't wait to arrive in July. Our son (7) is booked into Trinity College at Gawler River campus.

Do you know it or have any views?

Mash...
Yes mash you are, heading for one of the nicest areas of the planet,[ but then i,m biased]trinty college,gawler river campus is ,a fine school[3kmfrom my place] large playing fields,gym equiped, large areas of sail cloth for summer shade,only about 18mths old, the main campus is at gawler ,10km away, i hear the principal is a bit of an empire builder ,[but probably not a bad thing in todays economic climate] the town of gawler ,built around the mid 1800,s still has the old style "high street' ,shopping sat mornings ,walk up one side then down the other, but still has a large mall ,and cinema complex, the barrossa towns have a charm of thier own , LYNDOCH, ,TANUNDA, ANGASTON ,NURIOOPTA, i guess you would of done your home work, so you would have decided by now ? . My sister in law has just built in the main street of GREENOCK on the western side of the valley, lovely old town [nice pub] the barrossa vintage festival is on at the moment , the valley is full of tourists , who have escaped from the east coast, drudgery of melbourne and sydney,come here once a year to push up the prices on all that Merlot, Cab sav,..... you will love it here.....MM
Old Apr 27th 2003, 2:51 am
BE Enthusiast

jockney is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: adelaide median breaks $200,000

We live in angle vale ,north of adelaide[32km] near gawler, a stones throw to the Barossa valley[you know "jacobs creek", "oxford landing" etc] yes living in hills is a nightmare during summer due to the trees, and the bush fire threat, if people only kept their blocks clear , this problem will lessen ,we are due for another ASH WEDNESDAY, circa 1982, last year we moved at least 3 ex pat familys into the hills ,they all cited the fact that lots of european trees , made them feel at home, stirling , reminded them of a small country town,laid back life style was what they were looking for, coming from London you will find Adelaide snail pace, but thats the beauty of the place 18 mths in this city you will be lured into a life style you,ll never want to leave, we came here in 1962 from a small village in dorset [milton abbas] so living here for us was perfect............MM
Hi,Small world our freinds live in angle vale with there two children,we were there last time we were over.They live in bubner rd do you know it.? jockney
Old Apr 27th 2003, 3:50 am
BE Forum Addict

.... you will love it here.....MM

Yes we will love it there, we know! You've just made me yearn for it even more with your description!!

Glad the school is good, we know they have excellent shared facilities at starplex etc and our friends son starts at the gawler south site in July, he's 5 - thay put his name down at birth!....

Are you in the moving trade in that area, any tips on getting a good shipper?

Cheers
Mash..

PS - We fancy Lyndoch, Angaston, Williamstown sort of places at the mo, probably an acre or thereabouts - can't wait!
Cant wait to get a drop of Rockfords best!
Old Apr 27th 2003, 6:07 am
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute
Cool Re: adelaide median breaks $200,000

Originally posted by jockney
Hi,Small world our freinds live in angle vale with there two children,we were there last time we were over.They live in bubner rd do you know it.? jockney
YES JOCKNEY,know it well ,1st on right after the angle vale rd gawler rd intersection, did you enjoy your stay,? can get abit hot and dry in summer, especially with anorth wind blowing.....MM
Old Apr 27th 2003, 6:21 am
Banned

Originally posted by mashiraz
Yes we will love it there, we know! You've just made me yearn for it even more with your description!!

Glad the school is good, we know they have excellent shared facilities at starplex etc and our friends son starts at the gawler south site in July, he's 5 - thay put his name down at birth!....

Are you in the moving trade in that area, any tips on getting a good shipper?

Cheers
Mash..

PS - We fancy Lyndoch, Angaston, Williamstown sort of places at the mo, probably an acre or thereabouts - can't wait!
Cant wait to get a drop of Rockfords best!
Good choice mash, theres a new area opened up at the back of Sandy Creek. on the williamstown rd as you go towards cockatoo valley, all 1.5 /2 acre blocks, will try to find out who the developer is they might have a web sight. As for moving ,i have my own company ,we subcontract to GRACE removals group ,they are aust,s largest removalist[see their web sight] so i have to be careful who i recomend, but if you stay with companys that are members of B.A.R [british removers assoc]. this industry is one were the bigger the company, the bigger the reputation you have to protect...........MM
Old Apr 27th 2003, 7:27 am
BE Forum Addict

Please do see if you can find the developer, sounds perfect!!

Also I'll check out your contact!
Cheers
Mash..

Good choice mash, theres a new area opened up at the back of Sandy Creek. on the williamstown rd as you go towards cockatoo valley, all 1.5 /2 acre blocks, will try to find out who the developer is they might have a web sight. As for moving ,i have my own company ,we subcontract to GRACE removals group ,they are aust,s largest removalist[see their web sight] so i have to be careful who i recomend, but if you stay with companys that are members of B.A.R [british removers assoc]. this industry is one were the bigger the company, the bigger the reputation you have to protect...........MM
Old Apr 27th 2003, 8:02 am
Forum Regular

HeatherS is an unknown quantity at this point

Talking of developers, does anyone know of ANY websites of housing developers in South Australia?

Our friends have just moved to Perth & I can find loads of sites there but not Adelaide.

Cheers
Old Apr 27th 2003, 5:55 pm
Just Joined

gillianb is an unknown quantity at this point

HeatherS

I work for a Recruitment company, and have a few clients who are house developers:

Homestead Homes: www.homeaustralia.com.au
Rossdale Homes: www.rossdalehomes.com.au
Rivergum Homes: www.rivergumhomes.com.au
Scott Salisbury: www.scottsalisburyhomes.com.au

I've been in Adelaide for 7 years (originally from Scotland) - I'M JOCKNEY'S NIECE. Where to live here can depend on what kind of lifestyle you're after! I live on the beach at Glenelg (just renting, can't afford to buy there anymore) cos I love being near the water, eating out & going to the pubs.

Gillian
Old Apr 27th 2003, 11:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by gillianb
HeatherS

I work for a Recruitment company, and have a few clients who are house developers:

Homestead Homes: www.homeaustralia.com.au
Rossdale Homes: www.rossdalehomes.com.au
Rivergum Homes: www.rivergumhomes.com.au
Scott Salisbury: www.scottsalisburyhomes.com.au

I've been in Adelaide for 7 years (originally from Scotland) - I'M JOCKNEY'S NIECE. Where to live here can depend on what kind of lifestyle you're after! I live on the beach at Glenelg (just renting, can't afford to buy there anymore) cos I love being near the water, eating out & going to the pubs.

Gillian
Especially the pubs I am led to believe!!Peter and carol will be next to turn up on this site. uncle jockney
Old Apr 27th 2003, 11:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

Default Re: adelaide median breaks $200,000

Originally posted by kentcoast
Hi Jockney,

I'd be grateful for details of who you dealt with at the advertiser. When I wrote to them last year asking for exactly the same deal as you have they quoted $26.71 (A$) per issue and would only do it on the basis of one each week - they wouldn't do every month or 4-weekly. I can't really justify the near $1400 that that would have cost.

Cheers

Perry
Hi perry,This is the guy who sorts out our copy of the advertiser each month...ROBERT REX
[email protected] you`ll find it well worth the money.jockney
Old Apr 27th 2003, 11:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

r.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant future

can't a newsagent in -say- earls court- get copies??

cheers

richard
Old Apr 28th 2003, 12:03 am
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future

Originally posted by r.bartlett
can't a newsagent in -say- earls court- get copies??

cheers

richard
Or go to the library.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.