Reload this Page >

adelaide median breaks $200,000

Wikiposts

adelaide median breaks $200,000

Old Apr 20th 2003, 5:12 am
BE Enthusiast

jockney is an unknown quantity at this point
Default adelaide median breaks $200,000

Hi,We get the sat edition of the adelaide advertiser once a month and the latest info on house prices was in this edition.The median house price has broken the $200000 mark for the first time.North adelaide which is right in the city beside the parkland (very nice I thought)is one of the few suburbs to show a reversal -19% god knows why?ave north adelaide $370,500.The highest riser seemed to be Elizabeth downs at34% although the ave price was only $97,750.Of the country towns which all seemed to go up quite a bit Naracoorte was the biggest yearly riser at a whopping 86% does anyone know why?have they found gold there?
Old Apr 20th 2003, 5:53 am
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute
Cool

I assume the rise in the prices in Narracoorte region are due to the influx of wine people into the area, large tracts of country side in the Padthway,Naracoorte,Penola, area have gone under vine cultivation, this is very labour intensive........MM
Old Apr 20th 2003, 8:39 am
Forum Regular

HeatherS is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: adelaide median breaks $200,000

Hi,We get the sat edition of the adelaide advertiser once a month and the latest info on house prices was in this edition.

Jockney, how do you get a copy of the Advertiser sent to you? and how much is it?

Thanks Heather
Old Apr 21st 2003, 9:05 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by HeatherS
Hi,We get the sat edition of the adelaide advertiser once a month and the latest info on house prices was in this edition.

Jockney, how do you get a copy of the Advertiser sent to you? and how much is it?

Thanks Heather
Hi heather,Will look up contact for you at the advertiser and post it .Costs about 7or 8 quid each time through dhl but once a month we find it well worth it.It`s comes in 5 sections and is pretty good,it,s helped us make alot of decisions with finding costs of things etc.The sat edition arrives about wednesday. jockney
Old Apr 25th 2003, 11:05 am
BE Forum Addict

mashiraz is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Jockney

The sample size of some of the areas is small and therefore might reflect one or 2 really expensive properties that sold in the period. It's best just to look at the largest samples to get a picture of what's going on. I think the average was around 20/25% pa last time I heard, has it changed?

Mash...

Originally posted by jockney
Hi,We get the sat edition of the adelaide advertiser once a month and the latest info on house prices was in this edition.The median house price has broken the $200000 mark for the first time.North adelaide which is right in the city beside the parkland (very nice I thought)is one of the few suburbs to show a reversal -19% god knows why?ave north adelaide $370,500.The highest riser seemed to be Elizabeth downs at34% although the ave price was only $97,750.Of the country towns which all seemed to go up quite a bit Naracoorte was the biggest yearly riser at a whopping 86% does anyone know why?have they found gold there?
Old Apr 25th 2003, 11:14 am
BE Enthusiast

scoobydooathome is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

To be honest 200$ for a home is loose change compared to the UK,
Old Apr 25th 2003, 12:16 pm
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

The Adelaide hills seem to be one of the big price risers, the townships of aldgate /stirling, bridgewater, and futher out nairne , hahndorf , mt barker, popular with the expats, as it is cooler in the summer than down on the plains. and with the new tunnels opened you can get to town quicker.......MM
Old Apr 25th 2003, 11:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by mashiraz
Hi Jockney

The sample size of some of the areas is small and therefore might reflect one or 2 really expensive properties that sold in the period. It's best just to look at the largest samples to get a picture of what's going on. I think the average was around 20/25% pa last time I heard, has it changed?

Mash...
Hi mash,You are right aboutsample size although most were at least 20 to 30 properties.What I could`nt understand was north adelaide which had a -19% reversal`even accounting for odd prices this one seemed strange.We had looked at north adelaide as well as the"golden mile"somerton park and thought either beach living or on the edge of the parkland area of the city.I think the beach side is for us but north adelaide still appeals due to our concern that we might find adelaide too quite after living in the south east and london for so long. jockney
Old Apr 25th 2003, 11:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by mr mover
The Adelaide hills seem to be one of the big price risers, the townships of aldgate /stirling, bridgewater, and futher out nairne , hahndorf , mt barker, popular with the expats, as it is cooler in the summer than down on the plains. and with the new tunnels opened you can get to town quicker.......MM
Hi,I thought stirling was a lovely place and it took no time to get to the city.My concerns about it for us was it was in the middle of so many large trees and vegitation,thinking fires and for us spiders!!!(coward I know)Where do you stay in sa? jockney
Old Apr 26th 2003, 12:24 am
We arrived november 2004

kentcoast is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi heather,Will look up contact for you at the advertiser and post it .Costs about 7or 8 quid each time through dhl but once a month we find it well worth it.It`s comes in 5 sections and is pretty good,it,s helped us make alot of decisions with finding costs of things etc.The sat edition arrives about wednesday. jockney

Hi Jockney,

I'd be grateful for details of who you dealt with at the advertiser. When I wrote to them last year asking for exactly the same deal as you have they quoted $26.71 (A$) per issue and would only do it on the basis of one each week - they wouldn't do every month or 4-weekly. I can't really justify the near $1400 that that would have cost.

Cheers

Perry
Old Apr 26th 2003, 12:39 am
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future

Have you been to a library?
Old Apr 26th 2003, 12:52 am
Banned

Cool Re: adelaide median breaks $200,000

Hi,I thought stirling was a lovely place and it took no time to get to the city.My concerns about it for us was it was in the middle of so many large trees and vegitation,thinking fires and for us spiders!!!(coward I know)Where do you stay in sa? jockney
We live in angle vale ,north of adelaide[32km] near gawler, a stones throw to the Barossa valley[you know "jacobs creek", "oxford landing" etc] yes living in hills is a nightmare during summer due to the trees, and the bush fire threat, if people only kept their blocks clear , this problem will lessen ,we are due for another ASH WEDNESDAY, circa 1982, last year we moved at least 3 ex pat familys into the hills ,they all cited the fact that lots of european trees , made them feel at home, stirling , reminded them of a small country town,laid back life style was what they were looking for, coming from London you will find Adelaide snail pace, but thats the beauty of the place 18 mths in this city you will be lured into a life style you,ll never want to leave, we came here in 1962 from a small village in dorset [milton abbas] so living here for us was perfect............MM
Old Apr 26th 2003, 12:52 am
Forum Regular

grubelice is an unknown quantity at this point

Probably this is preaching to the grannie to suck eggs but I read the Advertiser on www.thepaperboy.com (or might be www.paperboy.com) and you go to Australian papers and then The Advertiser. You can look at the news and then there are links to the classified ads, property ads etc. The site will have all the main papers in Oz and some really provincial ones. Good way to keep up with the news. In addition if its jobs you are looking at there is the link via The Advertiser to www.careerone.com

Things to look out for when buying around Adelaide are the really flat bits as (especially near the salt flats) as it is really mossie infested. North and the Hills is nice cos its cooler. Prices have really shot up since I first started thinking about going there. Elizabeth is cheap but I have been advised against it as it has its "rough" areas. Up towards Gawler is niceish and prices are not too bad and it has good roads into Adelaide to work. The coastal areas are very pricey (Glenelg, Semaphore). Still hopeful of finding something reasonable when I get there though. Only concern is financing it all - ie getting a mortgage takes a while as you have to establish your credit rating. Also - and I am sure everyone knows about this by now - there is a 7000 AD grant as a First Time Buyer.

Elaine
Old Apr 26th 2003, 1:15 am
We arrived november 2004

kentcoast is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by grubelice
Probably this is preaching to the grannie to suck eggs but I read the Advertiser on www.thepaperboy.com (or might be www.paperboy.com) and you go to Australian papers and then The Advertiser. You can look at the news and then there are links to the classified ads, property ads etc. The site will have all the main papers in Oz and some really provincial ones. Good way to keep up with the news. In addition if its jobs you are looking at there is the link via The Advertiser to www.careerone.com
I'm certainly a regular reader of the advertiser online and paperboy is a very useful site - but somehow it's not the same as a 5 section pile of newsprint with the full range of classifieds and local news.

Things to look out for when buying around Adelaide are the really flat bits as (especially near the salt flats) as it is really mossie infested. North and the Hills is nice cos its cooler. Prices have really shot up since I first started thinking about going there. Elizabeth is cheap but I have been advised against it as it has its "rough" areas. Up towards Gawler is niceish and prices are not too bad and it has good roads into Adelaide to work. The coastal areas are very pricey (Glenelg, Semaphore). Still hopeful of finding something reasonable when I get there though. Only concern is financing it all - ie getting a mortgage takes a while as you have to establish your credit rating. Also - and I am sure everyone knows about this by now - there is a 7000 AD grant as a First Time Buyer.
This is all good stuff and the kind of info that I'm always searching for. I'm heading over for a month in Sept primarily to look at different towns in the hills to build up a shortlist. I think that looking at the real estate agent sites is, for all that it's compulsive one of the most frustrating things at the moment as I lack the 'local knowledge' to picture the areas (really nice one in Inglewood that could almost tempt me to go early!)

Cheers
Perry
Old Apr 26th 2003, 1:23 am
Banned

Cool my town

Originally posted by grubelice

Elaine
very nice summary elaine , have you been to adelaide?? elizabeth is not were as bad as people make out, it was settled and developed by british migrants in the 50,s &60,s is a pleasent place to live the bad areas, are a doddle when compared to parts of the u.k . We had a young backpacker working with us the other week he was from Bristol, we were working at Colanades shopping mall , noarlunga sth of adelaide, i happe,nd to mention at lunch time that this was a bad area ,high un employment,etc he just laughed at me , "you people in adelaide would,nt know what a bad area was" this coming from a guy who had travelled and worked over most of the world, plus had just worked 6mths in sydney. As for mossies, Bolivar, Paralowie, areas have high mossie rates , in summer but only for short periods, Gawler great country town, good living at reasonable prices, 45 mins to Adelaide, beach side adelaide going off the planet, 500k -1mill,on the esplanade, but nice safe beaches for kids,back two or three streets still can pick up a bargain for 2.5k -300k,first home buyers is 14k rebate on new home, 7k on establised........mm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.