Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Adelaide here we come!

Adelaide here we come!

Old Aug 27th 2007, 6:50 pm
Just Joined

wendy w will become famous soon enough
Smile Adelaide here we come!

House is sold and our furniture started its journey last Friday. Only 6 weeks to go until we are there.
We are hoping to settle in the Aberfoyle/Flagstaff area, depends are what the primary schools are like. Does anyone else live in these areas? If so, any info you can share with me.
Old Aug 27th 2007, 10:24 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Adelaide here we come!

Originally Posted by wendy w
House is sold and our furniture started its journey last Friday. Only 6 weeks to go until we are there.
We are hoping to settle in the Aberfoyle/Flagstaff area, depends are what the primary schools are like. Does anyone else live in these areas? If so, any info you can share with me.

Hi

Welcome to the forum.

I know s/nurse lives in the Flagstaff area and she loves it there. I've only passed through so can't help you much.

Look out on the forum for coffee meets that we have in the city. We'll probably be having one sometime around the time you get here.
Old Aug 27th 2007, 11:34 pm
Forum Regular

ellie10990 is a name known to allellie10990 is a name known to allellie10990 is a name known to allellie10990 is a name known to allellie10990 is a name known to allellie10990 is a name known to allellie10990 is a name known to allellie10990 is a name known to allellie10990 is a name known to allellie10990 is a name known to allellie10990 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by wendy w
hi there

I live in flagstaff hill,been here 6 months.If you need any help/advice,just pm me
Old Sep 2nd 2007, 9:49 pm
Just Joined

tazok is on a distinguished road

Looking to come to adelaide perm/ visa. Was there last Nov. Drove through Flagstaff ! Difficult to get your head round cost of living/house prices/salaries. I visited Flinders MC & could'nt get a straight answer to how much salary I would earn as a registered nurse !? So if anyone can give an insight into house prices / cost of living etc would be greatful. Cheers
Old Sep 3rd 2007, 12:20 am
Jan4kids

Jan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: Adelaide here we come!

Have you found 'Adelaidebrits' forum yet?

I don't have the link to hand, but a 'Google' should bring it up.....bright yellow screen. Very helpful, friendly and addictive

Jan
Old Sep 3rd 2007, 5:31 am
Adelaide Bound

Seacaptain is a glorious beacon of lightSeacaptain is a glorious beacon of lightSeacaptain is a glorious beacon of lightSeacaptain is a glorious beacon of lightSeacaptain is a glorious beacon of lightSeacaptain is a glorious beacon of lightSeacaptain is a glorious beacon of lightSeacaptain is a glorious beacon of lightSeacaptain is a glorious beacon of lightSeacaptain is a glorious beacon of lightSeacaptain is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Jan3kids
Have you found 'Adelaidebrits' forum yet?

I don't have the link to hand, but a 'Google' should bring it up.....bright yellow screen. Very helpful, friendly and addictive

Jan
I can't stay on the 'Adelaidebrits' forum for to long - the colour makes my eyes go funny. If the moderator or creator of the site is reading this, please could you change the colour! Cheers!
Old Sep 3rd 2007, 7:45 am
looking for my marbles

ozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by tazok
Looking to come to adelaide perm/ visa. Was there last Nov. Drove through Flagstaff ! Difficult to get your head round cost of living/house prices/salaries. I visited Flinders MC & could'nt get a straight answer to how much salary I would earn as a registered nurse !? So if anyone can give an insight into house prices / cost of living etc would be greatful. Cheers
t depends on how many years service you have.If your 9+ years then you will be RN level 9 which is around $59,000, hope this helps.You ndo need to prove how long youve been qualified.

Incidently what did you think if flinders mc?? I am thinking of applying for a job there, my cousin works there in icu and loves it. Was also thinking of flinder private too did you look there??
Old Sep 3rd 2007, 9:32 am
Forum Regular

rightruccus is a name known to allrightruccus is a name known to allrightruccus is a name known to allrightruccus is a name known to allrightruccus is a name known to allrightruccus is a name known to allrightruccus is a name known to allrightruccus is a name known to allrightruccus is a name known to allrightruccus is a name known to allrightruccus is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Seacaptain
I can't stay on the 'Adelaidebrits' forum for to long - the colour makes my eyes go funny. If the moderator or creator of the site is reading this, please could you change the colour! Cheers!
If you use Internet Explorer, click on "Tools", "Internet Options", "Accessibility", check box "Ignore colours specified on webpages", click "ok", click "ok".
Job done.
Old Sep 3rd 2007, 7:36 pm
Just Joined

Smile Re: Adelaide here we come!

Originally Posted by ozzieclare2b
t depends on how many years service you have.If your 9+ years then you will be RN level 9 which is around $59,000, hope this helps.You ndo need to prove how long youve been qualified.

Incidently what did you think if flinders mc?? I am thinking of applying for a job there, my cousin works there in icu and loves it. Was also thinking of flinder private too did you look there??
Hi Ozzieclare,
Flinders from the outside did,nt look much, but the staff I met were friendly. I visited the CCU & cardiac wards. Both looked good. I did'nt look around the private side though, although I believe a some of the staff sometimes do both. Dont know how that works ?! Perhaps they do agency? I've been qualified 15 years, but I did'nt assume that automatically puts you on $59,000. When I asked at my visit, they were a bit 'vague' and said that personnel sorts all that out?
Old Sep 4th 2007, 3:46 pm
looking for my marbles

ozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to behold

hi tazok, were the wards quite modern then?? When are you thinking of going i am not sure when to apply for a job as we are hoping to be out there may/june next year. Good luck x clare 9ps they are getting a pyrise too in october )
Old Sep 4th 2007, 7:02 pm
Just Joined

Hi Ozzie Claire, You are not that far behind us we sent our visa papers off beginning of july. Visa payment taken, received an e-mail to confirm papers have arrived but nothing else. Sat in the system with everyone else's I'm sure. I get the impression that job wise you dont have to worry to much until nearer the time. Most employers dont appear to want to engaged with you until you have your visa, which I suppose is understandable. My enquiries were really to get a feel for a place and to see if I could get a job. Let me just say that I was reassured. The areas I saw at flinders were very clean, there appeared to be loads of staff, not many patients and a very quite ward area and smiling staff (I'm sure its not always like that but thats what I saw). From my enquiries I have been told that most of the hospitals around Adelaide are pretty good, however a few negative ones about Modbury (sorry Modbury). However, I have also read positive comments about Modbury, so I think sometimes you just have to go with the flow. Like you say good news about the pay rise ! (in Oz that is !) I also get the impression that a lot of nurses do agency which increases their pay & flexibility (dont get sick pay though or tax breaks I think). But I think it could be a good way of starting out, so you get to see a few places first ? Cheers for now Andy
Old Sep 4th 2007, 9:30 pm
looking for my marbles

cheers Andy, my cousin seems very happy there and its near where i think we would like to live, my other cousin lives in happy valley and uncle in noaralunga, did think of looking into their hospital too but flinders seems perfect. Plus i work with a nurse whos from adelaide and she worked at flinders and loved it, its just grest to hear more opinions!!

Good luck
Old Sep 5th 2007, 8:46 pm
Forum Regular

skyblue has much to be proud ofskyblue has much to be proud ofskyblue has much to be proud ofskyblue has much to be proud ofskyblue has much to be proud ofskyblue has much to be proud ofskyblue has much to be proud ofskyblue has much to be proud ofskyblue has much to be proud ofskyblue has much to be proud ofskyblue has much to be proud of
Wink Re: Adelaide here we come!

I move into my new place in Flagstaff Hill on the 15th of September if anyone wants to help me decorate

Regards,
Ian
Old Sep 6th 2007, 8:37 am
Forum Regular

ellie10990 is a name known to allellie10990 is a name known to allellie10990 is a name known to allellie10990 is a name known to allellie10990 is a name known to allellie10990 is a name known to allellie10990 is a name known to allellie10990 is a name known to allellie10990 is a name known to allellie10990 is a name known to allellie10990 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by skyblue
I move into my new place in Flagstaff Hill on the 15th of September if anyone wants to help me decorate

Regards,
Ian
congrats on your new house.wE live in flagstaff too,been here 6 months,its a lovely area
Old Sep 6th 2007, 8:49 am
Forum Regular

Roo1 is on a distinguished road

yep, Flagstaff seems to tick many peoples boxes. My husband rented a house there, through work, last year which backed on to the golf course.
Its a very leafy suburb and family place to be.
Best of luck with your move
Judi x

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.