Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

adelaide... a great place to live???

adelaide... a great place to live???

Old Feb 23rd 2010, 12:50 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: adelaide... a great place to live???

Originally Posted by Aussie30
Have you ever been to Adelaide? You description of it is terrible and far from the truth.

So its not a small city.

So it does not have very hot and dry spells in summer.

It doesnt have many rough bits.

Its not quiet, compared to say sydney melb.

Really

Been there twice, but I have never lived there, not for me at all. Parents in law lived there for 6 months at one stage, but went back to melbourne.
Old Feb 23rd 2010, 1:01 am
BE Forum Addict

pompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to behold

Adelaide, small aussie city, quiet by even aussie standards, rough in many parts, hot dry summers, some people Love it, others may find its not for them at all. One of its big plusses is the housing is still cheap compared to many parts of oz.
A lot of fair comments I think. Lived there for three years and it wasnt for me, not to live, having said that theres nothing really wrong with it, its just not a great place for anyone single (over say 25!) or anyone who seriously wants a career...well depending what your career is I guess. Or anyone who wants to eat after 8pm etc etc but Im a city bird!

I have many friends there, Aussie and British, all married, all love it! Horses for courses! very close to the wineries and the outback, pretty dead apart from this time of year with the Fringe Clipsal etc
Old Feb 23rd 2010, 5:49 am
Pie Eater

coolshadows has much to be proud ofcoolshadows has much to be proud ofcoolshadows has much to be proud ofcoolshadows has much to be proud ofcoolshadows has much to be proud ofcoolshadows has much to be proud ofcoolshadows has much to be proud ofcoolshadows has much to be proud ofcoolshadows has much to be proud ofcoolshadows has much to be proud ofcoolshadows has much to be proud of

We have lived in Adelaide for about 7 months now and really enjoy it.

+tives - Beaches, parks (with kids play areas!!), BBQ lifestyle, larger houses, festivals, more homely than say Sydney, invites to friends houses with pools, Vinyards

-tives - still the same 45 mins to work, some areas are a little rough around the edges, salary is less than uk (there weren't too many jobs to choose from! - multiply your uk salary by 2.2 and use that as a guide), house prices, stealth taxes.
Old Mar 5th 2010, 1:55 pm
Just Joined

mistofmind is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there. i am from india and soon will land in adelaide on 475 visa. letsw hope the city offers me a good job and affordable accomodation. Can anybody help me in how to find an accomodation there?