Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Adelaide - flies and bugs

Adelaide - flies and bugs

Old Dec 12th 2008, 11:57 am
Capt Hilts

coolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond repute
Question Adelaide - flies and bugs

Hi,
after many problems we have managed to get the process going for emigration. We have decided on Adeliade so was wondering if anyone can tell me what it's like for flying buzzing insects. I am particularly interested as I would like to continue my hobby/torture of golf

Any golfers in Adelaide on BE?

Cheers,
Cooler
Old Dec 12th 2008, 2:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

bluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to all
Default Re: Adelaide - flies and bugs

Hi, good luck with your move, Adelaide is lovely,, flies are terrible,, you swat them away and they just dont go away,, they are soooo annoying, not all year round though.

Bluekipper
Old Dec 12th 2008, 9:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Flies can be a bit of a nightmare at times. Although I don't think there's lots of them, it's just the one that follows you around the whole summer no amount of telling it to f' off seems to work, but Aeroguard does - for a while anyway.

On the golf thing, I think you'll like this place http://www.tapinn.com.au/
Old Dec 12th 2008, 10:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

Merseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

My husband is a keen golfer here in Adelaide and does complain about the flies every now and then but it's not a year round problem and shouldn't affect your game too much.
Old Dec 13th 2008, 12:23 am
A Returning Member!!

Sham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Merseygirl
My husband is a keen golfer here in Adelaide and does complain about the flies every now and then but it's not a year round problem and shouldn't affect your game too much.

Mine plays golf here in Adelaide to, plays with a large group that venture round to various courses rather than be a member at one, he says some courses are really bad but others there are none at all, also depends on the time of year and the weather, but if they really piss you off you can always get one of those hats with the netting stuff, very fetching!!

He also said if you utilise the beer cart by the time you reach the 18th hole the last thing you are worrying about is the flies!
Old Dec 13th 2008, 12:33 am
BE Enthusiast

billymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nice

Originally Posted by coolerkingcooler
Hi,
after many problems we have managed to get the process going for emigration. We have decided on Adeliade so was wondering if anyone can tell me what it's like for flying buzzing insects. I am particularly interested as I would like to continue my hobby/torture of golf

Any golfers in Adelaide on BE?

Cheers,
Cooler
If you don't like flies australia is not for you.
Old Dec 13th 2008, 2:36 am
Just Joined

shane-sullivan is an unknown quantity at this point

Just came back from a trip to Adelaide. It is by far the worst "major city" in Australia.

And as for Port Adelaide...what a shithole
Old Dec 13th 2008, 2:39 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by billymacker
I'm not sure there are many people who actually do like flies.
Old Dec 13th 2008, 3:00 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Grayling
I'm not sure there are many people who actually do like flies.

Really! who'd have thunked it eh?
Old Dec 13th 2008, 3:18 am
Forum Regular

Graham and Maria is a name known to allGraham and Maria is a name known to allGraham and Maria is a name known to allGraham and Maria is a name known to allGraham and Maria is a name known to allGraham and Maria is a name known to allGraham and Maria is a name known to allGraham and Maria is a name known to allGraham and Maria is a name known to allGraham and Maria is a name known to allGraham and Maria is a name known to all

Originally Posted by shane-sullivan
Just came back from a trip to Adelaide. It is by far the worst "major city" in Australia.

I cant disagree with you more lol, but I suppose people have different opinions/interests in a place to live.

Flys, mozzies, roaches, beetles yes, you will get semi-used to them

Last edited by Graham and Maria; Dec 13th 2008 at 3:22 am.
Old Dec 13th 2008, 5:54 am
BE Forum Addict

purple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud of

Hubby is a golfer, he reckons the flies are not that bad.
I am out morning and evening, Step into Life out door fitness,I spray myself with mossie stuff and it seems to deter the flies also

Jacqui
Old Dec 13th 2008, 8:45 am
BE Enthusiast

dave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond repute

I lived in adelaide in glenelg for about a year and the flies could get real bad in the summer. Some days you will be mobbed by loads trying to get up your nose and in your ears, other days you will just get the odd one buzzing around.

Used to drive me crazy, made it so some days I couldnt go out for a run or even walk around the shops, 5 minutes of fighting them off would be enough to make me head home.

Fighting flies off is called doing Air Karate an aussie once told me
Old Dec 13th 2008, 8:49 am
Capt Hilts

coolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by billymacker

Thanks for the replies, fingers crossed over the next year with our application
Old Dec 14th 2008, 8:51 am
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shane-sullivan

Leave yer self alone at night shane , nobody likes a W**ka.........mm
Old Dec 15th 2008, 12:11 pm
A Returning Member!!

Sham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by mr mover
Leave yer self alone at night shane , nobody likes a W**ka.........mm

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.